Windows 7 - FOFix question (fixed again)

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Windows 7 - FOFix question (fixed again)

Postby amak11 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 8:49 pm

fixed again
Last edited by amak11 on Mon Sep 14, 2009 2:52 pm, edited 6 times in total.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Tormann71

Re: Windows 7 - FOFix question

Postby Tormann71 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:21 pm

:huh: I'm pretty sure that I've heard that FoFiX runs the best on Windows 7
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:38 pm

Tormann71 wrote::huh: I'm pretty sure that I've heard that FoFiX runs the best on Windows 7

From the windows' I've tried, yeah. But there were different specs on different machines, so who knows?

To answer the OP question: Works fine. I've been using windows 7 (in beta and RC form) for months, and I haven't had a problem running FoFiX yet.

And for the record, Windows 7 doesn't suck. I won't say it's brilliant, but it's sure as hell better than Vista. And, dare I say it: better than XP in most respects.
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Sun Sep 13, 2009 10:48 pm

death_au wrote:
Tormann71 wrote::huh: I'm pretty sure that I've heard that FoFiX runs the best on Windows 7

From the windows' I've tried, yeah. But there were different specs on different machines, so who knows?

To answer the OP question: Works fine. I've been using windows 7 (in beta and RC form) for months, and I haven't had a problem running FoFiX yet.

And for the record, Windows 7 doesn't suck. I won't say it's brilliant, but it's sure as hell better than Vista. And, dare I say it: better than XP in most respects.

yup that pretty much descibes window 7

Windows 7 is the best windows release ever i mean no joke its awesome :)
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
supe95

Postby supe95 » Sun Sep 13, 2009 11:06 pm

I have been using Windows 7 and havent had any issues
Sephentos

Postby Sephentos » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:05 am

Im using Windows 7, and it laggs as hell with FoFIX.
I dont know why, but its laggin so hardcore.
I just have to wait 5-6 seconds until the game receive my keyboard activitys.

Its not a problem with my hardware, i have Windows XP too installed on another hard drive.
there it runs perfectly with full fps.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:36 am

Sephentos wrote:Im using Windows 7, and it laggs as hell with FoFIX.

Its not a problem with my hardware, i have Windows XP too installed on another hard drive.

Is it only FoFiX that has the laggy input? Or do other programs do the same thing?
Also, is it a wireless keyboard?
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Mon Sep 14, 2009 1:41 am

Well, the RC was built and tested on Windows 7 - which is (probably) why all those DLL problems went down. But yeah - it works just fine.

No idea what that's about, but it's not the fault of Windows 7. Make sure you have a non-default driver installed for your video card.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Slash666

Postby Slash666 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 9:11 am

I run it fine, but there's one problem. I cant take any screenshots with Prntscr button.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 10:27 am

akedrou wrote:Well, the RC was built and tested on Windows 7 - which is (probably) why all those DLL problems went down. But yeah - it works just fine.

No idea what that's about, but it's not the fault of Windows 7. Make sure you have a non-default driver installed for your video card.

Only problem i have is the hardcore lag. So should I install updated video card drivers

---- EDIT ----

YAY lag is gone. Now where is the fofix.ini file. game won't start need to delete it
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Sephentos

Re: Windows 7 - FOFix question (New problem)

Postby Sephentos » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:38 pm

Is it only FoFiX that has the laggy input? Or do other programs do the same thing?
Also, is it a wireless keyboard?

All games are running perfectly.
Like FEAR 2, or WoW. All games runnning with 30fps - without problems.
But FoFIX and only FoFIX laggs as hell. only 2-3fps each secound.

What i can do?

It is not a wireless keyboard.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Windows 7 - FOFix question (New problem)

Postby amak11 » Mon Sep 14, 2009 12:46 pm

i need a known working version for windows. Just to eliminate scenarios. the Py 2.6 one works fine, 2.4 just doesn't work for the songs i posted in te first post

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Rude Boy
Nutty

Postby Nutty » Mon Sep 14, 2009 4:59 pm

Slash666 wrote:I run it fine, but there's one problem. I cant take any screenshots with Prntscr button.

You can't do that on any version of Windows with OpenGL/DirectX apps. Just use Fraps.

* (WIP) Dali theme v0.8

* Major contributions to:
Jackzilla1's Guitar Hero III beta Gameplay Mod
(vapor) estemhorn's Real World theme

* plastic guitar fret buttons v1.2 (a variation is used in Death_97's Zelda theme)
* push-button fret buttons v1.0
* vibrating strings fret buttons v1.0 <preview> (strings come from worldrave's Guitar Hero III theme)
* mushroom cloud hitflames v1.2 (includes 3 brightness variations) <preview>
* realistic lightning v1.0

* The Urge - "Jump Right In" v1.29 - all difficulties, w/lyrics (3:43)
* The Mighty Mighty Bosstones - "Someday I Suppose" v1.14 - all difficulties, w/lyrics (3:28)
* (WIP) Fishbone - "Party at Ground Zero" v0.20 - amazing only (so far), w/lyrics (6:31)
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:42 pm

Nutty wrote:
Slash666 wrote:I run it fine, but there's one problem. I cant take any screenshots with Prntscr button.

You can't do that on any version of Windows with OpenGL/DirectX apps. Just use Fraps.

I do it all the time and it works fine... I usually use alt+printscrn, to get just the window I'm on, but prntscrn generally works fine for me. No issue. All versions of windows.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Sep 14, 2009 6:58 pm

death_au wrote:I do it all the time and it works fine... I usually use alt+printscrn, to get just the window I'm on, but prntscrn generally works fine for me. No issue. All versions of windows.

Maybe some video drivers support that?

Return to “FoFiX”