FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Sep 03, 2009 6:24 pm

jalvarado wrote:I've been testing fofix 3.120 RC1 and after deleting the POWRPROF.dll, I started to look into some of the improvements.
I quickly noticed that the songs load amazingly fast. I also like the new shader for the overdrive fill in the rockband theme.
However I also spotted some of the bugs.
First, it seems the all the rendered texts are misplaced about 5 pixels down. This is in every theme. EX. Setlists, scores, solo percents ,etc.
Also, there seems to be an issue loading songs with separate audio for each instrument, ex RB songs, GH songs.
i also tried the pitch-bending for the whammy but after you use it once it deteriorates all the audio even the menus, you hear something like static, which is really annoying,(you can always choose kill-switch instead.
Also sometimes the game crashes out of nowhere, saying "This application has requested the runtime to terminate in an unusual way..."(this also happens after deleting MSWSOCK.dll)
And last and yes least imouportant, for some reason the hitwindow is set to tightest by default(so make sure you change it back to normal or it will feel very weird when you play).

NO! this is not a complain post, it's just a heads up for the people thinking of updating.
In my case I'm staying with beta 2 which is very stable(at least until this bugs are patched.

Yeah that's all been reported already(sept for maybe the setlist thing, did you restart the program to see if it's normal again?). The static on using pitchbend happened on me even when using 3.120 beta2, I'd use killswitch even if that didn't happen though because pitchbend barely seems to make a difference in the pitch(I think I read somewhere they are still trying to make it better though).

BTW the hit window isn't defaulted to tightest, that just happens because you were probably using your beta2 fofix.ini.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Thu Sep 03, 2009 9:23 pm

raphaelr wrote:It's the Rock Band 2 theme. And the stage was probably edited with video editing software.

Man, that's the shaders...

BTW, the cache hasn't been fixed yet? I don't like the game move to the root setlist back whenever I finished a song in subfolder.
SPK

Postby SPK » Thu Sep 03, 2009 10:24 pm

I have a problem whith ALBUM.PNG in all songs, doesn´t work, only appears the default albun cover (rock band in this case, RB2 theme), I try deleting the fofix.cahe en all songs folders, rescaning the songs, and the same problem appears.
The cache metadata en options is enabled, I have the latest fofix SVN (py2.4) and the last RB2 SVN theme.
In the Fofix 3.120 RC1 (py2.6) have the same problem too.

Sorry my english.

THX in advance
Simograndi

Postby Simograndi » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:19 am

The album art is a known issue, should be fixed soon before next release. :wink:

EDIT: latest SVN seems to fix that, BTW be sure that your "Song" folder is into "data", otherwise there could be some problems...
Last edited by Simograndi on Sat Sep 05, 2009 10:42 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Sorrow
Figure

Postby Figure » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:40 am

Hi! I have downloaded the RC1 with Python 2.6, I deleted the POWRPROF.dll, but when I start the game...there´s only black screen, the game reacts as for the sounds as for the navigation, but there is still black screen. I´ve been using FoFiX in Python 2.6 for a while via SVN...help?
Proxon

Postby Proxon » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:42 am

Figure wrote:Hi! I have downloaded the RC1 with Python 2.6, I deleted the POWRPROF.dll, but when I start the game...there´s only black screen, the game reacts as for the sounds as for the navigation, but there is still black screen. I´ve been using FoFiX in Python 2.6 for a while via SVN...help?

I have same problem :sad:
Ultimetalhead

Postby Ultimetalhead » Fri Sep 04, 2009 2:38 pm

What happened to the 3.100 installer package for Windows? All I'm seeing is the archive.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Sep 04, 2009 3:19 pm

Ultimetalhead wrote:What happened to the 3.100 installer package for Windows? All I'm seeing is the archive.

Do you really need it? It's pretty easy to drop the files in C:\Program Files\ FoFiX(you have to make this folder), or just on your desktop or My Documents file.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

KillerQ

Postby KillerQ » Fri Sep 04, 2009 5:04 pm

All Developers and contributors....

Just wanna say THANK YOU for all of your hard work on this awesome program! It's, as you know, unbelievably fun!

Thanks,

Matt!
I'm happy with my Ion Rocker kit and Roland KD-8 double bass kick trigger!
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 2:40 am

Ultimetalhead wrote:What happened to the 3.100 installer package for Windows? All I'm seeing is the archive.

We never made 3.100 installer for Windows, I guess? Or its just isn't posted at the GC site.

---- EDIT ----

YAY! Cache problem fixed. :2thumbsup: Thank you!
Ultimetalhead

Postby Ultimetalhead » Sat Sep 05, 2009 11:02 am

It existed at the GC site, but it doesn't anymore. Anyone have it?
azoschke

Postby azoschke » Sat Sep 05, 2009 4:58 pm

Hey guys,

I've searched for an answer to this problem and can't seem to find one:

This started (I think) after installing beta 2 and is still present in RC 1. My setlist scrolling is really slow. Like one song per second when I'm holding down the strum bar. However, when I scroll back up through the songs I've scrolled through, it scrolls as normal. So for example, if I let it scroll super slow through two tiers, I can then scroll through those two tiers as fast as usual, but if I go to a 3rd tier, it will slow down for that tier. Any ideas?

Also, I was wondering what song caching is and if it has anything to do with my problem.

Thank you for any help you can give.
Dared00

Postby Dared00 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 5:05 pm

azoschke wrote:Also, I was wondering what song caching is and if it has anything to do with my problem.

FoFiX saves information about your songs in cache files. When you start it for the first time, the .fofix-cache file is being made for every folder with your songs. After that, the song information and list is loaded from cache and not from .inis.

I think the song caching in RC1 is not working, and every time you scroll your list, the song data is "reloading".

Whoa, this is my longest English language post ever. ;)
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Sep 05, 2009 6:35 pm

azoschke wrote:Hey guys,

This started (I think) after installing beta 2 and is still present in RC 1. My setlist scrolling is really slow. Like one song per second when I'm holding down the strum bar. However, when I scroll back up through the songs I've scrolled through, it scrolls as normal. So for example, if I let it scroll super slow through two tiers, I can then scroll through those two tiers as fast as usual, but if I go to a 3rd tier, it will slow down for that tier. Any ideas?

It's because it's loading any album art for the song you are selecting. You can scroll back quickly because the art is already loaded then :wink:
There is a setting somewhere for preloading album art I think. With that enabled your setlist will take a little more time to load, but you won't get the scrolling lag

---- EDIT ----

Found a crash bug while playing Shackler's (Guns 'n' Roses, RB2) on drums. I'm yet to test if I can replicate the issue, but here's a log in the meantime:

Code: Select all

(E) Loading error: Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "G:\FoFiX\src\GameEngine.py", line 1020, in main
    done = Engine.run(self)
  File "G:\FoFiX\src\Engine.py", line 136, in run
    self._runTask(task, tick)
  File "G:\FoFiX\src\Engine.py", line 124, in _runTask
    task.run(ticks)
  File "G:\FoFiX\src\GuitarScene.py", line 4602, in run
    if pos >= (self.nextMidiLyricStartTime-self.lineByLineStartSlopMs):
TypeError: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'NoneType' and 'int'

(E) TypeError, <type 'exceptions.TypeError'>: unsupported operand type(s) for -: 'NoneType' and 'int'Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "G:\FoFiX\src\GameEngine.py", line 1047, in run
    return self.mainloop()
    done = Engine.run(self)
    task.run(ticks)

(D) View: Pop all
(D) View: Pop: GuitarSceneClient
(D) Disconnecting.
(N) Connection lost.
(D) View: Push: MessageScreen
(E) Loading error: Traceback (most recent call last):
    done = Engine.run(self)
    task.run(ticks)

More details to follow.

EDIT: Shakler's revenge, all instruments, single line lyric mode. 2 Line works fine.
Also, simple lyric mode is showing lyricsheet2.png instead of lyricsheet.png
azoschke

Postby azoschke » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:10 pm

Dared00 wrote:
azoschke wrote:Also, I was wondering what song caching is and if it has anything to do with my problem.

FoFiX saves information about your songs in cache files. When you start it for the first time, the .fofix-cache file is being made for every folder with your songs. After that, the song information and list is loaded from cache and not from .inis.

death_au wrote:
azoschke wrote:Hey guys,

It's because it's loading any album art for the song you are selecting. You can scroll back quickly because the art is already loaded then :wink:
There is a setting somewhere for preloading album art I think. With that enabled your setlist will take a little more time to load, but you won't get the scrolling lag

Thanks for the info, I think that fixed it!

Return to “FoFiX”