Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Simograndi

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX 4.0.0+]=-

Postby Simograndi » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:05 am

I understand seen the work it took that you want to use it, I was just suggesting to come back to the old one for the stable release, so that there are no problems with setlist, while for SVN using it wainting for someone to improve it :smile:
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Oct 06, 2009 11:50 am

Well, i am pretty open minded. Akedrou said he has something in the works though now that will solve this problem. A very cool solution. This is very good news!!!
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Oct 06, 2009 4:08 pm

akedrou wrote: If your theme uses List or List/CD, the graphics now feature a header, repeating middle, and footer.
All setlist graphics should be in the folder "setlist" under the main folder.

:2thumbsup:
but akedrou also wrote:As of right now (r1920), all sorts of things in the game will be weird and/or broken. This is normal and expected. From now until I say so again, especially do not expect any of the song-choosing activities in the development/SVN copy to function as planned.

So be warned :tongue:
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Oct 07, 2009 12:32 am

I've remade new images for the changes recently made in code by Akedrou for the scrolling background setlist image. IT'S NOT DONE YET of course, i just need a little bit more time to fine tune it. But now it's finally FOREVER now, AND no matter what resolution your in. YAY!!!
The photoshop guru
jalvarado

Postby jalvarado » Wed Oct 07, 2009 5:36 pm

worldrave wrote:I've remade new images for the changes recently made in code by Akedrou for the scrolling background setlist image. IT'S NOT DONE YET of course, i just need a little bit more time to fine tune it. But now it's finally FOREVER now, AND no matter what resolution your in. YAY!!!

Great I've been waiting for this for quite a while now. Everytime I tried to play a long career (e.g. PH3) I would run out of backround.
Thursday 9/24/09 my house caught on fire. Meaning, no computer or Xbox or Fofix.. Yep, it sucks.(I still play at work tho)
djizzy619

Postby djizzy619 » Mon Oct 19, 2009 10:58 pm

Theres some things you need to fix (That I fixed for myself). You need to change all the JPEG images to PNG.
Uh huhuhuhuhuhuh!
crushedsoul1298

Postby crushedsoul1298 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:18 pm

i thought jpeg support has been put in but its in an early stage...
Bite me.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Fri Oct 23, 2009 4:30 pm

that is true. jpg support hhas been added, and other format as weel. some users are running behind with news i guess. it happens. so yeah, your *fix request isnt needed at all.
Uh huhuhuhuhuhuh!
crushedsoul1298

Postby crushedsoul1298 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 10:40 am

what other formats? like .gif??? :drool:

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

Bite me.

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Oct 24, 2009 5:18 pm

crushedsoul1298 wrote:what other formats? like .gif??? :drool:

Yes, but no.

Yes the alphas now support .gifs (among many other formats) but no, they do not support .gif animations.
Besides, who wants a limit of 256 colours?
There will also be support in the not too distant future for videos, and small animations (groups of pictures in supported format).
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sat Oct 24, 2009 6:34 pm

Yeah I wish they would release APNG already, it's kinda of like how fofix handles animation currently but it does it in one file.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Uh huhuhuhuhuhuh!
crushedsoul1298

Postby crushedsoul1298 » Sat Oct 24, 2009 7:04 pm

gif is only in 256?!? i dont know that much about them sept they moved...
id like video more, or webcam since it would give the look of a split screen video for youtube :p

Bite me.

Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Oct 25, 2009 5:57 am

crushedsoul1298 wrote:gif is only in 256?!? i dont know that much about them sept they moved...
id like video more, or webcam since it would give the look of a split screen video for youtube :p

Yeah, if you open up sprite animation frames in photoshop and save them as a gif the colors go totally off.

This is an APNG(you should probably use firefox to view it) but I haven't seen much support for it yet(though I haven't looked into it for awhile):

It even has transparency which gif doesn't support. This is how it works:
The first frame of an APNG file is stored as a normal PNG stream, and so most old PNG decoders will be able to display the first frame of an APNG file. The frame speed data and extra animation frames are stored in extra chunks (as provided for by the original PNG specification).

.:Edit:.
Turns out there are programs that can make them now :).

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:17 pm

Ambiguity wrote:Image

I would wager if you tried to use APNGs in FoFiX they would work as regular PNGs and show only the first frame. The images we support are only what the python imaging library (PIL)
module we use supports.
As mentioned earlier, support for videos and small animations using groups of PNGs (or other images) is coming in the not-too-distant future.
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Sun Oct 25, 2009 7:30 pm

death_au wrote:
Ambiguity wrote:Image

I would wager if you tried to use APNGs in FoFiX they would work as regular PNGs and show only the first frame. The images we support are only what the python imaging library (PIL)
module we use supports.
As mentioned earlier, support for videos and small animations using groups of PNGs (or other images) is coming in the not-too-distant future.

Doesn't Jjstump say "never say there is something python can't do"? Lol.

Return to “FoFiX”