Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
oesick

Postby oesick » Sun Sep 14, 2008 8:38 am

this is ma little bug in gh3 theme (last fix) :) space empty between rockmeter and splight.. its normal?

worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Sep 14, 2008 6:03 pm

i will be ignoring questions that have either been answered more then 2 or 3 times, OR Have already been answered and explained on the very 1st post. I dont spend the time to write all the explaining and code requests for nothing. But since you have a beautiful avatar, i will be nice this time. The code has to be changed to handle the new size image of the newer pixel perfect ones i made, which i may end up changing myself since MFH told me which file and area has that coding i need to modify. But, to all here, in the future please read the whole lower section of the 1st post before asking questions. I dont mind helping out, but me answering questions already answered takes away from me doing more work faster on this.
Rocker/Modder
Cleanmonk

Postby Cleanmonk » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:23 pm

hey i found a close font thats in gh3.....you can see the font in this vid @ 0:11 (normal. slow slower, slowest)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuND14J1q9Y

heres the link to the font
http://www.2-free.net/free-fonts/continuum-medium/32995.html
oesick

Postby oesick » Mon Sep 15, 2008 5:49 pm

worldrave wrote:i will be ignoring questions that have either been answered more then 2 or 3 times, OR Have already been answered and explained on the very 1st post. I dont spend the time to write all the explaining and code requests for nothing. But since you have a beautiful avatar, i will be nice this time. The code has to be changed to handle the new size image of the newer pixel perfect ones i made, which i may end up changing myself since MFH told me which file and area has that coding i need to modify. But, to all here, in the future please read the whole lower section of the 1st post before asking questions. I dont mind helping out, but me answering questions already answered takes away from me doing more work faster on this.

sorry worldrave for same question again :// but now i know everything i need :)

ps. you also like booty avatars? ;) need some? ;) hah
Last edited by oesick on Tue Sep 16, 2008 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Mon Sep 15, 2008 6:26 pm

i would like to appoligize in advance. you have, and continue to do excellent work.

why would you include graphics that don't currently work?

this is just me thinking out loud but it seems like you would get it working then release it in a hotfix.

i think you're putting the cart before the horse.

again great job and keep up the good work. for now i'll just use the splights included with the main download.
Last edited by slantyr on Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Sep 15, 2008 7:26 pm

You have to understand something. I do VERY little coding, i'm mostly all graphics. Sometimes when you really into work, you fix something else, even if it means doing something ahead just to keep things clean. Yes, ahead of the horses :) This rarely happens with me, but in the bulbs case i couldn't stand having it scaled and missing some of the glare due to the previous size of old image restraints. If you need to, and it bothers you personally that much, just switch back to the older one for now. I don't mean that to sound harsh, i am just saying it won't bother me none if you prefer to just use the old one.
I always have reasons for why i do everything. Now, i have actually spent most of the entire day today (been on vacation for this past week, working a bit on this, hense the reason why i've released the various patches with so many changes.) figuring out exactly where and how the code works for the Bulbs, including the positioning of each Bulb, the rotation workings, and the sizing, and also having to add some things myself for Bulbs 4-6, and have already lined up Bulbs 1-3 to within a few pixels of accuracy to GH3 itself.
I just got down Bulb 4 down and the remaining 2 should be easier now that i figured out the differences that needed to be made between 1-3 and 4-6. So i should hopefully have the rest done by tonight late.

Unfortunately no one but me will be able to use it until my code gets added to the next MFH, which i am sure it won't be that long till that gets done (only a guess of course, but by looking at his recent progress.) I will post a few GH3 and FoF comparisons shots when i get a chance so you can see.

I need to explain how much of a time consuming pain in the arse alignment can be by doing this kind of stuff. When you do things like me when it comes to using an actual GH3 image, overlayed on top of a screenshot of FoF i took, and compare by switching one layer off, going back and forth, making code adjustments, til it's matching up within a few pixels is one thing. It's even more time consuming for things like Bulbs 4-6 which don't even appear until you get enough built up, which i have to wait until i get so far into the game before they appear before i have that opportunity to capture a shot with the 4-6 bulbs on the screen. I found a decent song to use, along with jurgen, that allows this to happen within 15-20 seconds, which is pretty decent. But STILL time consuming JUST to get 1 screen shot, which is needed to be able to see EACH change made to make sure alignment is proper.
Just so you better understand what sometimes is needed with coding JUST to get alignment correct and accurate. LET ALONE what MFH, Blazingamer, Evilylux go through to completely change/add something from scratch is simply CRAZY stuff!!!! I don't think most people understand nor truly appreciate there work to the fullest unless they code some things themselves. I always have only because I used to code some back when I made the 1st dual meter mode for FoF with the GH2 Dual Meter mod, but not to the level of things going on today. Things were more simple back then.

EDIT- Might for sure be longer then tonight. I just noticed that Bulbs 4-6 are messing with the blue bulbs 1-3 rotation slightly, so i have to figure that out and what adjustments need to be made to work still. Dang it all!!

EDIT 2- Ok here's a screen of both now that i'm finished. The only thing left is what i mentioned, I need to figure what's causing the blue bulbs 1-3 to be effected and make the offset adjustments so the 1-3 bulbs aren't changed. The normal bulbs 1-3 are fine and correct. It's only when blue ones are shown on screen is when the blue 1-3 are changed a little. I'll figure that out another day though.

FoF-GH3 Meter Closeup Screenshot Guitar Hero 3 Meter closeup Screenshot
ImageImage
Last edited by worldrave on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:57 am, edited 1 time in total.
nefarious

Postby nefarious » Wed Sep 17, 2008 12:42 am

Can someone mediafire the hotfix please; nothing against rapidshare but it seems every time I want to download something off it says someone with my IP is already downloading something.... I hate NAT.

*edit*
@worldrave
Thanks for the mediafire link
Last edited by nefarious on Wed Sep 17, 2008 1:27 am, edited 1 time in total.
My Guitar Hero: On Tour Rips
New ones: Here
re-synced song.ogg's thanks to Moonflow43
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Wed Sep 17, 2008 10:13 am

i'm glad you finally got the splights working better :)

not a complaint but just a note on the alignment of the red and blue lights for bulbs 2 &3.

right now they're both angled slightly different than the clear bulbs (not just the blue one).
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Sep 17, 2008 3:22 pm

I give up. :( Message 2 posts up explains why this is the case with the bulbs. It will be fixed once the code solution is found. I have been doing the code changes myself with all bulb stuff, and something is acting weird with the first 3 blue bulbs when the other 3 kick in. I may need to start ignoring people, but thats not my nature.
Alexfighter

Postby Alexfighter » Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:51 pm

Sorry if I'm repeating, but I only visit this thread to downlaod :)

I've downloade today the FULL version, and the Fail.png is just like Pause.png but with "Options" written instead of Pause. In the Hotfix9 patch the file is right, though.

BTW, the "Starpower Ready" and streak messages are so centered at first than when they're bouncing before go up they don't let you see the notes. Can that be changed in the them or is another hardcoded feature of the MFH-Alarian mod?
Last edited by Alexfighter on Wed Sep 17, 2008 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Sep 18, 2008 3:11 am

Yeah, the streak messages are hardcoded. Weird about the pause image, I zipped up my GH3 directory and uploaded that as the newest version. Unless i accidently copied the wrong link in my list, i will definitely double-check to be safe. Thanks for letting me know, if that ends up being the case.
R3MaK3R

Postby R3MaK3R » Thu Sep 18, 2008 4:51 am

Nice update!! :D
http://www.youtube.com/user/VanSanProductions
sub to my official youtube channel - My music, GTA IV, mini cartoons, and frets on fire videos!
emp3ror

Postby emp3ror » Thu Sep 18, 2008 5:51 am

great work worldrave, this just keeps getting better, and better!
Alexfighter

Postby Alexfighter » Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:44 am

Ok, I've been confusing myself with all the different packages out there (yours, ugo's mfh), but I can confirm now that your FULL Package has at least the wrong files I said.

Your HotFix 9 Patch, though, is ok.
Last edited by Alexfighter on Thu Sep 18, 2008 8:54 am, edited 1 time in total.
Jack of all Trades
BlackJack

Postby BlackJack » Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:30 am

I tried fixing a few files from the latest version (2.09)* :

<li>Hitflames : removed stray pixels.
<li>Fail.png : fixed left part of the "red motif" (was cropped, near the "S"), and reduced "jpeg" artifacts (mostly on "Song Failed" and the red motif).

As a bonus, here's another fail.png with a different attempt at cleaning "Song Failed" (looks good in game, but the color isn't accurate to GH3 and I'm not quite satisfied with it -- some beta-testers liked it, so just in case someone else likes this one better...).

//edit: *after Alexfighter reported the full version didn't include Hotfix #9, and since I had downloaded the full pack, I've checked that the files I had modified were the same from hotfix #8 to hotfix #9 : fortunately, that was the case.
Last edited by BlackJack on Thu Sep 18, 2008 10:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Than != Then. It's != Its. Of != Have. Your != You're. Their != There != They're.

Return to “FoFiX”