Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
KrazzyKlown

Postby KrazzyKlown » Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:45 pm

I know this is a "Guitar" hero mod, but the drums bass needs some serious work, its hideous. also the star notes on drums appear as bass segments. i could make a youtube video to show you what i mean.
Last edited by KrazzyKlown on Mon Sep 29, 2008 10:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Sep 29, 2008 11:58 pm

No current plans since I don't ever play drums, not video game ones at least. Once the game comes out, i'll rip the real ones though. Give it time. We all start out using screen caps at 1st til we rip the real thing to look tons better.
Rocker/Modder
Cleanmonk

Postby Cleanmonk » Tue Sep 30, 2008 12:11 am

hey dave....could you make the color of the score font CCF
F99? its closer to the gh3 score font color :)
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:46 am

The best color for the score font should be #94cb60. I would have changed that a long time ago if i remembered where and while file that was in so i could change that.
Last edited by worldrave on Tue Sep 30, 2008 2:47 am, edited 1 time in total.
KrazzyKlown

Postby KrazzyKlown » Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:28 pm

Since You were reluctant to make properly functioning drum notes, i edited Roryos01 World Tour notes to work PROPERLY with you mod, unlike the default ones.

Media Fire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m4txz2wmjln
JamLegend Master
The Smell

Postby The Smell » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:20 pm

Wow, thanks for the hotfix WorldRave. Also thanks KrazzyKlown for Roryos01's drum notes!

Though the theme I had made from GH3 shrunk my main menu text. I'll figure it out though. :p
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:27 pm

KrazzyKlown wrote:Since You were reluctant to make properly functioning drum notes, i edited Roryos01 World Tour notes to work PROPERLY with you mod, unlike the default ones.

Media Fire: http://www.mediafire.com/download.php?m4txz2wmjln

I never made them from the start, and never changed any functionality to make them not work right, so however they are working, they have always been that way unless MFH/Evilynux/Blazingamer changed some code to make them not work properly. Other then that, you might have wanted to mention that to the guy that made them if it was the image's fault.
I already mentioned, i don't play the game drums ever, so i never had any intention anytime soon to do those. But with that said, i do appreciate you taking the time to make new ones that work properly. I will add those to the next version if you'd like me to.
Last edited by worldrave on Tue Sep 30, 2008 11:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.
KrazzyKlown

Postby KrazzyKlown » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:00 am

Yea I'm fine with that.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:04 am

Ok, sounds good then. Again, I will rip the actual GH:WT ones from the game once it's released at that point in time instead of GH made looking ones. But these will work for now. One question, i notice in gameshots there is one image that still looks different and i can change it if someone can answer this question.
- What is the image with the white line around the middle-ish area and has a downward point going down in the center of the bigger line used in the game?
-The red and yellow ones together 1 note above lowest in the middle fret. Or is this something not usable with current FoF functionality?

So i can do that one correctly, but want to make sure i change the right notes.

Edit- Updated the 'Code Request' and 'Code DONE' lists and also reorganized them in alphabetical order to make it a lot easier for the coders to browse through.
Last edited by worldrave on Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:08 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamLegend Master
The Smell

Postby The Smell » Wed Oct 01, 2008 1:10 am

Those are armoured drum notes. They give more cash and other bonuses when hit with harder. Not possible to have in FOF because there is no velocity sensitivity. Though they just could give more points when hit... Anyway, they aren't needed.
KrazzyKlown

Postby KrazzyKlown » Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:00 am

I used them because the look cool. anyway i rebuilt them to go better with the theme

heres the newer ones.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Oct 01, 2008 3:12 am

Well then, since there aren't any HO/PO's for Drums (no picking), would everyone rather i redid the HO/PO ones to make them look like those instead? I think that might look better then having ones with just a HO/PO glow that's now used anyway? Again, i don't play drums (in real life i do some) in this, so if i am missing something, just let me know, i am will to do this change if you want it done, and would still technically work the same. (Not having to do with more cash functioning, but just with making the HO/PO glare row replaced with those nicer
looking ones, which i would make.)
JamLegend Master
The Smell

Postby The Smell » Wed Oct 01, 2008 5:52 am

I think the armoured notes would look cool for the starnotes! That's a good idea.
Rocker/Modder
Cleanmonk

Postby Cleanmonk » Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:40 am

The Smell wrote:I think the armored notes would look cool for the star notes! That's a good idea.

well in GHWT..its for the notes that are needed to be hited harder than the rest...
Last edited by Cleanmonk on Wed Oct 01, 2008 11:41 am, edited 1 time in total.
JamLegend Master
The Smell

Postby The Smell » Wed Oct 01, 2008 12:50 pm

Yes, I know, but it's a good idea, or good excuse, to use them. :)

Return to “FoFiX”