Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX 4.0.0+]=-

Postby death_au » Sun Oct 25, 2009 8:09 pm

Ambiguity wrote:Doesn't Jstump say "never say there is something python can't do"? Lol.

I never said it was impossible, just telling you the situation currently :tongue2:
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Oct 26, 2009 3:28 am

death_au wrote:
Ambiguity wrote:Doesn't Jstump say "never say there is something python can't do"? Lol.

I never said it was impossible, just telling you the situation currently :tongue2:

Oh yeah I know it's not going to work right this second, I thought we were talking about future implementation(possibly 4.0)

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Jackzilla1

Postby Jackzilla1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:58 pm

The SVN you currently have up, has all the images in almost every folder in .jpg format. Can you Convert The .jpg images back to .png?
COLOR CANCELED THEME

thebocaj wrote:I'm gonna call you Oo Cneetee from now on, as I couldn't see the black letters in that link at first.

http://nyan.cat is a real website and so is http://www.wwwdotcom.com
ADH

Postby ADH » Fri Nov 20, 2009 9:42 pm

lol the svn version is only for the latest FoFiX alpha... It will not work with the latest release. that is why they are in .jpg format. The alpha versions of FoFiX support .jpg images. if you are using alpha then update. if you are not. try downloading the full version of this theme.
Jackzilla1

Postby Jackzilla1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:05 pm

ADH wrote:lol the svn version is only for the latest FoFiX alpha... It will not work with the latest release. that is why they are in .jpg format. The alpha versions of FoFiX support .jpg images. if you are using alpha then update. if you are not. try downloading the full version of this theme.

I am running FoFiX From SVN to keep it updated, But I dont have alpha. Is there an alpha version of fofix i can Download?
COLOR CANCELED THEME

thebocaj wrote:I'm gonna call you Oo Cneetee from now on, as I couldn't see the black letters in that link at first.

worldrave

Postby worldrave » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:26 pm

You would just use the SVN of FoFiX. Follow the directions on the fofix google site (or link in my sign).
Jackzilla1

Postby Jackzilla1 » Fri Nov 20, 2009 10:33 pm

worldrave wrote:You would just use the SVN of FoFiX. Follow the directions on the fofix google site (or link in my sign).

Ok. Thanks.
COLOR CANCELED THEME

I own GH III for PC
myfretsarefrozen

Postby myfretsarefrozen » Sat Nov 21, 2009 2:07 am

Heres a screenshot of me playing Guitar Hero III PC to help your theme.
spooky0815

Postby spooky0815 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 4:13 pm

Hey,

I use the current version of this perfect theme and have a little problem. There is a bug regarding to the background graphic in song directories with many list items (about 50 titles and more). Here the "....\Frets on Fire\data\themes\Guitar Hero III\menu\songchoosepaper.png" ends and so the background is black. There's no "picture-loop" like in other themes.

Is this a known bug or can anyone send me a little hint. I tried to find a solution with the search function of this forum - but without success :-(

Thanks for your help.

spooky0815
I like pointy things
Roryos01

Postby Roryos01 » Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:35 pm

myfretsarefrozen wrote:Heres a screenshot of me playing Guitar Hero III PC to help your theme.

I'm not sure he needs them anymore, he's had the gh3 theme for so long now
GH2
GH:WT Drum
RockBand Hero
HL2
GH5 Drum
DJ Hero

get the SUPER EPIC HOTDOG FRETS+ from here!...Kingdom hearts frets+notes+hitflame guitar only...Coraline Button notes (an acquired taste...)
It's not that I don't want to make those collapse sig look nice, I just can't be bothered...

Spoiler:

death_au wrote:
jfosheezy wrote:fly doodle

*snickers*

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Nov 29, 2009 8:45 pm

spooky0815 wrote:Hey,

I use the current version of this perfect theme and have a little problem. There is a bug regarding to the background graphic in song directories with many list items (about 50 titles and more). Here the "....\Frets on Fire\data\themes\Guitar Hero III\menu\songchoosepaper.png" ends and so the background is black. There's no "picture-loop" like in other themes.

Is this a known bug or can anyone send me a little hint. I tried to find a solution with the search function of this forum - but without success :-(

Thanks for your help.

spooky0815

Known bug with the current method for a scrollable background. This should be fixed in FoFiX 4.0.0 (which is still quite a while away)
spooky0815

Postby spooky0815 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:08 am

Hey,

Known bug with the current method for a scrollable background. This should be fixed in FoFiX 4.0.0 (which is still quite a while away)

Oh - thanks for the information. Do you have a link for the list of known theme bugs (or a special file in the SVN repo)? :rolleyes:

Another quester regarding the background. I try to extend the original songchoosepaper.png via GIMP and replace the modded file in the directory (...keep is simple stupid :blink: ). Also without success. I think there a special parameter in the theme.ini for adapting the parameters of the background image, maybe somewhere here:

Code: Select all

song_info_display_scale = 0.0027
song_info_display_X = 0.13
song_info_display_Y = 0.13
song_list_x = .225
song_listscore_x = .685
song_name_selected_color = #af6801
song_name_text_color = #372009
song_select_submenu_offset_lines = 3
song_select_submenu_offset_spaces = 1
song_select_submenu_x = .142
song_select_submenu_y = -.01

But I need more information about the syntax of these lines. Do you have a documentation or sth. else for the parameters. Or do you know the right parameter for adjusting the background image length? :confused:

By the way, some image editing software told me, that the songchoosepaper.png is not a valid png-file - Bug or really special image format for FoF??

Thanks a lot,

spooky0815
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Mon Nov 30, 2009 3:53 pm

spooky0815 wrote:Do you have a link for the list of known theme bugs (or a special file in the SVN repo)? :rolleyes:

http://code.google.com/p/fofix/issues/list

spooky0815 wrote:...I need more information about the syntax of these lines. Do you have a documentation or sth. else for the parameters. Or do you know the right parameter for adjusting the background image length? :confused:

http://code.google.com/p/fofix/wiki/ThemeFileSettings

spooky0815 wrote:By the way, some image editing software told me, that the songchoosepaper.png is not a valid png-file - Bug or really special image format for FoF??

Thanks a lot,

spooky0815

All of those files open up fine for me in Photoshop and I think even MS Paint, PNG isn't a FoF(or actually FoFiX) specific file type.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

spooky0815

Postby spooky0815 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 4:06 pm

Hello,

Wow - perfekt! Thanks for the stuff :woot:

I'll try to find a solution...

so long... spooky0815

---- EDIT ----

Hello again,

I changed the value:

songback = True

of the theme.ini into "False" ...

It works - now the background is static - but much more better than the original version with the "losing background image".

Thanks again - perfekt forum support :2thumbsup:

spooky0815
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Dec 01, 2009 4:15 pm

If your using the SVN of this theme, you need to be also using the FoFiX SVN. The new images i made are in compliance to the newer feature that i believe was Akedrou that added, which was a better approach to a beginning image, repeating image, and ending image. Which is the only theme to my knowledge that supports this feature. So a lot of people aren't as aware of it, but was added in newer FoFiX svn updates. But does work, and is an endless approach finally, no matter how long your list is.

Return to “FoFiX”