STaRZ: *Updated* svn available

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
WildSioux

Re: STaRZ: Theme for FoFIX 3.120

Postby WildSioux » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:01 am

Am I missing something with the solo neck? Whenever there is a solo, it just shows a blue neck - NO stars??? I have tried both replace and overlay but no change.

Also, with the shaders enabled. The neck flashes, but it doesn't flash the fret color (green, red, yellow, blue, orange). It just flashes a light blue. Is that the way it is supposed to work or are those not coded yet for your theme? I have the shaders set to RB2. In the RB2 theme they flash the fret colors.

Just a few comments that I have noticed things not being what they should. Or maybe that is the way they are and I don't know. I realize you are still working on this theme and may not have finished a few things. Thank and keep up the great work!
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
Hazzerz

Postby Hazzerz » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:00 am

I didn't code any shaders into the theme. If you're using shaders it will just be the default one. They're probably blue though because I manually set the note tails to be that color, I didn't know that affected the shaders too till just now.

Sorry about the solo neck, that's something I obviously forgot to edit in the read me. I had a graphics issue with going into overdrive before hitting a solo and/or while in one, so I had to remove the solo neck I originally had. Sorry bout that.
WildSioux

Postby WildSioux » Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:34 am

No problem...I am sure the next revision you will have these along with other things added/fixed.

Also, I vote for an SVN of this theme. It just makes it much more simpler to add, checkout, then update when a new revision is out instead of downloading, extract, and copy files/folders. I am sure it is easier on the other end too, uploading revision changes that is (commit I think it is)?
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
shumash

Postby shumash » Fri Jun 05, 2009 4:37 pm

FWIW, I don't know why it's advertised for 3.120. It works great on 3.10
Nave47

Postby Nave47 » Fri Jun 05, 2009 8:04 pm

Really nice theme. Great job.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Jun 06, 2009 7:15 pm

shumash wrote:FWIW, I don't know why it's advertised for 3.120. It works great on 3.10

It probably works okay on 3.000, too. It's advertised as 3.120 because it has graphics for some of the new features in 3.120 that were not present in 3.100. As far as I know, all themes for 3.0+ work on all versions 3.0+, but they may count on new features that cause the graphics to look odd in older versions. Usually this is not the case however.
nefarious

Postby nefarious » Mon Jun 08, 2009 8:13 am

First off just want to say cool theme; having a really silly issue with something though I can't seem to get the neck to work and I know it's not an issue with your neck it's just in general because I never use them and I know it's just a stupid setting somewhere that's cause the problem. Right now all I'm getting is a transparent neck and I messed around with the transparency settings and that did nothing; what setting do I need to change to get necks to show?

Thanks.
My Guitar Hero: On Tour Rips
New ones: Here
re-synced song.ogg's thanks to Moonflow43
Hazzerz

Postby Hazzerz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:09 am

You say you're not seeing the neck at all? You probably have to pick the neck for your specific character, not just in the options menu. I had something similar happen to me.
nefarious

Postby nefarious » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:53 am

*slaps forehead* Thanks, that's exactly why it wasn't working.
My Guitar Hero: On Tour Rips

New ones: Here

re-synced song.ogg's thanks to Moonflow43
Hazzerz

Postby Hazzerz » Mon Jun 08, 2009 9:33 pm

No problem, man, glad that's all it was.

On a side note, 3D notes are finished.

Spoiler:Image

They turned out pretty good I think. I should have an update for this thing in the next couple days. Just finishing up some of the other stuff. I'll have an .svn link available too.
Hazzerz

Re: STaRZ: *Updated* svn available

Postby Hazzerz » Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:57 am

Sorry for the delay on this update. I had an issue with my 3dsmax installation. On top of that I had to redo the notes from scratch, the ones used in the .png images were like 5-7,000 polygons each =\ I also had to, ya know, learn how to make 3D notes for FOFIX.

Replaced the old downloads with the new full releases, as well as updated files for everyone who has already downloaded (thanks guys).

An .svn link is up there too.

Peace all.
SPK

Postby SPK » Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:27 pm

Thx for the SVN version, awesome theme
Hazzerz

Postby Hazzerz » Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:33 am

No problem, never bothered with it before but I see why people use svn now.
nfshp2002

Postby nfshp2002 » Tue Jun 16, 2009 3:06 am

for once in my life this theme has written DOWNLOAD ME all over it
the video made me drop my bottom jaw
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:17 pm

Hey - since I just did a bunch of lobby work in the code, I thought I'd let you know since I've been testing with your graphics (love the theme!).

Stick your neck in THEME\necks (and choose "theme necks" from the edit character screen)
Stick default.png in THEME\avatars

Also, you can add "avatarframe.png", "avatarbg.png", and "avatarselectframe.png" to make a ...frame, background, and selection frame. Proper ratio for the frames to avoid distortion is 11:18 (yea, sorry) - I basically designed this avatar menu to your theme, so it looks pretty good with no "avatarbg.png" or "avatarframe.png" and should only need a simple "avatarselectframe.png" - IMO.

Check the wiki for theme.ini settings, but just wanted to make sure I got the basic information to you ASAP.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent

Return to “FoFiX”