Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
;)
catfish08

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby catfish08 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:17 am

The FoF version looks better in my opinion :2thumbsup:
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Mar 01, 2009 6:21 am

catfish08 wrote:The FoF version looks better in my opinion :2thumbsup:

That's probably because the GH3 shot looks like a photo from a tv and is a little washed out... but here's something to think about:
With all the attention to detail Worldrave puts into this theme, it is probably much better quality that the actual PS2 and Wii versions of GH 3
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:01 am

LOL, thanks Death_au. What a nice compliment to start off a Sunday morning, AND OFF!!! The reason the GH3 looks a little more washed out is because GH3 is playing a video for the loading screen, which isn't supported yet in FoF, so i used a static image found inside GH3 and digitally removed the "Loading" text that was on the screen (different font text then was actually seen in game, overlayed on image.) then added the "Loading" text after using my font i made, and then added the warped version shadowed "Loading" a letter at a time, since each one is randomly stretched by GH3 in game on the fly.

Edit- Oh yeah. The resolution of the images in PC/X360/PS3 are exactly 50% larger then the PS2 and Wii versions. So you can literally say they are twice as good in any case.
;)
catfish08

Postby catfish08 » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:10 am

worldrave wrote:Said Stuff.

Wow, the amount of detail you put into everything is insane! I would love to see a theme created by you, and you only. Not based of anything either. That would be pretty damn sweet. Oh, just one question, I'm do you use photoshop? I'm guessing that you do lol.

Keep up the good work :2thumbsup:
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Mar 01, 2009 11:37 am

Thanks even more. LOL. Yeah i use Photoshop CS4. I just redid the background again after thinking about it. Since i now have the ripped video's from GH3 as of recently, i might as well just use one of the frames from it, since it's HQ 1280x720, and just add the "Loading" to it using my previous layers from the PSD. I will leave the older image in the theme SVN so you have a choice "loadingbg-older.png". Will show pictures in a few minutes, after a quickly tweak the theme settings for the new image.

Edit- Ok, how's THIS for almost perfect?? Tweaked a little further the line spacing and positioning of the text over a little, using new made screen. Other then again the shadowing i can't do, and i'll in time edit the font AGAIN to make the letters a little more condensed in width, it should BE perfect. This is final for now though.

FoFiX

GH3
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:55 pm

worldrave wrote:Edit- Ok, how's THIS for almost perfect?? Tweaked a little further the line spacing and positioning of the text over a little, using new made screen. Other then again the shadowing i can't do, and i'll in time edit the font AGAIN to make the letters a little more condensed in width, it should BE perfect. This is final for now though.

Just a question out of pure curiosity, why can't you do the shadowing? From my limited understanding, the shadowing is done in code by rendering the text black, then rendering the text white over the top. If I'm correct in that assumption, then shouldn't it be possible to add some sort of "shadow offset" variable, where you render the black text at the current text position + offset? Of course, I'm just rambling on without reference to what the code actually does. Just throwing the idea out there.
nefarious

Postby nefarious » Sun Mar 01, 2009 5:59 pm

I haven't used this theme in awhile; want a change from RB themes but not sure about something. Can I go from 3.0 full right to 3.20 cause your instructions say to overwrite 3.15 which isn't listed anywhere.

Requirements: 'FoFiX 3.1 Rev.967+' Minimum
And also GH3 Full Release 3.0 Above
then Overwrite 3.20 files over Release 3.15
My Guitar Hero: On Tour Rips
New ones: Here
re-synced song.ogg's thanks to Moonflow43
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Mar 01, 2009 9:47 pm

Oh, yeah. That's just something i missed when i updated the last release. I'll change that. Glad you noticed that.
;)
catfish08

Postby catfish08 » Mon Mar 02, 2009 9:51 am

Hey worldrave, I've used your new graphical menus in my Victorian theme as a template, I hope that's ok. And don't worry, you will be fully credited if it is :laugh:
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Mar 02, 2009 11:14 am

Sure, that's ok with me. Glad your still working on it. Looks cool.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Thu Mar 05, 2009 3:52 pm

death_au wrote:Just a question out of pure curiosity, why can't you do the shadowing? From my limited understanding, the shadowing is done in code by rendering the text black, then rendering the text white over the top. If I'm correct in that assumption, then shouldn't it be possible to add some sort of "shadow offset" variable, where you render the black text at the current text position + offset? Of course, I'm just rambling on without reference to what the code actually does. Just throwing the idea out there.

That's exactly what I did. I could add support for shadow offset, shouldn't be too hard.
FOF14

Postby FOF14 » Fri Mar 06, 2009 9:45 pm

Requirements: 'FoFiX 3.1 Rev.967+' Minimum
I have this theme in FoFiX 3.20 (newest) and it wont work. What is Rev.967? it reloads and is still the megalight theme...
Hiasl

Postby Hiasl » Sat Mar 07, 2009 1:23 am

Download FoFiX 3.100.
gori666

Postby gori666 » Sat Mar 07, 2009 7:48 am

What's the Rev.967? I've installed fofix 3.100, put the theme in game, and it works, but there is something realy wrong in the fofix co-op:
I'm sorry about my english, I'm Polish.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Mar 07, 2009 12:34 pm

@Blazingamer
Man, that would be really nice if you added an offset. Then it would look almost perfect for that screen. And thank you for doing that.

Return to “FoFiX”