Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
gamexprt1

Re: Worldrave's GH3 Theme 3.0 -=[For MFH Mod 3.0 Rev.353+]=-

Postby gamexprt1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:36 pm

slantyr wrote:@gamexprt1, dude, was that necessary? -10 cool guy points :rolleyes:

Woah, I think you took everything wrong. I was excited for this mod because Worldrave does such excellent work.
You should really reconsider what you just said.

Graphic Request Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24983
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:53 pm

gamexprt1 wrote:Ooh, can't wait to get these new graphics to finally update my Sexy GHIII Mod.

this comment looked like you were lashing out. (being a smart a**), if you were sincere then please accept my appoligy. sometimes the way things are worded gives the wrong impression.
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:05 pm

slantyr wrote:
gamexprt1 wrote:Ooh, can't wait to get these new graphics to finally update my Sexy GHIII Mod.

this comment looked like you were lashing out. (being a smart a**), if you were sincere then please accept my appoligy. sometimes the way things are worded gives the wrong impression.

I don't see how... But I was not lashing out.

worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:17 pm

@Slantyr
Thanks for the support, but Gamexprt1 and I just had some PM's back and forth, rather nice ones and straightened out some things and some misunderstandings in the process, and got paid some really nice complements, and things are totally cool. I appreciate you backing me up though. I TOTALLY agree that people can get misinterpreted EASILY by something said at times. And that was a nice thought. I appreciate all complements received, you can never get enough really. It's always nice to be appreciated. And i hope things are going well for you. Thanks!!! That does mean a lot to me.

@Gamexprt1
It's cool, i know what you meant. It's all good in the hood. :wink: And again, So glad we had that long awaited talk, so true how people can sometimes come across the wrong way unintentionally without even knowing it.

@fasteddy & Death_Au
Thanks a lot for the compliments. Loved reading them, boosted my day a lot. Thanks. Good feedback is ALWAYS better then no feedback at all, which seemed the case lately before the past couple days that it. All the compliments read since i mentioned if anyone was interested lately anymore just shattered my doubts, and i will be back to releasing more frequent updates until this is 100%(only with coding WIP of course.)

@ALL
I am very active with reading the threads so you know, and that won't change. I get a lot of crap from friends sometimes when going out because once in a while i pull out my phone and read up on anything new with the latest, or at lunch hour daily, and usually here "OMG dude, let me guess, FoF!?!???", hey, i can't help my addiction, better and cheaper then other addictions out there, unless you get some free from time to time :drool: :thumbup: So anyway, i will be trying to go back to more smaller but frequent updates again. I will also try to finish up my GH:A release. I only have like 2 screens i think left til release, other stuff has been done, just not enough time to work on it a lot is the only reason it's still not out yet. Will be soon hopefully though.
RandyF1n3

Postby RandyF1n3 » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:28 pm

AWESOME MAN WELL WHEN THIS(http://code.google.com/p/fofix/issues/detail?id=89) FIX COMES OUT I BET YOU CAN DO A LOT MORE GRAPHIC CHANGES BUT OTHER THAN THAT KEEP UP YOU AMAZING SKILLS AT CREATING THIS MOD :2thumbsup:
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:35 pm

Yeah, that's for sure. I am waiting patiently for that one. Was one of the 1st 10 things on the list from day one actually. Got worded a little different and added again since then.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Wed Dec 03, 2008 9:22 pm

Well good to know you guys are cool... really :thumbup:

and it's good to know that you havent let this die

And man... how do you mak it to look like this

Mine just look all together... xD
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Dec 03, 2008 11:24 pm

It's a picture from the newest update. I will be releasing it in the near future. I am re-doing the main screen in HQ for the final time now that i have that $150 PS filter that really does wonders with letting me do upsizing with no visual defects or distortion. Just need to add the buttons and i'm done. It looks frickin great too. Final version on that screen, and in time as i re-do certain ones i will mention the final version of that image.

All done now. Here's a teaser. BTW- from today and on i will only be making main or major screens (only images that are coded auto-resizable of course) at 1280x1024 instead of before some images were at 842x6??. The ripped graphics of a lot of images are 1024x768. So i am not going to do anything anymore less then the original anymore now that i bought that new plugin that allows me to resize some of the puzzle graphics pieces to match. This will give me a bunch of new work to do, which in some ways are good to keep me busy again. I am at stage 3 with my mod, which is, to be no less then as PERFECT as possible from this moment on with the graphics now that i have no more limitations, and if you know me well, you know i mean business.

Previous main screen-

New HQ FINAL main screen-
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 5:39 pm

Holy ****, that plug-in is amazing!
What is its name?

worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:40 pm

Here's the link to the site where i bought it from. Honestly, it the most expensive plugin i have bought to date, but also the BEST valued one though, so it's worth every penny. I didn't get it for FoF obviously, but a lot of side projects i do, as well as side work that pays well. I tried the demo for barely 2 days before i was already sold on purchasing it. CHeck it out and you'll see why.

http://www.pixela.co.jp/en/products/plug_in/pixezoom/
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:43 pm

That's amazing! Too bad I don't have photoshop... :(

worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Dec 04, 2008 8:58 pm

I got PS4 by using the upgrade option from CS3. Was MUCH cheaper. I've heard Gimp is pretty good though. And Paint.NET isn't too shabby, it's the easiest to properly open texture files. I've used the photoshop plugin to open texture files, but if they have any transparency in them, they open all messed up. So i sometime's open them using Paint.NET. The easiest way is to just use DDSConvertor to mass convert the files, which is what i do.
jiiiiimmmy

Postby jiiiiimmmy » Thu Dec 04, 2008 9:14 pm

That new main menu screenshot is absolutely amazing!
I really respect you for everything you put into this theme.
I would use this theme a lot more if it weren't for a few things that haven't been coded into it yet...
But as soon as they do get coded this will be one of my main themes, because of how smooth it looks! =]

worldrave wrote:@ALL
I am very active with reading the threads so you know, and that won't change. I get a lot of crap from friends sometimes when going out because once in a while i pull out my phone and read up on anything new with the latest, or at lunch hour daily, and usually here "OMG dude, let me guess, FoF!?!???", hey, i can't help my addiction, better and cheaper then other addictions out there.

Man, I do the exact some thing! And my friends say the same thing to me all the time! haha
I'm not ashamed to be addicted to this game/forum! =D
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:19 pm

Of course i did redo the guide buttons, since i am using much higher resolutions now, it allowed me to use the bigger buttons i had but had to scale them previously due to the lower resolution of the older images. I only have to redo so many of the images from scratch now, since a good bit of the texture's are already pixel perfect direct images from the rips. (IE- ALL of the graphics in both meters as well as the necks are all 1:1 images.) Just some of the big full screen pictures, failed/pause screens, and keys need to be redone. Which isn't TOO bad for me, i consider it worth it. Since after doing redoing these, i can finally be at the point i always wanted to previously, which is the "It literally just can't get any better then this."(My pixel-perfect theme graphics motto), which most of the stuff already is 'PIXEL-PERFECT', but now i can finish up the remaining stuff finally. VERY HAPPY WORLDRAVE HERE!!!! Oh 5h1T, i just hit psychotic level i think 'Talking 3rd person". LOL.
Redoing the pause and failed screen for the last time now.
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Thu Dec 04, 2008 11:24 pm

worldrave wrote:Of course i did redo the guide buttons, since i am using much higher resolutions now, it allowed me to use the bigger buttons i had but had to scale them previously due to the lower resolution of the older images. I only have to redo so many of the images from scratch now, since a good bit of the texture's are already pixel perfect direct images from the rips. (IE- ALL of the graphics in both meters as well as the necks are all 1:1 images.) Just some of the big full screen pictures, failed/pause screens, and keys need to be redone. Which isn't TOO bad for me, i consider it worth it. Since after doing redoing these, i can finally be at the point i always wanted to previously, which is the "It literally just can't get any better then this."(My pixel-perfect theme graphics motto), which most of the stuff already is 'PIXEL-PERFECT', but now i can finish up the remaining stuff finally. VERY HAPPY WORLDRAVE HERE!!!! Oh 5h1T, i just hit psychotic level i think 'Talking 3rd person". LOL.
Redoing the pause and failed screen for the last time now.

So are you redoing all large background images?
Or everything?

And does that resizing plugin handle transparent values?

Return to “FoFiX”