Guitar Hero III Theme -=[For FoFiX]=-

Discussion particular to FoFiX, its development, and themes
Forum rules
This topic is 3 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
worldrave

Re: Worldrave's GH3 Theme 3.0 -=[For MFH Mod 3.0 Rev.353+]=-

Postby worldrave » Wed Nov 26, 2008 9:41 pm

That's been on the to-do list for a long time now already. Looking forward to seeing it get done also.
toby96x

Postby toby96x » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:16 pm

Just download the mod and the lastest patch for fofix, placed the guitar hero 3 mod, in the mod folder..

i run fofix and select guitar hero 3 mod yes. but it doesnt work, what have i done wrong?
JcFerggy

Postby JcFerggy » Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:23 pm

This is a theme, and it goes in the theme folder.
toby96x

Postby toby96x » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:13 am

thanks got it working now.

the only thing that doesnt work is the stars? any suggestions as to why?
(0) <-- The Eye
angellinus

Postby angellinus » Mon Dec 01, 2008 12:30 am

Wow nice theme there. When is the next download wip?
nautishko

Postby nautishko » Tue Dec 02, 2008 9:38 am

Hey guys,
I recently downloaded the GH3 mod for frets on fire and am very pleased with its performance. However, it appears that tap on and offs are not working. I've looked through the settings and have found nothing to indicate that this is something that is able to be turned on and off.
Any suggestions?

Cheers,
Jesse
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:43 pm

@angellinus
It might be soon. I haven't had much time to do anything the past week or so due to working crazy hours at work because of Black Friday. Here's is a list i have been keeping up with this time.

- Fixed single dark pixel on the outer side of pause screen
- Made a new loading screen from scratch, by hand
-- Removed the angels from my previous clean screen
-- Made a HQ angel
-- Duplicated 2 others and sized them accordingly.
- Fixed the main menu text.
-- single line pixel was showing due to needing to be shifted up 1 pixel.
- Modified the 'Difficulty Select' screens text positions using new theme settings added.
- Ripped all the real 'Loading Phrases' from the game now and replaced the old ones with all the ripped ones.

@nautishko
Are you talking about the HO/PO's? I haven't seen a single person post yet about having probelms, and since this is only a graphics mod, i'm not sure why you would be having those issues. Try grabbing the latest from the official FoFiX site and test again and see if your still having a problem. If so, give a song and area you are noticing this problem, and someone might be able to help narrow down the cause. I don't use HO/PO's ever, yes i just pick that much more, only because i don't honestly get to play much, since i am always mostly doing graphics work when i do work on it. Also why i haven't accomplished the HARD level 100%. No rest for the wicked i guess. :smile:

@ALL
Well, some great news, i just bought a really nice new resizer photoshop plugin that resizes images using a bunch of fancy algorithms to accomplish this with NO VISUAL distortion or artifacts caused. That's right. It was worth it, not for just this project but others i also work on, side work and also an XBMC theme as well (Back-Row), so it was definitely worth it. I already tried it on the note image on the streak meter, and tried 4 different methods to test-
1) Resized using standard Bicubic filtering.
2) Resized with mentioned example on PS Expert's forums tip's
--Resize no more then 5% in both directions, repeating until the desired size is reached (works the best excluding the new plugin i got.)
3) Resizing just one direction for least amount of distortion (i would say 2nd best method, excluding the new plugin.)
4) New PS4 plugin (Best lookiing with no visual quality difference!!!!!!)

So now i will be going back with any images i had to do any resizing on due to having to resize the image to work with FoF in general, and redo those. So those will look even better then before. A lot of it could have just been fixed by modifying the code to display the images, instead of changing the image dimensions to work, but didn't since it would break a number of other theme's GH related in the process unless they followed the same methods.
Also, the notes and keys are going to be redone yet again. This time redone from scratch, again, but using the plugin, and also warping properly since the older ones (good enough attempt at least.) were never looking THAT proper. FoF warps the image because of drawing 2d images overlayed on a 3d image, so certain warping needs to be done to offset this (some of you themer's know what i am talking about.)
I did hours of testing to try to find the closest match to offset. -
Adding a certain percentage in height (don't think this was actually ever done yet.) Then-

GREEN KEY______RED KEY_____YELLOW KEY_____BLUE KEY_____ORANGE KEY
Top Skewed___Top Skewed_______NOT________Top Skewed____Top Skewed
<--10.5px______<--4.5px_______Skewed________6.5px -->______8.5px -->

Notes also need similar skewing for offset also.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Tue Dec 02, 2008 7:35 pm

:blink: Talk about a perfectionist. (By the way, that's a compliment.) I could never have the patience to do what you're doing worldrave. Excellent work, and looking forward to the next version.
abloobloo
RedShadow

Postby RedShadow » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:37 pm

Amazing worldrave...
Waiting for the next release to see that big advance you done
and yeah... that might have taken a WHILE
gamexprt1

Postby gamexprt1 » Tue Dec 02, 2008 8:54 pm

Ooh, can't wait to get these new graphics to finally update my Sexy GHIII Mod.

Graphic Request Thread: viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24983
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:22 pm

Yeah, and thanks for the nice comments. I was beginning to wonder if i just needed to drop off a cliff, since no one seemed to respond or care about GH anymore, either that or everyone was just getting so used to the high lever bar i set at a minimum for quality work. I guess i'll continue this then. Still haven't had any time to finish the 2-3 screens left for my GH:A to release that. Works been crazy lately.

@gamexprt1
I'd like to have a chat with you via PM, publicly isn't the proper place.
Blue Heaven!
death_au

Postby death_au » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:44 am

worldrave wrote:Yeah, and thanks for the nice comments. I was beginning to wonder if i just needed to drop off a cliff, since no one seemed to respond or care about GH anymore, either that or everyone was just getting so used to the high lever bar i set at a minimum for quality work. I guess i'll continue this then. Still haven't had any time to finish the 2-3 screens left for my GH:A to release that. Works been crazy lately.

Oh yes, I've been looking forward to that one, too.
...despite the fact that I only ever use the GHIII theme from time to time, I do appreciate and admire all the work you put into it, as I'm sure a lot of people do. I guess maybe some of us were starting to take the theme for granted :tongue:
fasteddy

Postby fasteddy » Wed Dec 03, 2008 8:45 am

I just assumed you knew that this is pretty much everyone's goto theme. I think I have about 8 themes on the go, but I almost never switch away from your gh3 theme. It's just too good. The work that you and MFH/Alarian/et al. have done is amazing. Thanks!
worldrave

Postby worldrave » Wed Dec 03, 2008 10:30 am

Thanks guys. The means a lot to hear. Really.
Uncle Fester
slantyr

Postby slantyr » Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:13 pm

seriously, if you haven't noticed the almost all custom themes are based on 1 of 2 either yours or rb (mostly yours)

the contribution you have made (and continue to make) is huge, so don't get down.

i was feeling similarly about my theme until recetly (no one ever leaves a comment), but from now on i'm going to take it as a compliment. if people have nothing to say (criticise) i must be doing something right.

this is a great theme with near perfect graphics (i have gh3 pc so i would know), awsome work and can't wait to check out gh:a the screens i've seen so far look great :thumbup:

@gamexprt1, dude, was that necessary? -10 cool guy points :rolleyes:

Return to “FoFiX”