Guitar Hero: World Tour Theme [Updated: 4/3/09]

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
max_rodolfo

Re: Guitar Hero: World Tour Theme [Updated: 4/3/09]

Postby max_rodolfo » Mon Oct 12, 2009 6:12 pm

can you post that notes? please..
drihscol

Postby drihscol » Mon Oct 12, 2009 8:30 pm

okay.
i will tell you what i will do.
i will post these as 3d note textures.
therefore you will get 2d non warped notes.
perfectionismftw.
https://chrome.google.com/extensions/detail/bajnmkinaopofbfaopenlfooloknfjlf?hl=en-US

Spoiler:Bands I like

Pink Floyd
Dream Theater
Rush
Radiohead
The Pixies
The Doors
Elo
Ok Go
Jethro Tull
The Beatles
Pearl Jam
Alice In Chains

CamBo_KriPsTAh

Postby CamBo_KriPsTAh » Sat Dec 12, 2009 11:51 pm

works better than any other GH mods. the best EVER! thanks!
I LIKE GALAXIES!!!
luisin612

Postby luisin612 » Sun Dec 13, 2009 6:39 pm

which is the code for activating the intro fretboard animation? (in the theme.ini)
Uh huhuhuhuhuhuh!
crushedsoul1298

Postby crushedsoul1298 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:54 pm

i dont think thats in the .ini being that its in every theme...
Bite me.
I LIKE GALAXIES!!!
luisin612

Postby luisin612 » Mon Dec 14, 2009 3:58 pm

Ok, but how do i enable it?

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:41 pm

It can't be enabled on World Tour based themes.
The original reasoning is that the dots on the side of the fretboard only work on a fixed POV (if you were to adjust the POV they'd look odd). A side effect of creating a fixed POV in code means that the neck won't zoom in, because the neck can't move.

Seeing as though the theme system will be revamped before 4.0.0 and theme types will be removed, I think this "issue" will be fixed, and it will be up to the themer what to do with that animation.
I LIKE GALAXIES!!!
luisin612

Postby luisin612 » Fri Dec 18, 2009 6:49 pm

and if i change the dots, how would i enable it

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Fri Dec 18, 2009 10:15 pm

I think you have to take out the part that says "rmtype = 3".

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Waiting for BH Theme
vitor180396

Postby vitor180396 » Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:49 pm

you can update your version of SVN that is very old
please to version 4.0.0 of Fofix
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:12 pm

vitor180396 wrote:you can update your version of SVN that is very old
please to version 4.0.0 of Fofix

Unless your getting codes added for your theme specifically by the devs(like worldrave's GH5 theme), there is really no reason to start making your theme 4.0 ready until there is a stable version(or at least semi stable like beta releases) because the code is going to break way too often. I mean that can't stop you from trying if you really want to, but you'd kind of be working against yourself.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:27 pm

*for the record* Stuff is not being specifically added for my GH5. A LOT of stuff is being done in general with the theme stuff to allow people tons more flexibility to do whatever they want. I just have a better understanding when stuff does get done, and quickly adjust for those changes. (or make use of those new changes.)
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:32 am

worldrave wrote:*for the record* Stuff is not being specifically added for my GH5. A LOT of stuff is being done in general with the theme stuff to allow people tons more flexibility to do whatever they want. I just have a better understanding when stuff does get done, and quickly adjust for those changes. (or make use of those new changes.)

Ah, well I just remember one of the devs saying one time that they added codes for K.i.D.(from my understanding of the context it was specifically so his RB2 theme would work right). I also remember someone(death_au I think) saying that only a "few"(because of your GH3 and K.i.D's RB2 theme being used as a base I figured he meant you two) themers here should be preparing for FoFiX 4.0 right now.

So with that in mind I kind of assumed it was still the same, plus any of us can ask for things like that in the issues page of FoFiX Google Code so I figured they'd ask you what you need it(4.0) to do.

I guess that's why they say not to assume haha....

worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Jan 06, 2010 7:53 pm

Naw, your cool. Basically they are changing everything and removing all theme based stuff, and making it so the theme maker has control over doing things instead. So a theme maker can have control over what they all want on the screen, and what it does (to some degree of course.), and where they want it to appear. Which is great news for this theme as well as GH5, since GH:WT sort of previously had a few certain things done that were different then the other main default ones. But with the beginning of the FoFiX 4.0.0 stuff already done even, a number of things can be properly done with this now relating the in game stuff. And more so, making GH5 even possible, since GH5 layout is a lot different then all other GH based games. Which almost everything has been done already, and was a pain in the arse BIG TIME!!!
But this is good news for all the theme's. But more to this topic, things like the fret angle can be tweaked now if needed since we have control over where the lights are in GH:WT, and can also properly shift and move the bulbs around to where they should be, and anything else not quite right.
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Fri Jan 08, 2010 9:31 pm

Just out of the blue...

This theme is really great, (or WAS) but it seems updates for it have faded away long ago. Does anyone have any plans to restore this theme?
Can we get this forum going again?

Return to “FoFiX”