Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Free Happy!
fofgh3

Re: Worldrave's GH3 Theme 3.0 -=[For MFH Mod 3.0 Rev.353+]=-

Postby fofgh3 » Thu Jan 01, 2009 5:45 pm

Metallica_1969 wrote:Amazing Job !

Thanks a lot !

Unfortunately some Hotfixes are not anymore available like the 11 for example. Are all the Hotfixes part of the version 3.0 / 3.1 ? Or do I need to download all of them ? If yes, will it be possible for someone to reup them ?

Thanking you in advance,

Best regards,

Metallica

Are you Puppetz cuzin?
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Jan 01, 2009 8:58 pm

No, all you need is 3.0 and the hotfix 3.1 update. That should be all you need.

This will be included in next patch, but for now just add this to your theme.ini file.

fail_completed_color = #ce8000

this was a new theme.ini setting added recently. Now it will be the correct color. Before it was borrowed from another color present that didn't really work properly.
Metallica_1969

Postby Metallica_1969 » Sat Jan 03, 2009 5:09 am

Thanks for your quick answer !

Really amazing job !
MrFaust

Postby MrFaust » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:22 pm

I found the real font needed for the songlist. It's the DF Catseye Narrow font. There is a while family of this font (8 styles I believe) but it is about $35US per style. I've had no luck finding it through other channels yet.

The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:33 pm

Donate to worldrave to buy GH3 original font!! hEhehEh.. kIddin' ofc. :)
700+ songs fretted!!
Puppetz

Postby Puppetz » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:44 pm

fofgh3 wrote:Are you Puppetz cuzin?

No, he's not. It's "Metallica_90" who is! :smile:
Image To support my work and help me get a new computer. Thanks!
ImageImageImageImageImage
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Jan 05, 2009 7:51 pm

Actually, that IS what i used to make the one i currently have. I found one website that happen to have that font, AND allowed testing the font at 388point size, which i then grabbed at 388point size, 2-3 letters at a time, then used THOSE HQ images to construct the font. So basically it's about 99% perfect. Being that font's are most of the time vector based, i can't get any better then what we currently have. Normally text is only used at 10-12point size. So i think 388 is WAY more then enough. :)
MrFaust

Postby MrFaust » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:00 pm

The only issue is there are some characters that a missing in your font. Namely '
Plus some of the special characters. That was my only concern. It's weird seeing blocks for missing font type in the song list.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Jan 05, 2009 8:22 pm

Yeah, i know the ones your talking about. I didn't bother doing the character's I didn't need. I should've though i guess. :smile: I guess i can go and finish off any missing ones though. Same situation for the numbers in the main GH3 font i made. Wasn't as high on the list since they weren't barely used much. But i'll go back and add those to both when i can get around to it.

---- EDIT ----

Just finished the new fretbuttons. SINCE there's no answer yet on the "Issue - Draw fretbuttons on screen as is (2d images), instead of stretching over a 3d object", i just duplicated the 3 rows to a separate folder in my PSD, and made the manual warping and height differences to THOSE, so if/when that issue is fixed, i can always resort to the final pixel-perfect versions. These will also be included in my future versions of GH3 and GHA theme's. A lot of work and calculations and trial and error were done to make these the correct way. ENJOY!!! This is NOT the final permanent ones, since these are only released until the proper coding can be done so i DON'T have to warp and stretch (image distortion) the as-is versions. Which if you know me, you know i hate having to stretch or warp ANYTHING unless i have to, but in this case there is NO other way currently.
Last edited by worldrave on Mon Jan 12, 2009 12:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Mr. Sorrow
Figure

Postby Figure » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:40 am

Hi Worldrave :) I love your new fretbuttons but isnt the quality of image better in the previous version??? I think they had a soften edges. And...the score font is WHITE?!
tnt_easy

Postby tnt_easy » Thu Jan 08, 2009 4:36 am

could someone plz help me with this. every time start fof the game crashes. plz help
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jan 08, 2009 6:28 am

Figure wrote:Hi Worldrave :) I love your new fretbuttons but isnt the quality of image better in the previous version??? I think they had a soften edges. And...the score font is WHITE?!

Thinking about how a lot of the images get slightly blurred in FoF anyway, then the harsher edges is not necessarily a bad thing. Plus, if you'd been reading you'd know that these are the ones ripped from the game with only skewing applied.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:41 am

Welll, we know he's never been the greatest with reading much. The cause of the white score is posted above, yes on this SAME PAGE.

As MrFaust mentioned (one of the few that actually gets me), not only does FoF like to blur images a little, the fact that before with the fretbuttons, the bottom row was puzzled together differently with the metal bar being turned instead of skewed properly since that was done a LONG time ago, before i took a lot of time recently to calculate and notice how FoF ACTUALLY draws the images on screen, and NOT ONLY remade the fretbuttons as-is with JUST adding proper height to compensate how FoF draws them onscreen, and also added proper skewing to offset (used screenshots as an overlay to match up.), but ALSO re-pieced the pieces perfectly since i took more time with them this time around since it's the final image now.
I also mentioned that in terms of ANY known image distortion currently, there is NOTHING i can do about that until we can code FoF to draw the image on screen AS IS instead of currently FoF is overlaying them on top of a 3D object, and we have to compensate THAT by addition reverse image adjustments. As i said, i made these adjustments to a 2nd set i made inside my PSD file for this image i have stored, and can EASILY remove the extra needed adjustments and re-release them once the proper coding is added.
Mr. Sorrow
Figure

Postby Figure » Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:46 am

worldrave wrote:Welll, we know he's never been the greatest with reading much. The cause of the white score is posted above, yes on this SAME PAGE.

WTF??? What r u trying??? To abuse me??? MOTHERF*CKER! I love your work and you work pretty hard. BUT WHAT IS THIS???!!!! I´ve tried what you´ve mentioned in the second post on this page...and....no change...the score font is still white...so...SA POJEB TY BUZERANT SKURVENY....nothing interesting in english :)
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Jan 08, 2009 3:39 pm

ah dude. thats just sarcastic humour. I was saying that because you asked a question already answered a few posts up. So you are saying you added tthat line in the them,s ini and its still white? 3 would double check you install since it working fine for me and since its a coding thing, thered should not be any reason it shouldnt work unless your using an old version from before that code was added.

Return to “FoFiX”