Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
worldrave

Re: Worldrave's GH3 Theme 3.0 -=[For MFH Mod 3.0 Rev.353+]=-

Postby worldrave » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:23 pm

I understand that, my GH3 WAS the gh3 theme used back when UC released his. And back with 1.1.431, my GH2 WAS the starting theme which was the 1st dual meter mod out there. I am just trying to make this as easy as possible to do. I guess i will have to try to digg up my old thread to see if the download link still works. I'm open minded, so i will try to get my old theme and see what's there. I know for sure some things and filename's changed though, as for the remaining, i'm not sure about. I'm not trying to make this into a big project when we can just test some files and see for sure with the current base. I think there might only be like 8-10 files at most that are there but not needed, or should I say not required.

Ok, found the old thread. Dated Dec.18,2007-
Worldrave's Guitar Hero 3 MOD for FoF 1.1.341
If you wanted to try that. Kind of neat for a blast from the past, AMAZING how much we've advanced since then.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Thu Jan 22, 2009 7:51 pm

worldrave wrote:Ok, found the old thread. Dated Dec.18,2007-
Worldrave's Guitar Hero 3 MOD for FoF 1.1.341
If you wanted to try that. Kind of neat for a blast from the past, AMAZING how much we've advanced since then.
Woah, look at the bulbs! Yeah, this mod has come an awful long way since then...
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:20 pm

i know you think i'm tring to stroll down memory lane, but i really believe this is the base for what are "necessery" files.

i'm uploading something special for you, it's the very first compolation from fingers (before alarian :ohmy: ) link

it has capos bpm lines so is the closest cousin. (this has some of the first ho/po improvements)

also here is a copy of uc v2. ds~ edited the .pngs only. link

check these out there's alot more than 9 or 10. :)

when these came out you were doing a herring theme
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Jan 22, 2009 8:43 pm

Ok, i'll take a look at it. But finger's got involved WELL after UC was done to my best of knowledge. Also, that was H3r1n6 I was working with when i made the dual meter mod back then. (Just don't want his name wrong out of respect. Since he did help me quite a bit. That mod branched off everything from there.). The 'UltimateFOF was done later. The H3r1n6 mod your talking about was WAY before UC. That was in it's definition 'THE' 1st dual-mod EVER for FoF. H3r1n6 helped add the code to make a 2nd dual meter possible, and was mostly all theme functions, which i did all the adjustments moving it over, and the arrow was an image file that actually had 9-10 arrows on it that actually were a rotated arrorw. Ralph666 also helped me out back then also. But that was waaaaaay long ago. They can support that statement. Well anyway, that was a long time ago anyway. Whoever wants to make the list, just lemme know, i don't have time to do it. And no rush, just whenever you get around to it.

Edit- Yeah, i remember that. That was a combination of my mod and some RB images combined. So i would try dumping all the images into a new theme, and test it in FoFiX to make sure it works and not crashes. I don't really care how you do it, but it DOES need to be accurate and correct before i go posting the list on the Wiki is all.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 9:32 pm

that's why i volentiered to help :thumbup:

you did hint this is what you wanted from me.

saddlly i'm a complete nerd and remember all this crap i read.

i can help with the newer files also (they remind me of what i had to change and why)

just thought getting us all on the same page would make things easier in the end :)

edit: you'll have to correct me if i'm wrong but those are wolfracings (racer13) grapics in uc versions posted
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:10 pm

I will correct you. I was the 1st one that actually released the 1st full GH3 mod for UC, that's a perfect example of how easy it is to loose credit for doing stuff here. Credit gets lost along the lines. I know UC doesn't hang out here much, but if he does drop by still, he can also confirm this for sure. :wink: We both have a mutual respect outside of the forums (from personal PM with each other.) as well as the moderators that have been here long enough as well. Quite a lot of people across the course of progress have used my work, and credit has been lost. But those people know where it came from, and that's good enough for me.

And thanks for offering your help :smile: Do as much as you want to, you will be given credit for getting all the info together for sure.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:26 pm

if that is the case then please forgive my ignorance
Last edited by slantyr on Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:37 pm, edited 2 times in total.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Thu Jan 22, 2009 10:36 pm

No big deal. Yeah, have at it, i trust you. Just test enough to make sure NO extra files are there that aren't needed, for GH3 related, as well as RB related, or whatever you have the time to do. I need this to be as accurate as possible before i add it to the Wiki. And thanks again for whatever you can do. It will benifit anyone that will want to make a theme. And your's make's a great example of what you can do with it for making something original. I'll always love yours. And yes (if your wondering), i am still going to for sure make the "Frets on Speed" (not final name yet of course. Something along the lines.) theme which is based on NFS:Undercover, and have the whole layout/concept on paper already. And will shock the hell out of people. And will also be completely original. We need more of these theme's. Not that GH and RB aren't killer. :wink:

And today i am VERY sad, as i just lost (shortly after getting home from work.) my Microsoft Trackball Explorer i have had for about 8 years now, wouldn't trade it for ANY mice in the WORLD!!!! And can't buy it for under $250 now used on ebay up to $600!!! (Sniffles!!!!)
Hiasl

Postby Hiasl » Fri Jan 23, 2009 4:35 pm

I am waiting for the NFS:Undercover theme. I hope it gets released as fast as possible. I hope it will become as good as you said and you said big words for it.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Sat Jan 24, 2009 12:17 pm

the nfs theme sounds really cool :)

the wiki is looking very nice :thumbup:

Spoiler:here's the GH3 minimum (fofix will either freeze/crash/not start if any are missing)

just a suggestion but we should seperate the themes

with this gh3 base we can figure out minimums for world tour and gh1/2

so maybe have it :
gh3
rb (these two would contain all the files useable in their respective themes)
i know some of the files are the same name but alot of them act very differently

gh1/2
wt (these would contain only the files needed to convert to this kind of theme)
also notating what files are no longer necessery (unused)

or add an extra column for this kind of info

i think something like that would stop alot of confusion

the sounds and fonts should be done also maybe in this or thier own wiki page.

edit: i'm working on some text for you
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Sat Jan 24, 2009 7:24 pm

I just made some battle notes if you like:
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:41 pm

I miss the old GH3 theme, I loved it. I want to revive the style with FOFiX so badly because it wasn't a 100% clone and had a somewhat unique style to it which made it awesome. I remember when you first released it...

Woah, 3 hours and already 4000 views, why no comments?

Something like that, it's been awhile.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Jan 24, 2009 9:36 pm

Yeah, i was thinking about that the other day actually. Slowing down, but mostly because other then coding, there's only so much left to do with my theme's til there 100%.

@angellinus
I appreciate your time making them, but i have already had all that since the beginning, I haven't released anything only because there isn't anything yet to use them with. Battle mode isn't coded in FoFiX, and i not going to release star power replacements, since that's not GH3. But i appreciate your help and support at least.

---- EDIT ----

@slantyr
Yeah, we can talk further about the layout. I'm not interested in having multiple sections for each theme style, since one works fine, and that's the reason why i have the "Theme" column, but i am interested in hearing more about your extra column thoughts. And thanks for putting together the GH list. If that's good, i can put that together for the Wiki, giving you credit of course for getting that together. I'm not quite sure about including the sounds and such, or having a separate Wiki also. I am still thinking about that.
vampens

Postby vampens » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:35 pm

I don't know why this is but everything works fine except the flame effect when you hit a note and the lightning effect. Is there someone else that has this problem, or am I the only one?
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sun Feb 01, 2009 2:55 am

Thanks for the feedback. Yeah, your right about those. Can't do much with the size, but i'm getting help with a workable solution that won't effect other menu's that it's connected to right now. Plus if Akedrou does add pause graphic text options, that will be fixed and also looking so much better anyway.

BTW- Here's my finished Co-op menu now, using some new functionality Akedrou's been working on. Big thanks to him. A LOT of stuff going on behind the scene's.

Co-Op Screen Section
Last edited by worldrave on Mon Feb 02, 2009 3:10 am, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “FoFiX”