gamexprt1 wrote:Nice lobby graphics dude!
But there's a few things:
- The controller background is smooshed screen (a 16:9 image resized to 4:3).
- There's a random background in the characters folder.
- And finally, something most people wont even notice, but I have to mention it. You have an odd screen resolution (1280 * 1024). Its not very uncommon, but the norm isn't 5:4. So I find myself spending a lot of time cropping the images to 4:3 so that they don't get smooshed... Not saying that you have to do anything here, just keep that in mind.
Again, sensational work Worldrave.
Cool, thanks for those.
- Controller BG (and most all) are also stretched in height within GH3 itself, so this isn't abnormal. As well as a small part of each side in addition are cropped a little bit. This is the only reason why this is done this way. If i were to do a 16x9 skin, it would be 1x1 as well as in GH3. But GH3 stretches as well. Remember, i am mocking as close as possible from using grabbed 4x3 screenshots from GH3 for all size and alignments. Not perfect everytime, but aiming at it.
- Fixed that image, i was messing around with some autoscaling stuff when looking at changing the code for the avatar. It's fixed in my SVN, until i am officially done adding the code to FoFiX, as soon as i get back to doing that.
- Huh? 1280x1024 is the most typically used resolution if not using a 16x9 LCD. I have a 23inch 16x9 and would prefer to use this formatted screen, but i don't think that's yet the standard with users here. But honestly i prefer to do that. Take a screenshot of the way i do IE the controller screen, then match it with mine, you will notice they look the same.
I'm not trying to sound defensive, just letting you know that the reasons for the screens and resolutions stuff are very much purposely done. I take unstretched 1280x1024 screenshots of GH3, then match them up with FoFiX at the same window sized 1280x1024 til they all match, as close to a T as possible. I proposed an issue a while ago to have some sort of list of 16x9 resolutions, and 4x3 and would properly handle background images, just like in GH3.