Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
ranyardm

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby ranyardm » Sat Mar 07, 2009 3:57 pm

Hi guys,

I don't actually know if this is a bug, or just something that GH3 does (I never played the official gh3), but installing the theme 3.20 (yes, over 3.0), on the release of FoFiX 3.10, gives me no visible indication of sustains. I noticed that with FoFiX in it's megalight gh3 theme the sustain lines are very thin in comparison with rfmod or fof original, but in your gh3 theme they seem to be completely nonexistant.

I can live with it, it makes it a bit harder that way, but wondered if it was a setting I missed?

Also, probably an FoFiX bug but I've noticed on certain loads of the game, the guitar track (that I'm playing) gets loaded gets somehow "out of sync" with the rest of the audio. Makes things sound very wierd and appears to happen by the track starting to play before the 3 2 1 numbers appear.

Any advice appreciated.

--
Martyn
Rock Star
MasterPhW

Postby MasterPhW » Sun Mar 08, 2009 7:53 am

ranyardm wrote:Hi guys,

I don't actually know if this is a bug, or just something that GH3 does (I never played the official gh3), but installing the theme 3.20 (yes, over 3.0), on the release of FoFiX 3.10, gives me no visible indication of sustains. I noticed that with FoFiX in it's megalight gh3 theme the sustain lines are very thin in comparison with rfmod or fof original, but in your gh3 theme they seem to be completely nonexistant.

I can live with it, it makes it a bit harder that way, but wondered if it was a setting I missed?

Also, probably an FoFiX bug but I've noticed on certain loads of the game, the guitar track (that I'm playing) gets loaded gets somehow "out of sync" with the rest of the audio. Makes things sound very wierd and appears to happen by the track starting to play before the 3 2 1 numbers appear.

Any advice appreciated.

--
Martyn

I don't know about the first problem, but the second one with the out of sync song was already posted as Issue 520 and will be fixed in the next milestone release.
My Rigs:

Spoiler:Main: Intel Core i7-860 (@3.33Ghz) | 4 GB DDR3-1333 | ATI HD5750 PCI-E | ATI High Definition Audio Device |
4 TB Internal SATA2 + 6TB external USB3 | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA
Old One: AMD Athlon 64 X2 4200+ (2x2.5Ghz; S939) | MSI KbT Neo2-F V2.0 | 2x1GB Corsair Value VS1GBKIT400 | Radeon HD 3850 512 MB/AGP8x | Creative SB Audigy LS | 2TB (4x500GB SATA2 HDDs Raid0) | Windows 7 Business X64 MSDNAA

*running FoFiX 4.x newest alpha git on python 2.6 build environment, 2 Les Paul PS3 Guitar Hero III Controller & 1 Complete Rockstar Set*
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:17 pm

I would recommend double-checking your installed, versions and all. Looking at this picture i JUST took, sustains are clearly working fine. Unless i am not understanding your meaning of SUSTAINS, in that case please ellaborate a little more. Else, double-check you properly installed both current versions and also you may want to consider using SVN's of both this theme as well as FoFiX. Reason being, you will ALWAYS be up to date, and always be able to use new functions and fixes on the spot. It's worth it. Clear instructions can be found on the FoFiX wiki which can be found at the FoFiX link in my sign.

Also, here's a screenshot of Blazingamer's new shadow offset code for Loading Screen font.
Loading screen is now finished, other then video background support in time. (An yes, i already have the video waiting for that.)

FoFiX GH3 theme

GH3
;)
catfish08

Postby catfish08 » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:20 pm

Insanity man. How did you do everything so perfect? I can't even tell the difference between the real GH3 anymore haha. :drool:
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Mar 08, 2009 12:44 pm

Thanks. Believe me, I work very hard at it too. MAJOR thanks go out to the coders for opening up the doors and functionality to allow me to get to this point. Definitely the finest impressive group yet since FOF has been around for sure.
I forget. LETS ROCK!
jfosheezy

Postby jfosheezy » Sun Mar 08, 2009 1:50 pm

YOU ARE GOD
can I be your preist?
ImageImage
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Mar 08, 2009 3:18 pm

It's time for some new tails. I went back and redid the glowing tails and the tips also. They now more properly match the same transparency of GH3 glowing tails, as well as the smooth edges as well. I'm not 100% comfortable with them just yet, but they are much better then they were.
jickpictures.com
jickpictures

Postby jickpictures » Sun Mar 08, 2009 5:28 pm

I'm having problems even getting the theme working?

If I install the update (3.20), the theme does not load up and it shows a blank black screen and I have to force quit FoFiX. The theme works without the 3.20 update however with just version 3.0. In order for it to work again I have to trash the whole theme, then when I start it up it reverts back to the Megalight GH3 theme. I'm on a Mac with FoFiX 3.10 installed. Any ideas?

Recent songs fretted Jick Style:
-Coming Soon
A Day to Remember - Heartless (Remastered Version off of "Old Record")
A Day to Remember - I'm Made Of Wax, Larry, What Are You Made Of?
A Day to Remember - Colder Than My Heart, If You Can Imagine
A Day to Remember - You Already Know What You Are

Current Projects:
A Day to Remember Discography: Want to Contribute?
The Photoshop Wizard
kristijan_mkd

Postby kristijan_mkd » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:03 am

Some stages.. :smile:

Spoiler:ImageImageImageImage

Rocker/Modder
Cleanmonk

Postby Cleanmonk » Mon Mar 09, 2009 12:13 pm

kristijan_mkd wrote:Some stages.. :smile:

Spoiler:ImageImageImageImage

the pictures have a broken link, run it through tinyurl.com/
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:25 pm

Err...

The stage2.jpg it's like this on purpose? Or have you forgot to rename the file extension to png? Well, if we have to rename it, we have to rename it all, because the stage2.png already exists...

Or, am I being a jerk because FoFix already accepts *.jpg files? For what I've read I know that we may have a jpg file and then simply rename it to png in order to use it but I didn't know that we could use a jpg file.

Can we?

Hasta!

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 7:58 pm

We can already use .jpg, it's just that the code is case sensitive in that it looks specifically for the .png extension. I was thinking we should allow for stages to be .jpg since the stages don't use transparency.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Mar 09, 2009 8:13 pm

Yeah, it looks like a forgot one of the files when i renamed them to png extention. Thanks for catching that. Yeah, i am going back and changing all the background images in my theme to jpg to save space among other things.

@Blazingamer,
yeah, that would be cool to at least at read capabilities to BG images at least for now. Believe me, i looked at the code and saw how many things you would have to add for everything. That would take a while, but i'm guessing there are shorter cuts to doing it maybe.
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:04 pm

If I did it to the stages, I think that'd be enough. It would also help on loading times for multiple stages because .jpeg files tend to be smaller than .png. While there would be some quality loss, it wouldn't be enough that'd it'd look worse than what FOF does to images naturally in-game.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Mar 09, 2009 9:13 pm

Yeah, i definitely agree with you on that note. I'm cool with stages if that's the easiest to do. That should be enough for sure. At least for now.

Return to “FoFiX”