Rock Hero!!! (GH version complete, RB version in progress)!!

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.

How's the theme?!?!

Best one ever!!!!!!!!
22%
Great !!!
45%
Needs improvement.......
17%
ewwww........
15%

Total votes: 126
Blazing Soul
Phoenix_Blaze

Re: Rock Hero!!! (GH version complete, RB version in progress)!!

Postby Phoenix_Blaze » Mon Jul 20, 2009 9:51 am

Very well done on the theme. I signed up just to tell you that, lol.

Actually, though, I wanted to say I can't wait for the next one (the GH notes on RB board), good luck, and I have an idea for you that you could maybe use for your third installment (if you plan to make one). Personally, if this was possible, it wouldn't just make my day. It would like... make my year.

Is it at all possible to mix and match notes? What I'm thinking is crazy, but in my opinion very very practical: mixing GH and RB notes together. Hear me out:
RB notes are basically flat, and for me they seem to make fast strumming bits (i.e. Knights of Cydonia) a lot easier.
GH notes, on the flipside, are round and harder to differentiate in those parts, but I think GH hammer-ons are killer and RB hammer-ons just... confuse me.

So my idea would be to use RB-style notes for strum notes and GH-style notes for hammer-ons/pull-offs. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be crazy if it was, and I think it would be a lot of fun to give a theme like that a try.

Failing that, some JamLegend-style oval-ish notes with the sparkles for hammer-ons (google JamLegend if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's kind of a simple browser-based GH clone) would be kinda cool. I don't know, just something practical but a bit unique so it's not like every other GH/RB rip-off out there. I can tell that's what you're going for, so I thought I should speak up :wink: Sorry about the ridiculous post length. Hope you consider the idea if you took the time to read it :laugh:
3 FINGERS PWN YOU
a1ltobeg0dly

Postby a1ltobeg0dly » Tue Jul 21, 2009 12:41 am

Phoenix_Blaze wrote:Very well done on the theme. I signed up just to tell you that, lol.

Actually, though, I wanted to say I can't wait for the next one (the GH notes on RB board), good luck, and I have an idea for you that you could maybe use for your third installment (if you plan to make one). Personally, if this was possible, it wouldn't just make my day. It would like... make my year.

Is it at all possible to mix and match notes? What I'm thinking is crazy, but in my opinion very very practical: mixing GH and RB notes together. Hear me out:
RB notes are basically flat, and for me they seem to make fast strumming bits (i.e. Knights of Cydonia) a lot easier.
GH notes, on the flipside, are round and harder to differentiate in those parts, but I think GH hammer-ons are killer and RB hammer-ons just... confuse me.

So my idea would be to use RB-style notes for strum notes and GH-style notes for hammer-ons/pull-offs. I don't know if it's possible, but it would be crazy if it was, and I think it would be a lot of fun to give a theme like that a try.

Failing that, some JamLegend-style oval-ish notes with the sparkles for hammer-ons (google JamLegend if you don't know what I'm talking about, it's kind of a simple browser-based GH clone) would be kinda cool. I don't know, just something practical but a bit unique so it's not like every other GH/RB rip-off out there. I can tell that's what you're going for, so I thought I should speak up :wink: Sorry about the ridiculous post length. Hope you consider the idea if you took the time to read it :laugh:

not a very good idea actually it would look stupid to have rock band notes and when theres ho/po's theres guitar hero notes? imgaine what that would look like i give a :thumbdown: on that.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Jul 21, 2009 7:00 pm

It could work if you didn't use either RB or GH notes. Roundish notes like GH, and HO/POs as a bar like RB. The hard part would be making them look like they match.
Blazing Soul
Phoenix_Blaze

Postby Phoenix_Blaze » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:17 am

a1ltobeg0dly wrote:not a very good idea actually it would look stupid to have rock band notes and when theres ho/po's theres guitar hero notes? imgaine what that would look like i give a :thumbdown: on that.

Well pardon me for having a unique idea. If you want a truly best of both worlds theme, this is the way to go. I mean, fast strumming looks better with RB notes and HO/PO's look better with GH notes, that's just how I feel. And honestly, you don't think I imagined what it would look like? I did, and it looks pretty awesome. If you don't like it, you don't have to have it (if it ever gets made).

death_au wrote:It could work if you didn't use either RB or GH notes. Roundish notes like GH, and HO/POs as a bar like RB. The hard part would be making them look like they match.

Can you elaborate on that a little? I'm just curious what you meant-- it sounds kinda like my JamLegend idea, but it also sounds like it's my idea reversed (I didn't want HO/PO bars and roundish strum notes).
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Jul 22, 2009 8:09 pm

Phoenix_Blaze wrote:
death_au wrote:It could work if you didn't use either RB or GH notes. Roundish notes like GH, and HO/POs as a bar like RB. The hard part would be making them look like they match.

Can you elaborate on that a little? I'm just curious what you meant-- it sounds kinda like my JamLegend idea, but it also sounds like it's my idea reversed (I didn't want HO/PO bars and roundish strum notes).

Whoops, I just kinda wrote that backwards. I meant the other way around.
I just meant that GH and RB notes look very different (even apart from shape). If you could make notes that were the different shapes but still looked like they matched it would probably look good.
Blazing Soul
Phoenix_Blaze

Postby Phoenix_Blaze » Thu Jul 23, 2009 11:15 am

I guess it probably would look odd, but I don't know, it just seems so practical. You'd never have to wonder which note is or isn't a hammer-on again, you'd see it clearly, and for me at least, it would probably make for very easy playing. Maybe I'll figure out how to design my own note icon set :laugh: I wish it seemed just a bit more intuitive :glare:
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:03 pm

Rush job I made while I was at work:
Obviously the GH notes need to be tilted for the RB curve, and the overdrive GH notes need a lot of work... but give it a go and see what you think.
Blazing Soul
Phoenix_Blaze

Postby Phoenix_Blaze » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:36 pm

death_au wrote:Rush job I made while I was at work:

Obviously the GH notes need to be tilted for the RB curve, and the overdrive GH notes need a lot of work... but give it a go and see what you think.

WOW, thank you! I'll see how these work. I actually just got done modifying some other themes I had, and this is the perfect addition. I've found I can't make anything but I can mess with things that have already been made really well :laugh: But thanks again, I really didn't expect anyone to make me anything. I was just kinda talking because I decided to reg :wink:
ghostboy666

Re: Rock Hero!!! (GH version complete, RB version in progres

Postby ghostboy666 » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:27 am

Dead link :(

Tim - "Whats more important? Cigarrets or ass?"
Albie - "Cigarrets. When you wake up in the morning you wanna smoke and not some ass in your face"
Aquareis

Postby Aquareis » Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:47 am

Re-upload, please :sad:
Last edited by Aquareis on Mon Jul 08, 2013 3:07 am, edited 1 time in total.
ichiemo

Postby ichiemo » Mon Jun 27, 2011 9:51 pm

yes plzz re upload this looks epic and would love to have it.
I like Keyboards!
743rage

Postby 743rage » Thu Jul 14, 2011 9:27 am

THis theme rocks.
A theme for people who can not decide between GH and RB :wink:
Great!

"The doctors X-rayed my head an found nothing."
lonixx

Postby lonixx » Tue Aug 16, 2011 3:31 pm

Someone pls send it to me @ "[email protected]"
Plsplspls It's the best theme ever!
nV_M3

Postby nV_M3 » Sun Sep 18, 2011 9:16 pm

Link is dead! Oh noes! Can you re-post it pretty please? Or, if someone else has it and sees this post please upload it or send me a PM with a link.
dragon ball af

Postby dragon ball af » Thu Dec 15, 2011 2:00 pm

link is dead

Return to “FoFiX”