--== Rock Band 2 : RBF - Revision 90..by [K.i.D]™ --==

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 months and 4 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.

Honestly, do you like this theme and the way the post is organised?

It's the best theme & post ever!
53%
The theme is perfect!
29%
It's ok..
11%
It's stupid!
1%
It sucks bad, so i don't even play it anymore.
1%
The theme is great but i don't like the post.
4%
The theme sucks but the post is well organised.
1%

Total votes: 3469
delude

Re: Rock Band 2 : Continues..[1.6.5] Revision 76..by [K.i.D]™

Postby delude » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:12 am

amich45 wrote:Rev 84

Replace Theme.ini with this:

Spoiler:

Code: Select all

[theme]
menu_x = .426
menu_y = .55
main_menu_scale = .505
main_menu_vspacing = 0.037

opt_text_x = .25     
opt_text_y = .19
song_list_x = .12
song_listscore_x = .8
sub_menu_x = .25   
sub_menu_y = .19

fretK_color = #000000
obar_hscale = 0.97
obar_3dfill = True
result_song_form = 3

#control check
control_activate_x = .645
control_activate_y = .18
control_activate_select_x = .5
control_activate_part_x = .41
control_activate_scale = .0018
control_activate_space = .045
control_activate_part_size = 22.000
control_activate_font = loadingFont
control_description_x = .5
control_description_y = .617
control_description_scale = .002
control_description_font = font
control_check_x = .16
control_check_y = .26
control_check_text_y = .61
control_check_part_mult = 2.8
control_check_space = .23
control_check_font = loadingFont

#lobby
lobby_preview_x = 0.7
lobby_title_x = 0.4
lobby_title_y = 0.6
lobby_title_character_x = 0.26
lobby_title_character_y = 0.24
lobby_title_scale = 0.0024
lobby_title_font = font
lobby_select_x = 0.4
lobby_select_y = 0.32
lobby_select_image_x = 0.255
lobby_select_image_y = 0.335
lobby_select_scale = 0.0018
lobby_select_space = 0.04
lobby_select_font = loadingFont
character_create_x = 0.25
character_create_y = 0.15
character_create_option_x = .75
character_create_help_y = .5
character_create_help_x = .5
character_create_help_scale = .5
character_create_scale = .0018
character_create_space = .045

#avatars

#loading
loading_right_margin = 1.0
loading_font_scale = .0015
loading_X = .5
loading_Y = .35
loading_line_spacinge = 1.0
loading_text_color = #FFFFFF
shadowoffsetx = .0022
shadowoffsety = .0005

#fail menu
fail_songname_x = .5
fail_songname_y = .365
fail_text_y = .45
fail_text_x = .53

song_listcd_cd_x = .78   
song_listcd_cd_y =.615
song_listcd_score_x =.60
song_listcd_score_y =.515
song_listcd_list_x =.1
song_rb2_name_color = #fafafa
song_rb2_name_selected_color = #000000
song_rb2_diff_color = #000000
song_rb2_artist_color = #a6a5a5
songlistcd_score_color = #000000

song_select_submenu_x = .195
song_select_submenu_y = .085
song_select_submenu_offset_lines = 2
song_select_submenu_offset_spaces = 21

career_title_color = #FFFFFF
opt_text_color = #FFFFFF
opt_selected_color = #FFBF00
song_name_text_color = #FFFFFF
song_name_selected_color = #FFBF00
artist_text_color = #4080FF
artist_selected_color = #4080FF
library_text_color = #FFFFFF
library_selected_color = #FFBF00

pause_text_color = #FFFFFF
pause_selected_color = #FFBF00
fail_text_color = #FFFFFF
fail_selected_color = #FFBF00

display_all_grey_stars = false
song_list_display = 3

menu_neck_choose_x = .1
menu_neck_choose_y = .55

#score
result_score = .425,.144,0.00085

#stars
result_star = .71,.755,0.075,1.0

#song
result_song = .5,.045,.0047
result_song_text = %s

#icon
result_stats_part = .455,.47,0.3
result_stats_part_text = $icon$

#name
result_stats_name = .5,.3,0.002

#Notes, Difficulty, And Percent
result_stats_notes = .565,.352,0.002
result_stats_notes_text = %s

result_stats_diff = .565,.384,0.002
result_stats_diff_text = %s

result_stats_accuracy = .565,.416,0.002,#c5c606
result_stats_accuracy_text = %.1f%%

result_stats_streak = .5,.448,0.002,#c5c606
result_stats_streak_text = %d NOTE STREAK

#cheating text
result_cheats_info = .5,.57,.002
result_cheats_numbers = .44,.61,.002
result_cheats_percent = .5,.65,.002
result_cheats_score = .43,.7,.002
result_cheats_color = #FFFFFF

#result screen menu [Continue, Retry, Quit]
result_menu_x = .1
result_menu_y = .565

small_1x_mult = False

pause_text_x = .37
pause_text_y = .275

pov_target_x = 0.0
pov_target_y = 0.5
pov_target_z = 2.35
pov_origin_x = 0.0
pov_origin_y = 3.4
pov_origin_z = -2.85

star_fillup_center_x = 139
star_fillup_center_y = 151
star_fillup_in_radius = 105
star_fillup_out_radius = 139
star_fillup_color = #FFF25E

solotext2 = .517, .53, .6 , .079

multiplayertext6 = .415, .54, .85 , .045
settingstext9 = .493, .75, .5 , .07
advsettingstext10 = .493, .75, .5 , .07
failtext3 = .65, .45, .45, .065
careerfailtext4 = .65, .45, .45, .065

loading_X = .5
loading_Y = .35
rbmenu = true

loading_phrase = Check out the Tutorials to learn the basics and improve your technique._Energy Phrases continue to appear once you go into Overdrive. Hit them to earn while you burn, and stay in Overdrive longer._If you see a series of glowing white notes, hit it perfectly to gain Energy._Looking for a real challenge? Try singing and playing an instrument at the same time by using a mic stand!_Play flawlessly to get a score multiplier going. The longer you hold a streak, the higher your multiplier will get._Some musicians who would have to select "Lefty Mode" from the pause menu: Kurt Cobain, Jimi Hendrix, Paul McCartney, and Tony Iommi._Some TV and home theater setups can create a delay between what you see and what you hear. If the gameplay seems out of sync, select an Autoset from the Performance Menu to fix the lag._Stuck on a song? Try it in Practice Mode._The louder the better!_Visit the Tutorials to learn how going into Overdrive can score you tons of points, slay the crowd, and even save your life._Go into Overdrive to get a band-wide score multiplier going! Do it all at the same time for a really huge score bonus!_If your bandmate fails out in the middle of a song, go into Overdrive to save them!_On a Fender  Stratocaster  Guitar Controller you can "finger tap" through solos on the high frets near the guitar body - no strumming required!_You can buy a real guitar for pretty cheap - maybe it's time to invest._You can hold down the fret buttons in anticipation of upcoming notes.

I replaced the theme.ini file with the above but now on the main menu 'Quit' seems to be spaced wrong and overlaps the line at the bottom of the screen.
amich45

Postby amich45 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:58 am

Thats strange. I had some major problems with it, but when I replaced the Theme.ini it started working fine. I would assume it would have to be a problem with Theme.ini. I'll upload mine.

Try this one.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahg45e9/n/theme_rar
delude

Postby delude » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:04 am

amich45 wrote:Thats strange. I had some major problems with it, but when I replaced the Theme.ini it started working fine. I would assume it would have to be a problem with Theme.ini. I'll upload mine.

Try this one.
http://www.filefactory.com/file/ahg45e9/n/theme_rar

Thanks so much, I'm downloading it now :)

EDIT: It's still the same :(

I haven't noticed any differences since upgrading from rev80 to rev84 with the new theme.ini other than the quit being lower. The points font still doesn't match the theme, neither does the count down at the beginning. Rev84 seems a bit slower as well, the black screen lasts longer when the game boots.

This is my menu screen now:

Spoiler:Image

Is there any way to fix the menu the score font, and also the points and note streak count in game so that they are aligned properly?
amich45

Postby amich45 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 5:20 pm

hmmm I dunno. Really sorry about that :(
delude

Re:

Postby delude » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:19 pm

amich45 wrote:hmmm I dunno. Really sorry about that :(

No worries. Out of interest, do you know what is updated in rev84?
amich45

Postby amich45 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:28 pm

A lot from 55 xD. Mostly screen stuff and text I think.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Thu Jul 30, 2009 6:51 pm

It was pretty good, but I liked it a lot better when I changed out a few minor things like the gems and multipliers with the ones from the FoFiX RockBand 1 theme that comes with it. Anyways overall very nice job ^_^.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:06 pm

delude wrote:This is my menu screen now:

Is there any way to fix the menu the score font, and also the points and note streak count in game so that they are aligned properly?

Why are you using FoFiX version 3.100 final? At June 29th a new beta 2 version has been released...just click here and download the latest version of FoFiX.

That should solve you're problem. Of course you have to be running the rev 84 of this theme...

Cya.

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
Have A Cigar
battery1992

Postby battery1992 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:34 pm

Typhus wrote:
delude wrote:This is my menu screen now:

Why are you using FoFiX version 3.100 final? At June 29th a new beta 2 version has been released...just click here and download the latest version of FoFiX.

That should solve you're problem. Of course you have to be running the rev 84 of this theme...

Cya.

I don't think that using 3.100 is the problem. That's the version i'm using with the latest revision and it looks fine.

I'm sorry if I make mistakes in my messages, i'm not a native english speaker.
amich45

Postby amich45 » Thu Jul 30, 2009 8:08 pm

I don't believe you would get everything out of the theme with FoFiX 3.1 but I wouldn't expect that to be the reason for it not to work. TBH I still have one part not lining up (Delete Controller Screen) so I might still have an incorrect .ini file somewhere. But if you have the same thing as me it should look the same as mine. Only difference is the FoFiX version.

I guess it couldn't hurt trying out 3.12, I doubt it will help, but its a better program anyway :2thumbsup:

I'll keep looking into this though. If I find something I'll let you know. My filefactory says 12 people downloaded this from me. Its strange that you are the only one who is at least reporting problems. Again I'll try to uncover something.
Metalmurphy

Postby Metalmurphy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 7:29 pm

Hey guys, sorry for asking this here, but is this picture:

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o388 ... -10-73.jpg

From the same theme as this one? The frets seem different when I'm playing (better imo, this one has the corners a bit bigger? Dunno can't explain it) and the energy bar is smaller. Is it like a previous version or another theme all together?

P.S. - I'm new here :P Played FoF ages ago and I'm trying catch up to all the new stuff.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:03 pm

Metalmurphy wrote:Hey guys, sorry for asking this here, but is this picture:

http://i341.photobucket.com/albums/o388 ... -10-73.jpg

From the same theme as this one? The frets seem different when I'm playing (better imo, this one has the corners a bit bigger? Dunno can't explain it) and the energy bar is smaller. Is it like a previous version or another theme all together?

P.S. - I'm new here :P Played FoF ages ago and I'm trying catch up to all the new stuff.

It looks like the Rockband 1 theme that comes with the full FoFiX download(with a changed out background). I agree about the notes(they look too cartoony to me somehow), you can do what I said I did here:

Spoiler:

It was pretty good, but I liked it a lot better when I changed out a few minor things like the gems and multipliers with the ones from the FoFiX RockBand 1 theme that comes with it. Anyways overall very nice job ^_^.

You can just change out the pictures of the gems of this theme with the other theme relatively easy(I would just make sure they are named the same thing when you drop them into the RB2 folder).

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Metalmurphy

Postby Metalmurphy » Sat Aug 01, 2009 8:14 pm

Ambiguity wrote:It looks like the Rockband 1 theme that comes with the full FoFiX download(with a changed out background). I agree about the notes(they look too cartoony to me somehow), you can do what I said I did here:

Spoiler:

You can just change out the pictures of the gems of this theme with the other theme relatively easy(I would just make sure they are named the same thing when you drop them into the RB2 folder).

Thanks for the info but, the FoFiX I just downloaded "FoFiX-3.100-Full-Win32" didn't come with a RB theme, only 2 MegaLight themes. Is there another place to download it other then http://code.google.com/p/fofix/downloads/list ?
delude

Postby delude » Sun Aug 02, 2009 2:12 pm

Thanks guys, I will download the Beta now. May I ask, what is the best way to update and keep all the songs etc? Is it just a case of manually copying and pasting?

EDIT: Well, I just copied and pasted the theme (rev 84) and songs and the menu looks the same still.
Bruut

Postby Bruut » Sun Aug 02, 2009 5:59 pm

delude wrote:Thanks guys, I will download the Beta now. May I ask, what is the best way to update and keep all the songs etc? Is it just a case of manually copying and pasting?

Best way to update would be SVN. Updating the theme will not affect any other folders (like songs). Here's a quick guide how (windows):

Spoiler:1. Download and install TortoiseSVN

2. Go to your "Fofix/data/themes/" folder ('Fofix' might be something else, depending on where you installed it) and create a folder named 'Rockband 2' (or whatever you like to call it).
If you already have such a folder with a version of this theme I suggest you delete that if you have the bandwith (I find that cleaner). If you're on dial up or anything just use the existing folder at step 3 and it might works also.

3. Right-click on that folder (in this case 'Rockband 2') and select "SVN Checkout"

4. Type or copy-paste this: http://svn.xp-dev.com/svn/kristijan_mkd_RockBand2Theme/ to where it says 'URL of repository'. Leave everything else as it is (fully recursive and HEAD revision ticked).

5. Press OK. It will now start downloading all the files in the repository so this may take a while (around 140mb).

6. You are now ready to play. You can check if a new revision is available by Right-clicking the 'Rockband 2' folder from step 2 and clicking "SVN Update". It will then compare the files in the repository with the files on your pc and update them if a newer version is available.

If you find SVN to be a good method of updating and you'd like some more songs, may I then take this oppertunity to direct you to this topic. Here you will find a SVN-repository containing all RB2 DLC's from after 12-23-08. Those are official Harmonix midi's synced with album mp3's. [end of commercial break]

delude wrote:EDIT: Well, I just copied and pasted the theme (rev 84) and songs and the menu looks the same still.

Maybe a stupid suggestion, but have you tried changing you screen resolution ingame to, say, 1152x864?
Last edited by Bruut on Sun Aug 02, 2009 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tormann71's Rockband 2 DLC Project

My own Crazy Dutch Music Song Thread Currently 1 song with all diff guitar and bass, as well as expert drum and lyrics.

Quick guides to SVN updating:
made for K.i.D's RB2 theme (but works with other repository's as well)[/size]

Return to “FoFiX”