FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
death cube k

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby death cube k » Mon Sep 07, 2009 6:58 am

I have weird problem ,fofix (2.4)only play song.ogg I don't know whats wrong with my laptop/fofix???

PS: before I install 2.4, I installed 2.6 with all required stuff (Py.2.6 ,numpy,..etc) then I have performance issue, so I uninstall 2.6 & all required stuff then install 2.4 and I got the problem?????
BTW
Where is fofix save the setting in computer?
Queen of The Stupid Age - "Sig, Sig, Sig "
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Mon Sep 07, 2009 12:33 pm

edit:2 just read the new rules

bug report moved

edit:
Ambiguity wrote:
jalvarado wrote:I've been testing fofix 3.120 RC1 and after deleting the POWRPROF.dll, I started to look into some of the improvements.
I quickly noticed that the songs load amazingly fast. I also like the new shader for the overdrive fill in the rockband theme.
However I also spotted some of the bugs.
First, it seems the all the rendered texts are misplaced about 5 pixels down. This is in every theme. EX. Setlists, scores, solo percents ,etc.
Also, there seems to be an issue loading songs with separate audio for each instrument, ex RB songs, GH songs.
i also tried the pitch-bending for the whammy but after you use it once it deteriorates all the audio even the menus, you hear something like static, which is really annoying,(you can always choose kill-switch instead.
Also sometimes the game crashes out of nowhere, saying "This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way..."(this also happens after deleting MSWSOCK.dll)
And last and yes least imouportant, for some reason the hitwindow is set to tightest by default(so make sure you change it back to normal or it will feel very weird when you play).

NO! this is not a complain post, it's just a heads up for the people thinking of updating.
In my case I'm staying with beta 2 which is very stable(at least until this bugs are patched.

Yeah that's all been reported already(sept for maybe the setlist thing, did you restart the program to see if it's normal again?). The static on using pitchbend happened on me even when using 3.120 beta2, I'd use killswitch even if that didn't happen though because pitchbend barely seems to make a difference in the pitch(I think I read somewhere they are still trying to make it better though).

BTW the hit window isn't defaulted to tightest, that just happens because you were probably using your beta2 fofix.ini.

are you using python 2.4? there are slight font differences between 2.4 and 2.6 depending on which the theme maker used for the settings.
SPK

Postby SPK » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:08 pm

Simograndi wrote:The album art is a known issue, should be fixed soon before next release. :wink:

EDIT: latest SVN seems to fix that, BTW be sure that your "Song" folder is into "data", otherwise there could be some problems...

bad news, the last SVN no fix that problem, I move my songs folder to DATA folder, but the problem persist.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Mon Sep 07, 2009 10:53 pm

SPK wrote:
Simograndi wrote:The album art is a known issue, should be fixed soon before next release. :wink:

EDIT: latest SVN seems to fix that, BTW be sure that your "Song" folder is into "data", otherwise there could be some problems...

bad news, the last SVN no fix that problem, I move my songs folder to DATA folder, but the problem persist.

Not sure what to tell you there - I'm getting album art to load fine whether my songs folder is in data or otherwise.
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:00 am

SPK wrote:

Have you made sure that you have set them to display "album covers" as opposed to "labels" in the setlist settings?
I've had some problems with crashing due to labels recently, but I think one or more of my labels have become corrupted somehow. I should get around to fixing that to make sure it's not a code bug.
Simograndi

Postby Simograndi » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:20 am

About this mess with album art, here it's a checkpoint:

- under windows the path C:\songs gives "error 5, access denied" when returning to main menu (at least to me... :confused: )
- without setting the setlist path from options and having the song folder into "fofix\data" album art works but every time a song is finished game returns to main song folder
- I solved all my issues about album covers renaming the "Songs" folder into "songs". So probably it's something case-sensitive... check out how your folder is named :wink:

So, to be "sure" that album covers and setlist work, you have to put your "songs" folder everywhere you want except for "C:\" or "data" and be sure that the folder is samed lower-case.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:32 am

Simograndi wrote:So, to be "sure" that album covers and setlist work, you have to put your "songs" folder everywhere you want except for "C:\" or "data" and be sure that the folder is samed lower-case.

Out of curiosity, what OS are you using? I don't see why "C:\songs" wouldn't work, unless it's some vista security thing...
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:54 am

Simograndi wrote:About this mess with album art, here it's a checkpoint:

- under windows the path C:\songs gives "error 5, access denied" when returning to main menu (at least to me... :confused: )
- without setting the setlist path from options and having the song folder into "fofix\data" album art works but every time a song is finished game returns to main song folder
- I solved all my issues about album covers renaming the "Songs" folder into "songs". So probably it's something case-sensitive... check out how your folder is named :wink:

So, to be "sure" that album covers and setlist work, you have to put your "songs" folder everywhere you want except for "C:\" or "data" and be sure that the folder is samed lower-case.

1) Does not for me. If you are using Vista, make sure you have UAC disabled if you are putting things in protected folders (such as C:\) - or else be sure that you have write access (make sure you can change files and see the changes in the folder without Windows security popping up)
2) Did you make sure to delete the line "base_library" in your fofix.ini after moving your folder into data, or else change the folder in the Options Menu? This is important. (If you are using a fresh ini and put the files in /data/songs, you do not need to change anything.)
3) The folder is supposed to be named songs (lower case)
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
alparbal

Postby alparbal » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:21 am

Is it possible to submit GH and Rockband songs to scorehero.com with FoFIX?
Last edited by alparbal on Tue Sep 08, 2009 11:11 am, edited 1 time in total.
Simograndi

Postby Simograndi » Tue Sep 08, 2009 2:51 am

@ akedrou

1) I use Win7 RTM with UAC disabled
2) I've tried with either old or new file ini, choosing or not the folder from options
3) At 99% the upper-case named folder is the cause of missing album art

BTW now everything works right for me, I had just suggested some possible fixes for people that still have these issues :smile:
SPK

Postby SPK » Tue Sep 08, 2009 4:37 pm

Simograndi wrote:About this mess with album art, here it's a checkpoint:

YES, YES , YES, THX men, problem solvet, mi songs folder is called "SONGS" but change to "songs" and now the albun covers display correctly. Very weird, in old versions of fofix SVN I have no problems whith the name folder of my songs.

Sorry my english
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:36 pm

Is it possible to run two different versions of FoFiX off of two different fofix.inis? I'm running beta2 and RC on my system but I think RC's fofix.ini is messing up settings in my beta2.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 08, 2009 6:58 pm

Ambiguity wrote:Is it possible to run two different versions of FoFiX off of two different fofix.inis? I'm running beta2 and RC on my system but I think RC's fofix.ini is messing up settings in my beta2.

If you move the fofix.ini to the same folder as the game (i.e. the exe), it will read it from there as opposed to the %appdata% folder. Alternatively I think there's a command line argument for using an alternate ini file.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Sep 08, 2009 7:01 pm

death_au wrote:
Ambiguity wrote:Is it possible to run two different versions of FoFiX off of two different fofix.inis? I'm running beta2 and RC on my system but I think RC's fofix.ini is messing up settings in my beta2.

If you move the fofix.ini to the same folder as the game (i.e. the exe), it will read it from there as opposed to the %appdata% folder. Alternatively I think there's a command line argument for using an alternate ini file.

Thanks, that's what I needed to know =).

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

SmashD

Postby SmashD » Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:31 am

Anybody knows where the Jurgen assist modes went to? Corrupt SVN directory on my side or were they removed?

Return to “FoFiX”