Guitar Hero: World Tour Theme [Updated: 4/3/09]

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
I forget. LETS ROCK!
jfosheezy

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour Theme [Updated: 4/3/09]

Postby jfosheezy » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:36 pm

i do
im going to finish my god of war theme then do gh80s and then this.
btw i am going to do alot better at it than last time
ImageImage
timfromme

Postby timfromme » Fri Jan 15, 2010 3:29 am

Hi,
I was wondering bout starpower in GHWT. Where are the starpower star gems when u have starpower activated??? In otherwords, you have starpower activated and at the right time, starpower star gems would come down the fret board and if you strum them all, your starpower would be extended. Works fine in the rockband themes. WTF? is it a limitation still in FoFix? I played GHWT on PS2 and it showed the bright light blue star gems to strum to extend starpower. GHIII didn't do this. Started with World Tour. Any ideas? Will post a screenshot if you need a better explanation.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:08 am

timfromme wrote:Hi,
I was wondering bout starpower in GHWT. Where are the starpower star gems when u have starpower activated??? In otherwords, you have starpower activated and at the right time, starpower star gems would come down the fret board and if you strum them all, your starpower would be extended. Works fine in the rockband themes. WTF? is it a limitation still in FoFix? I played GHWT on PS2 and it showed the bright light blue star gems to strum to extend starpower. GHIII didn't do this. Started with World Tour. Any ideas? Will post a screenshot if you need a better explanation.

Go to Options>Gameplay> and set "SP Refill" to always.

The maker(s) of this theme must have forgot to make that the theme's default option so when you set it to "by theme" it does that.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Jan 15, 2010 4:35 am

Ambiguity wrote:Go to Options>Gameplay> and set "SP Refill" to always.

The maker(s) of this theme must have forgot to make that the theme's default option so when you set it to "by theme" it does that.

That particular "by theme" setting is one of those that checks if it's an RB- or GH-based theme, not something you can actually change yourself. And since the WT theme is GH-based, it takes GH1-3's stance on sp refill when set to "by theme".
Fortunately, the plan for FoFiX 4.0 is to get rid of those "theme types", which should help
GH: Skillet
tlg1793

Postby tlg1793 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:09 am

I noticed they removed the ability to change the setlist type in game. Which is now a check set in the theme. Isn't that taking away the ability to change the setlist type in game making it "theme" based?

Just a question.

Thanks

Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:18 am

It has to be changed from the theme.ini.
timfromme

Postby timfromme » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:18 am

Ambiguity wrote:
Go to Options>Gameplay> and set "SP Refill" to always.

Hi,
Yes, its set for that, I will try to find a screen shot of what I mean when there are no star gems when u already have starpower activated to make starpower last longer. There are no bright light blue stars coming down the fret board to strum on. GH, GH2, GH3 didn't do this, until GHWT came out. This is missing from this theme. Would like to know if someone can add the missing star gems into this theme?
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:30 am

Dude, that feature is made for RB themes. GH themes can't use the RB style note sheets, so its impossible in the meantime. You can get the SP, but the normal notes will come out instead.
timfromme

Postby timfromme » Fri Jan 15, 2010 11:59 am

Spoiler:Image

Picture of what I mean.
Dude, that feature is made for RB themes. GH themes can't use the RB style note sheets, so its impossible in the meantime. You can get the SP, but the normal notes will come out instead.

Will this feature be fixed in future FoFix revisions? GHWT and GH5 uses this feature.
Last edited by death_au on Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:14 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: spoiler'd massive image
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Fri Jan 15, 2010 12:17 pm

You should make an issue at the tracker site.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Fri Jan 15, 2010 6:14 pm

Did no one notice this?
death_au wrote:That particular "by theme" setting is one of those that checks if it's an RB- or GH-based theme, not something you can actually change yourself. And since the WT theme is GH-based, it takes GH1-3's stance on sp refill when set to "by theme".
Fortunately, the plan for FoFiX 4.0 is to get rid of those "theme types", which should help

In summary, if set to "by theme" you won't get sp notes during sp on GH-based themes.
For WT and above, this is incorrect behaviour, yes, but gameplay rules should probably not be governed by themes anyway. This is in the works for FoFiX 4.0
What if you like how RB does things, but prefer a GH-based theme? Or Vice Versa?
tlg1793 wrote:I noticed they removed the ability to change the setlist type in game. Which is now a check set in the theme. Isn't that taking away the ability to change the setlist type in game making it "theme" based?

Just a question.

Thanks
That does seem kinda contrary to what I've been saying, but it's actually not. The setlist type is something visual, it doesn't affect the gameplay itself. Themers should have control over what the theme looks like (including setlist) but it's up to each individual user which gameplay rules they're most comfortable with (including SP refill during SP).
That's my opinion on the matter, anyway.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Jan 15, 2010 9:56 pm

death_au wrote:That particular "by theme" setting is one of those that checks if it's an RB- or GH-based theme, not something you can actually change yourself. And since the WT theme is GH-based, it takes GH1-3's stance on sp refill when set to "by theme".

Oh really? My bad, shouldn't SP Refill on "always" fix it so that it can have the desired effect(as timfromme wanted)?

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

timfromme

Postby timfromme » Sat Jan 16, 2010 2:48 pm

Yes, my SP refill is on "always" to get extended starpower while starpower is activated, just no star notes to strum on during starpower as shown in my spolier pic previous post. Glad to know FoFix is working on not being theme restricted. Mix and match Rockband with Guitar Hero? I was wondering why theme developers are waiting on 4.0 release. So everything will change in FoFix by the 4.0 release compared to 3.121 we have now?
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Jan 17, 2010 10:49 am

timfromme wrote: So everything will change in FoFix by the 4.0 release compared to 3.121 we have now?

Yeah, from what I understand it's going to be a big overhaul from the theme making system we have now. It's going to give us a lot more control over what we can and can't do with themes.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

HEAVY METAL NEKO BOY
khcat

Postby khcat » Tue Jan 19, 2010 6:25 pm

i know this may be off topic, but what should i change in the theme ini to make the dots right next to the highway instead of floating off of it? im making a theme and i can't seem to fix the bug, my theme is here: viewtopic.php?f=17&t=44106

Return to “FoFiX”