STaRZ: *Updated* svn available

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 10 years and 10 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
WildSioux

Re: STaRZ: Theme for FoFIX 3.120

Postby WildSioux » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:05 am

WOW, Great job on this theme!

I wish the devs would fix the star power/over drive sound issue sounding like crap. This theme it is really bad and makes it sound broken.

Anyways, I found a star font called "Oh my god stars !...not sure if you would use it Hazzerz. But I thought it fits the overall "star" theme quite well.

Here is a preview/download with your theme name...
http://www.dafont.com/font.php?file=oh_my_god_stars&page=1&nb_ppp_old=20&text=STaRZ&nb_ppp=20&psize=m&classt=alpha
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
Hazzerz

Postby Hazzerz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:04 am

acrox999 wrote:The stage is too dark. I wonder if you can make the animated stage like in the loading background. Blue and Stars. :2thumbsup:

Well, there is SOME blue in the background.
It used to match the menus, I kicked up the saturation on them at the last minute....I thought those were too dark :P

Thanks for that font, I looked on Dafont for some suitable ones, that one never popped up....go figure.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:28 pm

WildSioux wrote:I wish the devs would fix the star power/over drive sound issue sounding like crap. This theme it is really bad and makes it sound broken.

Are you referring to FoFiX issue 739? If so, it has been fixed... If not, what is your issue?
Slash666

Postby Slash666 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 4:46 pm

It sounds great for me. I guess he thinks that the sound is bad. But it's suposed to be like that.
WildSioux

Postby WildSioux » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:17 pm

death_au wrote:
WildSioux wrote:I wish the devs would fix the star power/over drive sound issue sounding like crap. This theme it is really bad and makes it sound broken.

Are you referring to FoFiX issue 739? If so, it has been fixed... If not, what is your issue?

Yes, I am referring to issue 739 as well as issue 760 which I started. Apparently it was fixed but the sound is still meh along with the multiple activation sounds after the initial one.

In this theme, it just sounds like a bomb going off with a pause half-way through.

I didn't notice activation on the video posted in the first post. But maybe it is just my slow a$$ computer. I do believe a new i7 processor build is in my future.

BTW...what song is that used in your video?
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
Hazzerz

Postby Hazzerz » Tue Jun 02, 2009 8:10 pm

Oh the song in the vid is Don't look back in anger, by Oasis

Have you tried listening to the actual sound in the theme folder, to see what it sounds like? Maybe it's not your computer and you just think the sound itself blows :tongue:
WildSioux

Postby WildSioux » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:45 pm

Hazzerz wrote:Oh the song in the vid is Don't look back in anger, by Oasis

Have you tried listening to the actual sound in the theme folder, to see what it sounds like? Maybe it's not your computer and you just think the sound itself blows :tongue:

I'll be, I tried listening to it from the song folder and in Mplayer it would play but gave me a "unable to connect to pulse" error with the same bomb explosion sound I hear in the game. So I changed the settings in Mplayer from "pulse" to "alsa" (my sound card is an intel but that wasn't an option). And it plays fine now, both in mplayer and in the game (better). I say, better in the game because I can still activate it multiple times.

Makes no sense why the settings in Mplayer would effect the game play sound. I even have all my sounds in the KDE system settings for "Intel." Fracking pulse :mad:
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Wed Jun 03, 2009 9:39 am

I like the font of your choice, Hazzers. Its really nice. Good job. :2thumbsup: And I love the noise which the theme made. :laugh:
Hazzerz

Postby Hazzerz » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:09 pm

acrox999 wrote:I like the font of your choice, Hazzers. Its really nice. Good job. :2thumbsup: And I love the noise which the theme made. :laugh:

Thanks, man. The sound effects are probably my favorite part of the whole thing, it's funny what just a couple sounds can do.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Jun 03, 2009 8:47 pm

Hazzerz wrote:
acrox999 wrote:I like the font of your choice, Hazzers. Its really nice. Good job. :2thumbsup: And I love the noise which the theme made. :laugh:

Thanks, man. The sound effects are probably my favorite part of the whole thing, it's funny what just a couple sounds can do.

Seconded. I think that's what sets this theme apart from other themes out there. Yes it has amazing graphics that puts it among the top themes already, but the custom sounds add a new level of "custom", and just generally improve the feel of the whole theme.
lagwagone

Postby lagwagone » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:10 am

wow - this is the nicest custom theme i've seen :) excellent work!

why dont u set up an svn for it (http://www.xp-dev.com/) so that we can grab the updated images without having to redownload the whole thing?
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jun 04, 2009 7:38 am

lagwagone wrote:why dont u set up an svn for it (http://www.xp-dev.com/) so that we can grab the updated images without having to redownload the whole thing?

...or he could just do it the old fashioned way and release a patch with the new files as well as a new full release.
Seriously, what is the obsession with SVN? Yes it's convenient... for some
lagwagone

Postby lagwagone » Thu Jun 04, 2009 9:30 am

death_au wrote:
lagwagone wrote:why dont u set up an svn for it (http://www.xp-dev.com/) so that we can grab the updated images without having to redownload the whole thing?

...or he could just do it the old fashioned way and release a patch with the new files as well as a new full release.
Seriously, what is the obsession with SVN? Yes it's convenient... for some

Ye that'd work too. SVN is convenient for me...one click to update FoFiX and all themes :thumbup:
Hazzerz

Postby Hazzerz » Thu Jun 04, 2009 4:30 pm

I considered svn for a bit, I personally don't use it but if enough people want it I'll look into it. But yeah, like death_au mentioned I'll probably just add little update "packs" to the first post for now.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Thu Jun 04, 2009 6:42 pm

*phew!* After 4 days, I am finally switching to another theme! Seems like I've been using it for a month! :2thumbsup:
Can we get this forum going again?

Return to “FoFiX”