FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: FoFiX v3.1xx development thread

Postby death_au » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:42 pm

I have still have that problem with compiling 2.4 sources too. 2.6 sources compile fine.
I'm going to hazard a guess with no regards to testing or anything... Does FoFiX need to use ctypes when running 2.4? I never had that, and I know there was some talk of it a while back, and it's included with 2.6 afik. Just a random stab in the dark though.

---- EDIT ----

akedrou wrote:As for your error, you should note there needs to be a defined Theme.ini for the key - careerpausetext6 = x, y, scale, vspace - in order for it to work properly.

Ah, right. I should make a note of this in the ThemeUsableImages wiki page.
I'll do that later today.
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:43 pm

death_au wrote:I have still have that problem with compiling 2.4 sources too. 2.6 sources compile fine.
I'm going to hazard a guess with no regards to testing or anything... Does FoFiX need to use ctypes when running 2.4? I never had that, and I know there was some talk of it a while back, and it's included with 2.6 afik. Just a random stab in the dark though.

The talk of ctypes was because pyOpenGL 3 depends on it, not because FoFiX itself does.

Since we use pyOpenGL 2 with 2.4, ctypes is a non-issue.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:44 pm

jstump91 wrote:The talk of ctypes was because pyOpenGL 3 depends on it, not because FoFiX itself does.

Since we use pyOpenGL 2 with 2.4, ctypes is a non-issue.

Fair enough. I'm clueless then.
space warrior
akedrou

Postby akedrou » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:37 pm

BlackJack wrote:
CappY wrote:How to add Cyrillic support in FoFiX v.3.100 ? :)

Note to developers : this reminds me of a silly "bug" related to foreign languages that I believe hasn't been fixed yet : for languages where stuff is written from right to left, every character will be displayed from right to left... including scores and whatnot! :woot:

In the future, when you find an issue that is not on the list - definitely feel free to report it yourself! It's open, and helps us catch things we can sometimes miss in the mess. For this one though, FoFiX issue 620
FoFiX dev | Troublemaker | Malcontent
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Mar 08, 2009 8:51 pm

@Death_au
The stuff about the careerpaused in the theme wiki has already been added to the wiki. If i was understanding that correctly.

@MFH, Akedrou, QStick
This is something i noticed when making new glowing tails, notice by looking at the image (2 different colors is only being used to show it better.) that using the same images we've been using since originally made, it looks like the tail end is overlapping the tail image. If you can think of any other reasons that would cause this (certain image size needed as the cause or something.) and you want me too, let me know which lines control the tail position and i will volunteer to tweak the numbers and fix this so they are matched properly. I tried a difference sized (in height) tail end image, but it still did overlapped.
Last edited by worldrave on Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
...the pain
myfingershurt

Postby myfingershurt » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:01 pm

worldrave wrote:@Death_au
The stuff about the careerpaused in the theme wiki has already been added to the wiki. If i was understanding that correctly.

@MFH, Akedrou, QStick
This is something i noticed when making new glowing tails, notice by looking at the image (2 different colors is only being used to show it better.) that using the same images we've been using since originally made, it looks like the tail end is overlapping the tail image. If you can think of any other reasons that would cause this (certain image size needed as the cause or something.) and you want me too, let me know which lines control the tail position and i will volunteer to tweak the numbers and fix this so they are matched properly. I tried a difference sized (in height) tail end image, but it still did overlapped.

hmm, the connecting of the tail to the tail end can be tweaked in Guitar.py in RenderTail - not sure exactly where, it's been awhile since I looked at that code. That should be the general vicinity though.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Mar 08, 2009 9:07 pm

Cool, i'll take a look and try to take care of that. Thanks brotha man!!
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:24 pm

Yeah, I added that they existed, but I was referring to the fact that I probably need to add the fact that the theme.ini settings for them need to be included at risk of crash.

EDIT: Also, the google code wiki says it can be updated by svn... Does anyone have any idea how to do that?
FoFiX Dev/Mod Squad
jstump91

Postby jstump91 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 10:48 pm

death_au wrote:

Yeah, I added that they existed, but I was referring to the fact that I probably need to add the fact that the theme.ini settings for them need to be included at risk of crash.

EDIT: Also, the google code wiki says it can be updated by svn... Does anyone have any idea how to do that?

From the checkout URL, replace /MFH-Mod and everything after it with /wiki, then check the resulting URL out. I don't edit the wiki that way, but I have a working copy for packaging purposes.
jstump91, a.k.a. john.stumpo, a.k.a. stump
jstump.com | stump's blog | FoFiX development | My own code
Can't find a Windows build of the Python module you need? Try my mediafire!
Don't say "Python can't do [insert task here]." Python can do anything with the right modules - said modules may just not have been written yet.
"Python - why settle for snake oil when you can have the whole snake?" --Mark Jackson
Did you search before you posted? Did you read the rules for the subforum you are posting in?
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Mar 09, 2009 2:13 am

Here's something i found that freezes up FoF, funny it only does it with GH3 collection of songs. RB1/RB2/GH1/GH2/GHA/GH80, doesn't happen with. But it locks up. Below is the error code. I was talking with QStick and he helped figure out what to try and it worked. It's a problem with the Setlist Sort order functionality. So far i have only tried "Song Collection" and "Difficulty" and they both freeze up when going into the GH3 songlist. "Title" is working fine with no crashes.

Spoiler:(E) Loading error:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "E:\FoFiX\src\GameEngine.py", line 964, in main
done = Engine.run(self)
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Engine.py", line 132, in run
self._runTask(task)
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Engine.py", line 123, in _runTask
task.run(ticks)
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Input.py", line 326, in run
if not self.broadcastEvent(self.priorityKeyListeners, "keyPressed", event.key, event.unicode):
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Input.py", line 258, in broadcastEvent
if getattr(l, function)(*args):
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Dialogs.py", line 1210, in keyPressed
self.loadCollection()
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Dialogs.py", line 928, in loadCollection
self.engine.resource.load(self, "libraries", lambda: Song.getAvailableLibraries(self.engine, self.library), onLoad = self.libraryListLoaded, synch = True)
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Resource.py", line 243, in load
return l.finish()
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Resource.py", line 130, in finish
self.onLoad(self.result)
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Dialogs.py", line 937, in libraryListLoaded
self.engine.resource.load(self, "songs", lambda: Song.getAvailableSongsAndTitles(self.engine, self.library, progressCallback=self.progressCallback), onLoad = self.songListLoaded, synch = True) # evilynux - Less BlackSOD[?]
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Resource.py", line 243, in load
return l.finish()
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Resource.py", line 112, in load
self.result = self.function()
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Dialogs.py", line 937, in <lambda>
self.engine.resource.load(self, "songs", lambda: Song.getAvailableSongsAndTitles(self.engine, self.library, progressCallback=self.progressCallback), onLoad = self.songListLoaded, synch = True) # evilynux - Less BlackSOD[?]
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Song.py", line 3963, in getAvailableSongsAndTitles
items.sort(lambda a, b: compareSongsAndTitles(engine, a, b))
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Song.py", line 3963, in <lambda>
items.sort(lambda a, b: compareSongsAndTitles(engine, a, b))
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Song.py", line 4164, in compareSongsAndTitles
return cmp(theInstrumentDiff(a), theInstrumentDiff(b))
File "E:\FoFiX\src\Song.py", line 111, in <lambda>
0 : (lambda a: a.diffGuitar),
AttributeError: 'BlankSpaceInfo' object has no attribute 'diffGuitar'

Hopefully it might come to some good use to help resolve. I was told to mention it in case.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:10 am

blazingamer wrote:Hmm, whenever I compile I get that precisions error still. Oh well, I'm fine just running from source, but I'd like a solution to it at least.

I think you didn't set your path to the Python directory correctly. 2.6 or 2.4?
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Mar 09, 2009 4:36 am

acrox999 wrote:
blazingamer wrote:Hmm, whenever I compile I get that precisions error still. Oh well, I'm fine just running from source, but I'd like a solution to it at least.

I think you didn't set your path to the Python directory correctly. 2.6 or 2.4?

It seems to be the same error as mine, and I only get the error on 2.4. On 2.6 it compiles fine.
...Actually, it compiles fine on 2.4 as well, it just when it's run after being compiled from 2.4 that it has the error. And I know the path is set correctly, because if it wasn't it wouldn't compile at all with my setup...
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

For those about to code...

Postby BlackJack » Mon Mar 09, 2009 10:47 am

akedrou wrote:In the future, when you find an issue that is not on the list - definitely feel free to report it yourself! It's open, and helps us catch things we can sometimes miss in the mess. For this one though, FoFiX issue 620

I usually do, but this one was discovered before we relied on this beautiful place that is Google Code... and though MFH and I had already posted there most of my previous bug reports, we apparently did skip this one* (thankfully, CappY's question reminded me of it).

Mea Culpa, though, I should have opened an issue on Google Code at once; thank you for adding it yourself. Next time I'll try not to take away from your developing time, I promise. :wink:

As an apologize, here's an update to my French translation for v3.100. Mostly fixes a few typos (remember, kids : listening to TV while translating is bad. Don't try this at home!).

On another note, I've also updated the information about Issue #20 (tail-related bugs).
I also had a glitch on "AC/DC - Shoot To Thrill" (from the AC-DC Live - Rock Band Track Pack) during the BRE, where a red tail appeared under the red lane, at the end of the BRE, but I don't know if it's connected (and moreover, haven't tried to reproduce it yet :blush: ).

//edit : http://code.google.com/p/fofix/issues/detail?id=85
Last edited by BlackJack on Tue Mar 10, 2009 5:19 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.
fasteddy

Postby fasteddy » Mon Mar 09, 2009 11:07 am

If I try and run

Code: Select all

python2.4 ~/FoFix-SVN/src/FretsOnFire.py
, I'll get the following error:

[Errno 2] No such file or directory: '../data/themes'

However, I first cd to the src directory and then run

python2.4 FretsOnFire.py
it works just fine.

Question (I don't have much experience w/ python): is this a weakness of all python programs (i.e. they must be executed from within the source directory) or is it something about the way FoFix is coded?

At the end of the day, it's a minor inconvenience (it just means that instead of running the SVN version from the desktop launcher directly, I have to point my launcher to a script). This is really more for my edification.
AnacondaPL

Postby AnacondaPL » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:04 pm

This mod is great etc. But I don't know how to use Big Rock Endings. Option is enabled but I can't see anything when I'm playing... Do I need special songs with part specially made for it?

Return to “FoFiX”