Xbox 360 Gibon Wireless Guitar and Double Strum

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Espionage724

Postby Espionage724 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:10 am

Looking for the best way to fix this problem. Anyone know of a way to fix it withouht Xpadder or Joy2Key (or any joy to key program)? Like maybe a driver or a tweak or something?
Server Administrator of Realm of Espionage
REA

Postby REA » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:16 am

no way. there are ABSOLUTLY NO drivers for 360 controlers (they arent suposed to be used with a computer). i suggest GlovePIE.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 11:15 am

REA wrote:no way. there are ABSOLUTLY NO drivers for 360 controlers (they arent suposed to be used with a computer). i suggest GlovePIE.

WTF are you talking about. I have a set of XBOX360 controller drivers. i DL them from the microsoft site same as millions of other users that use the Xplorer guitar have done too. and just to point out. The guitar you get with the PC version of GH its an Xplorer ( it even still has the xbox button on the guitar ) and when oyu plug it in, like ALLWAYS it goes of to microsoft and tried to download the Xbox controller drivers as soon as you plug it in. and they are the same drivers that you use if you wanted to plug a normal 360 joypad into a pc, all xbox controllers are ran from one set of microsoft drivers.

To the original poster... i presume you allready have the xbox drivers other wise the guitar wouldnt be working at all. regardin the double strum problem. its down to how the computer reads the inputs of the strummer being pressed, on some computers that seems to be a problem. the only wayyou can fix it is with using something like xpadder or joy2key as what that does is map the joystick buttons to keyboard inputs, making it easier for your computer to read those inputs.. but no there isnt another driver or a tweak ( xpadder and joy2key are considered to be THAT WEAK ) and glove pie.?? is more for wii guitars not xbox guitars, so i wouldnt hold much faith in that working...
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
kcarruthers

Postby kcarruthers » Wed Sep 10, 2008 1:42 pm

I dont get why Guitar Zero works with Double Strumming but FOF doesnt.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:08 pm

kcarruthers wrote:I dont get why Guitar Zero works with Double Strumming but FOF doesnt.

Becasue GZ probably reads the guitar inputs slightly different. its not that hard to understand is it ???
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
kcarruthers

Postby kcarruthers » Wed Sep 10, 2008 8:12 pm

So why can't somebody mod FOF to make it the same?
The cool one :D
amantonas

Postby amantonas » Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 pm

because!
1.)It's built from python. GZ is NOT

2.)People dont want to do it because its such an easy fix, and its probably not easy to mod fof just so noobs like you dont have to read the stickies.
Last edited by amantonas on Wed Sep 10, 2008 9:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
kcarruthers

Postby kcarruthers » Wed Sep 10, 2008 10:50 pm

Just explain, dont call me a noob

I cant use xpadder or joy2key because they recognize my controllers but I cant map them
Silencer

Postby Silencer » Thu Sep 11, 2008 2:06 pm

kcarruthers wrote:Just explain, dont call me a noob

I cant use xpadder or joy2key because they recognize my controllers but I cant map them

Then you're not doing it right.

I use Joy2Key, and I don't have to map the controller to anything, just specify what keys I want it to use. Not in any place to elaborate right now, but I will later.

Return to “Tech Support”