Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Uh huhuhuhuhuhuh!
crushedsoul1298

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX 3.120+]=-

Postby crushedsoul1298 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 3:05 pm

ok thank you so muxh for makin me lose my confusion

FAKE EDIT: idc about how many posts i make :D
Bite me.
max26199

Postby max26199 » Tue Sep 22, 2009 5:49 pm

Here's a list of jpg files that are mislabeled as png, fofix r1893 should support loading jpg files directly:

Code: Select all

lobby/Lobby.png
menu/songchoosepaper.png
stages/default.png
stages/Stage10.png
stages/Stage11.png
stages/Stage12.png
stages/Stage13.png
stages/Stage14.png
stages/Stage15.png
stages/Stage16.png
stages/Stage17.png
stages/Stage2.png
stages/Stage3.png
stages/Stage4.png
stages/Stage6.png
stages/Stage7.png
stages/Stage8.png
stages/Stage9.png
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:34 pm

"ding-ding ding, we got a winner!! what do we got for him Johnny?".. JUST kidding. but seriously, this been mentioned a lot with what is supported. These arent actually mislabeled, but changed the extension only so fof can see them. jpg format is, of course, supported in code but the implementation of the extension isn't. a lot of themes use jpg with the changed extension to save on space when it comes to images not using a transparent layer. Its been in the issue tracker for a LONG time, and in time it will get included to look for additional extensions so we can use them directly without havin to renam the extension to use them.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Sep 22, 2009 6:45 pm

worldrave wrote:"ding-ding ding, we got a winner!! what do we got for him Johnny?".. JUST kidding. but seriously, this been mentioned a lot with what is supported. These arent actually mislabeled, but changed the extension only so fof can see them. jpg format is, of course, supported in code but the implementation of the extension isn't. a lot of themes use jpg with the changed extension to save on space when it comes to images not using a transparent layer. Its been in the issue tracker for a LONG time, and in time it will get included to look for additional extensions so we can use them directly without havin to renam the extension to use them.

You misunderstand. Max just added support for JPEGs to be used natively. In the latest revision you can rename them to .jpg and they'll still work.
EDIT: And by latest revision, I do NOT mean 3.120 Final. Just to make that clear for anyone at home who goes to try this. (r1893 is where it's at)
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Sep 22, 2009 10:59 pm

Yeah, that function support wasn't committed until within an hour before i posted that though. I didn't see that COMMIT until i got home from work (posted that message from my phone.) Was kind of scary to read that though, of all timing. Plus i can't make those changes or everyone that's not using 4.0.0 SVN will get error's thrown at them. Course i might leave the 2 downloads there as-is for normal playing, and change the SVN to 4.0.0, since the downloads i made were as close to the end of 3.120 anyway.

Edit-Fixed the SVN password stuff. xp-dev.com restructured quite a bit, and in the process they put "Public" off by default. All workie-good again :thumbup:
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX 4.0.0+]=-

Postby evilbobthebob » Wed Sep 23, 2009 4:13 am

Great! I guess this theme will be the best one to use for full (or at least most)-feature alpha testing, seeing as it should keep reasonably up to date with the 4.0.0 revisions :smile:
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

kamehameha123

Postby kamehameha123 » Mon Sep 28, 2009 5:33 am

how do u put the mod on fof ?
Gimme a literocola.
Ambiguity

Postby Ambiguity » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:06 pm

kamehameha123 wrote:how do u put the mod on fof ?

You can only put it on FoFiX not FoF.

T3HM3T4L:I've tried to sign up for Rock Band but they just won't allow me. They keep complaining I have to 'be over 18' while I've already been 18 for over half a year, and a sign up where I noted I was born in the '50s STILL GAVE ME THAT MESSAGE

So if anyone could help me get these templates, I'd very much appreciate it. I need it to edit notes and stuff for my Rock Band 2.

aander91:Sorry, but that'd be providing for minors, which is illegal.

T3HM3T4L:But I'm 18 years old... ?

aander91:Nope. Sorry.

T3HM3T4L:Nono, you're getting me wrong, I was asking how come I am still considered a minor?

aander91:Look, we can't just go out giving these things away to people who just say they're over 18 and show no proof, we'd be out of a job.

T3HM3T4L:Nevermind, I'll use EoF for it, I found the way I could use it for that.

Italian Fretter
dante94

Postby dante94 » Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:26 am

scrolling down the setlist, it becomes black... why?
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:46 pm

Because the image isn't long enough, basically.
The system used to make the scrolling setlist is flawed. Worldrave has done ak with what's there.
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:55 pm

I'd like to add to this. It is flawed, but the efforts and attempts made by the person coding it deserves an A+!!! It wasn't easy at all to get it right. Mostly though, if you are using a normal setlist of most all the GH and RB games, and using a resolution of anything less then 1280x1024, you SHOULD not get this problem. At least everyone i asked isn't. I notice it myself be a little off from the beginning using 1280x1024, and resolutions higher then that get much worse with black toward the end. The person that did that (QStick, originally added by Evilynux) said it was already a major **** with calculations as it is JUST to end up with what we got, which is most case's is good enough for the most part.
But yeah, i did notice it mostly is working fine as long as your using a normal setlist (IE- not some huge song selection) and using anything lower then 1280x1024 it doesn't seem to show the same problem. Try it out at least. And i almost 80% sure i already tried making it longer using the newer coding, but still messed up. I believe it messed up the start of the page or something like that when making it longer yet. I could be wrong.
Simograndi

Postby Simograndi » Mon Oct 05, 2009 7:18 am

But seen that the setlist code still doesn't work, why not to use old songchoosepaper (the short one)? It worked fine at least... :confused: Then when the code for setlist 'll be changed according to project probably this could be fixed and we'll finally have a perfect GH3 one
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:28 pm

Well, honestly because i spent SO much time making that, and being one of the only theme's (if THE only) one utilizing it, i figured it won't hurt anyway to use it now. Being only few cases it will do this, and not the majority. The majority wins usually.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Mon Oct 05, 2009 9:44 pm

Speaking of the scrolling background thing... From memory it's possible to put a static background behind the scrolling one (I can't remember what names to use off the top of my head EDIT: it's "songchooseback.png"). So perhaps one could cut a 1280x1024 (or similar size) chunk from the bottom of the setlist image and use that behind it. (EDIT: Better yet, one without the albums etc attached to it). So when you run out of paper, you get the static background instead.
Far from perfect, there'll still be a cut at the bottom of the long setlist paper, and I somehow doubt it would blend nicely with the static background, but it's gotta be better than black for now, right?
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:57 pm

I definitely tried that originally, and wasn't too pretty. I'll play around with it some more though and see what kind of magic i can put together.

Return to “FoFiX”