Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:35 pm

lsapg09 wrote:Wow, this is good in game too. Nice Job Worldrave.

I think the main thing is that All the Texts Need to Be sharpened, including the Main Menu Text)

Maybe add an outline to it also

Yeah, i know. I'm almost positive it's currently the way FoF is displaying them onscreen since it seems to be that way with every image and screen i've compared it with. The only reason i come to this conclusion is because the main text graphics are literally 100% untouched and taken, pixel exact, from the unmodified text font ripped from the game and image size is also made to the size resolution to match the ripped graphics images, other then of course cutting and pasting each letter to form each word.
One thing i thought of to correct this to try, is enlarge the images a bit, and apply some sharpening to them, but then I can't claim them as pixel-perfect anymore. And to all, when i say 'PIXEL-PERFECT', what i am meaning by that is not saying it is identical in quality pixel for pixel, but it means i am making the images and such using the exact same images ripped from the game, untouched and unmodified and non-scaled at all. So whenever in cases like this, are either currently beyond my control, or will require some kind of image manipulation to make it look right, which of course will no longer allow me to call them 'pixel perfect', just to clear that up.
Notice the great work done on the rock band main text in MFH thread, the image posted for use is in good detail, yet in game is looks slightly more blurred. So if we can figure out what causes this, this current problem will no longer exist with image quality. Any idea's??? Lemme know :)
Last edited by worldrave on Tue Aug 19, 2008 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Rocker/Modder
Cleanmonk

Postby Cleanmonk » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:13 pm

hey this is amazeing! is there a way to get this font? : Image (the font that says go that far) i have seen it places around the web...but its $50 for the font
Last edited by Cleanmonk on Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 3:23 pm

Cleanmonk wrote:hey this is amazeing! is there a way to get this font? : Image (the font that says go that far) i have seen it places around the web...but its $50 for the font

-_-
USE THE SEARCH BUTTON AND SEARCH "Guitar AND hero AND font".

EDIT: You even linked to it in the thread you created... How do you not have it?

Graphic Request Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24983
FoFretter

Postby FoFretter » Tue Aug 19, 2008 10:26 pm

Does it come with the songs? Or are those going to have to be DL'd?
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:02 pm

No, mod's don't come with song's, but you can look into the 'Tune Posting' forum for those. Enjoy :)
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:14 pm

I don't think calling it Pixel-Perfect means much of anything. That is to say, I don't think you should be hesitant to make something better just so you can say it's pixel perfect.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Aug 19, 2008 11:41 pm

No, i know i COULD make the graphics better if I chose to, but that's not my direction. Maybe later i might just make something completely different, but right now i am all about making a faithful reproduction of GH3 in every way that the code allows me too. So currently i am only using the term 'Pixel-Perfect' as meaning "No, i can't get any better with detail then using the exact graphic images." Sure the graphics can be made to look even better then GH3 itself with some graphics design, but that's not my goal here.
I'm sure i might want to make something from complete scratch late on though once i'm done, but currently i'm just putting all my focus on this.

If i read you correctly that is, your basically telling me "Don't limit your capabilities with graphics to ONLY gh3 level of quality, and rather make everything even better yet by using the sky as the limit"?
poison

Postby poison » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:16 am

wow drave looks beautiful. very nice ;)
blah blah blah...
Songs Made: 3
Latest:
Good Charolette - Keep Your Hands off my Girl
flashman362

Postby flashman362 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:04 am

WOW its like a clone!
rockstar2146

Postby rockstar2146 » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:31 pm

your the best
COBHATECREW419
Super_Crazy_Dude

Postby Super_Crazy_Dude » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:12 am

Great you just need to make the paused menu fonts bigger on make the close to eachother
CHILDREN OF BODOM!!!!!!! OWNS!!!!!!
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Aug 21, 2008 2:38 am

Yeah, that takes some coding to do though, but will be done eventually.
Zorbs

Postby Zorbs » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:20 am

Hmm.. it doesn't work for me, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I putted the GH3 folder inside the mods folder of FoF/data, and I'm using the latest FoF version. Can anyone help me?

Thanks
The Wiitard
rednano12

Postby rednano12 » Thu Aug 21, 2008 9:29 am

FOR ALARIAN MOD

PUT IT IN THEMES!
Oct. 30th is Cama appreciation day!

Check out my first song: Snow (Hey Oh)
Cutting Briers
Qwedgeonline

Postby Qwedgeonline » Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:26 pm

Wow This is Amazing! So many good mods these days.... Worldrave's GH3 Theme, Project Clone, Hero Mod, all very amazing! The only problems I have with this is

-The songs choices aren't outlined in black when you scroll onto them Probably can't be fixed, but it's just a small detail, nothing big
and
- The Words on the pause menu are too small. Somthing you've already heard, just needs to be fixed.

Only 2 problems that I have with it! AWESOME work!
Last edited by Qwedgeonline on Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Can we get this forum going again?

Return to “FoFiX”