Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 2 months and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
User avatar
Thallos
Member
Posts: 3
Joined: January 25th, 2009
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Thallos » Tue Mar 17, 2009 7:12 pm

Why would I put all the full release files into the GH3 folder? And even if I did, I would overwrite the files anyways.
PiePerson
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: August 25th, 2008
Location: Between a rock and a hard place
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby PiePerson » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:17 pm

Uh, what the heck? I was using KID's RB2 theme, then I went to svn update all my themes, and noticed that GH3 had an update. So I switch out to see any noticeable differences, and....

Spoiler:Image



Wtf?
Image
User avatar
worldrave
Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: August 8th, 2007
Location: GA
Reputation: 0

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby worldrave » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:34 pm

Just to make sure, Are you using the newest FoFiX SVN? It was working fine for me as of today. Since i am making changes to FoFiX SVN almost regularly now, my theme SVN will be in sync with FoFiX SVN. Due to it's nature, when i make a change in FoFiX SVN's code, and modify my theme's SVN changes to work with it. Using my SVN will only work if using the FoFiX SVN. Otherwise, you will need to wait for the next full release, which will be when the next version (beta or full) of FoFiX comes out, since they go together.
More and more stuff i do since weeks ago, require code to get further as this point of GH3 theme, which is why i have been coding stuff since then, as well as when others also code stuff as well to help me progress. So when stuff is done, and i make changes to my SVN theme to reflect, if your trying to use this svn, without the required FoFiX svn, it won't work.I'm hoping this will create more incentive to jumping on the bandwagon and also start using the FoFiX SVN as well, it helps the coders fix bugs found as they come. Plus it's always nice to be always updated with the latest. And it's not difficult at all to setup if you follow instructions, or if using the python2.4 install (pretty much self-installs, with the newer python DB module now needed for player section).
PiePerson
Member
Posts: 44
Joined: August 25th, 2008
Location: Between a rock and a hard place
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby PiePerson » Tue Mar 17, 2009 8:54 pm

Well, I just download the latest version of FoFiX, and I don't use the svn version. But I probably will make the switch, now that you mention it...
Kool, works like a charm.
Image
User avatar
worldrave
Member
Posts: 1363
Joined: August 8th, 2007
Location: GA
Reputation: 0

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby worldrave » Tue Mar 17, 2009 9:50 pm

Nice. You will be glad you did. Good job also.
Blue Heaven!
User avatar
death_au
Member
Posts: 3991
Joined: December 12th, 2007
Location: Australia
Reputation: 7
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby death_au » Tue Mar 17, 2009 11:46 pm

Thallos wrote:Why would I put all the full release files into the GH3 folder? And even if I did, I would overwrite the files anyways.

My point was that the "patch" does not include all the necessary files, and I would guess that is the most likely reason why the theme wouldn't be appearing in the list.

So, from the first post of this thread, download "WorldRave's GH3 Full Release 3.0", and put that in your "themes" folder first, then download the "GH3 Hotfix 3.20" and copy the files from that into the same folder. It will overwrite some of the full release's files with the newer versions.
Rocker/Modder
User avatar
Cleanmonk
Member
Posts: 376
Joined: May 31st, 2008
Location: St.Louis, Missouri
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Cleanmonk » Wed Mar 18, 2009 10:42 am

Cleanmonk wrote:dont know if you would think its useful or not, but the font in the gh3 logo (not nightmare hero Xp)
http://new.myfonts.com/fonts/device/heretic/condensed/
User avatar
Kanzleramt
Member
Posts: 245
Joined: September 1st, 2007
Location: germanski
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Kanzleramt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:45 am

got a question if i want to play multiplayer and i give the path to the song direction always get kiked back to main menu why ? the only thing i can do is play in career modus any idea ?
Image
User avatar
Hiasl
Member
Posts: 403
Joined: July 20th, 2008
Location: Austria
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Hiasl » Fri Mar 20, 2009 6:58 am

I had the same some time ago, but I don't now anymore how I fixed it. Install a new Full Release.
Last edited by Hiasl on Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
¬GaSp⌐
User avatar
Co2Noss
Member
Posts: 76
Joined: February 1st, 2008
Location: Millersville, PA
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Co2Noss » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:16 am

Kanzleramt wrote:got a question if i want to play multiplayer and i give the path to the song direction always get kiked back to main menu why ? the only thing i can do is play in career modus any idea ?

are you using the latest SVN? I noticed that it kicks you to the main menu while it loads the character creation screen "lobby" for GH3
Image
User avatar
Kanzleramt
Member
Posts: 245
Joined: September 1st, 2007
Location: germanski
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Kanzleramt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:28 am

Co2Noss wrote:
Kanzleramt wrote:got a question if i want to play multiplayer and i give the path to the song direction always get kiked back to main menu why ? the only thing i can do is play in career modus any idea ?

are you using the latest SVN? I noticed that it kicks you to the main menu while it loads the character creation screen "lobby" for GH3


aha ok dont know about SVN were can i get it ?
Image
DRUMZZZ!
User avatar
Typhus
Member
Posts: 1423
Joined: December 29th, 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Typhus » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:18 am

Just click here...

BTW, Worldrave, thank you for you're last revision with the new stuff. It's really great!!! :2thumbsup:

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
User avatar
Kanzleramt
Member
Posts: 245
Joined: September 1st, 2007
Location: germanski
Reputation: 0
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Kanzleramt » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:43 am

Typhus wrote:Just click here...

BTW, Worldrave, thank you for you're last revision with the new stuff. It's really great!!! :2thumbsup:


wow nice help thx u very much m8 ;) can i use the SVN URL for all themes ? or only for GHWT ? ihave done it like in the How to is written but nothing happens ! :crying:
now its working great ! ihave to delete the fof ini ;)

Thx @ all
and thx for this nice MOD :thumbup: :2thumbsup:
Image
User avatar
Simograndi
Member
Posts: 80
Joined: March 24th, 2008
Location: Asti - Italy
Reputation: 0

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Simograndi » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:29 am

Hi Worldrave, Im' using latest releases of fofix alpha (1220) and your theme (44) and I have this issue in setlist... I know that being an aplha it's as far as from something full working, so I just wanted to know if you're having this behaviour too seen that often in the past there were many problems due to different screen resolutions (I ussually play at 1280x768 or 1280x800) and no one seems having noticed this. BTW improvements by a month so far in this game are quite unbelievable... this summer we'll probably play with microphones and 3d characters in fofix!! :tongue:

Image
DRUMZZZ!
User avatar
Typhus
Member
Posts: 1423
Joined: December 29th, 2008
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Reputation: 3
Contact:

Re: Guitar Hero III Theme 3.20 -=[For FoFiX 3.10+]=-

Postby Typhus » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:44 am

Kanzleramt wrote:wow nice help thx u very much m8 ;) can i use the SVN URL for all themes ? or only for GHWT ? ihave done it like in the How to is written but nothing happens ! :crying:
now its working great ! ihave to delete the fof ini ;)

Thx @ all
and thx for this nice MOD :thumbup: :2thumbsup:


You can use the SVN update system in all Themes that have a SVN url set up by the theme developer, of course, each theme has it's own url, you cannot use the same url for all themes. Right now, the themes that are updatable through SVN are:

RB2 (by K.i.D)
GHV - Metallica (by K.i.D)
GHIII (by Worldrave)
GHWT (by gamexprt1)

And, of course, all the themes that come with the FoFix updates.

Hasta!

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.

Return to “FoFiX”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 3 guests