360 Strat - Spotty strum bar

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 12:13 am

So I've been using my 360 RB strat for a while now, and it has worked pretty well (no double strum problem or anything). But I have noticed that the downward strum recognition slowly gets worse as time goes on. I use the down strum 99% of the time, and I could tell that it was fairly worn out when I bought it used. Well, now it has reached the point where it is almost unplayable.

When I strum, the game thinks I've strummed 2 or 3 times, so I constantly lose my streak (Yesterday I finished a song with 97.7% and got 3 stars). When I go into the key tester in Xpadder, and just hold down the down strum, it just randomly cuts out. Every time I down strum, it flashes on or off 2 or 3 times.

Anyways, you get the picture. Is there any safe, reliable way that I can fix this? Is this a common, fixable hardware problem, or have I just completely worn out my guitar? I am not very handy with these things, but do you think I could open it up, tighten a few screws (or whatever), and get it back together without any major troubles?

Any help would be appreciated, thanks.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:33 am

WARNING READ ALL OF THIS BEFORE ATTEMPTING ANYTHING...

Yes! i think you could very easily open it up and adjust it to work again.. you will probably find there is some metal inbetween the trum bar and the actual button it hits, this has probably just bent a little so its not pushing down on the button properly, this can also be used to tighten or loosen your strum bar if it feels too sloppy or to rigid.
Now this is the dilemma.... To open the guitar you will have to remove some screws, one of those will probably be covered over by a sticker or label of somekind, if you remove that sticker you completely Void your warranty. So you have to think now.. yes its easy to adjust the strummer, but if its not the strummer its actually the button underneath thats faulty and you just opened your guitar, your basically f*cked you will not be able to send the guitar away to be repaired. If you dont open the guitar, you just send it away to get fixed under guarantee, you have to wait for it to come back fixed ( and there was allways the chance it could have just been the simple fix mentioned above... Your call, if its under warranty id say just send it away to get fixed if its not try repairing it yourself.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
mrhoeivo

Postby mrhoeivo » Fri Sep 19, 2008 7:59 pm

I bought it used from Gamestop, not from Harmonix, and I'm pretty sure I'm passed the return date there, so I'm considering opening it up.
dforce1945

Postby dforce1945 » Fri Sep 19, 2008 8:05 pm

Could you also fix a broken whammy bar if you open it.

Return to “Tech Support”