Updating Graphics Drivers - how-to

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
metares

Postby metares » Mon Jan 21, 2008 6:50 am

What about Windows Vista?
LethalChase

Postby LethalChase » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:21 pm

BlackFate wrote:
LethalChase wrote:Those are the requirements..
Do i have to have ALL of them?

Lol, those are all the on board graphics that the update supports. So no, you dont need all of them XD.

Mike.

Then why does it say i have the minimum requirements?
mexicankid16

Postby mexicankid16 » Mon Jan 21, 2008 8:48 pm

i no this is off topic but i hace a problem with the song an video timing,the notes come earlier then the actual guitar part in w/e song im playing any help?is there a mod to fix this?plz messege me with anser!!!
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Tue Jan 22, 2008 6:35 am

LethalChase wrote:Then why does it say i have the minimum requirements?

Because you have the minimum requirements?

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
LethalChase

Postby LethalChase » Tue Jan 22, 2008 5:44 pm

BlackFate wrote:
LethalChase wrote:Then why does it say i have the minimum requirements?

Because you have the minimum requirements?

Mike.

Then what do i do your the genius im the noob ._.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Jan 23, 2008 12:31 pm

By a new graphix card or a new computer. Basically its telling you your computer or your graphix card just isnt good enough! sorry!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
GuitarQueer_O

Postby GuitarQueer_O » Wed Jan 23, 2008 9:23 pm

I REALLY want to download a new graphics card for my AMD Athlon MMX Processor. I don't know which one to download and which graphics card will work on FOF. I need HELP!
SwordFox

Postby SwordFox » Thu Feb 07, 2008 4:57 am

I'm running into Stack Underflow and I've got Trident Cyberblade XP graphics for my HP laptop. I did a search and the last available driver is from 2003. Is this too old to play FoF?

If it is I could always just play FoF on my desktop.
h7u9i

Postby h7u9i » Thu Feb 07, 2008 8:33 pm

So I have Intel® 945GZ Express Chipset as my Graphics Driver. Can I update this or is this the latest one?

Thanks,
~h7

^_^
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:41 am

ok 3 answers in one here!!!

first of all , FIND out what card you have, to do this right click on your desktop and choose Properties, then choose the DISPLAY SETTINGS tab, it should say the name of the card in the little box. Now onto the problem solving!

@GuitarQueer_O.. What the hell are you talking about??how are you gonna download a graphix card? ITs a big circuit board that goes in your computer. The short answer is ANY graphix card should work , as long as it has enough memory and you can DOWNLOAD GRAPHICS DRIVERS ( not graphics cards) which know about the stuff that FOF uses! You allready have a graphics card other wise you wouldnt see anything on your computer.. so go find out what it is then go to the manufacturers website to se if theres any drivers available!

@SwordFox theres an easy way to find out if the drivers will work, download them! If you only have the stock drivers that came with the card at least updating the drivers to the 2003 drivers should help your computer in some way!!

@h7u9i Why are you asking us if you can update this? have you not gone to the website and looked for yourself?? Coz thats what we would have to do, so why the hell should we look when you could do it yourself! Dont be so lazy.. BTW ALL graphics, sound and mother boards can be updated, it just depends how old the drivers are, but they can still be updated from the stock drivers. So go look and find out!

Now thats taken care of, im going for a coffee! behave youselves or you will all go in the " time out" corner :D
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
kaiba1234

Postby kaiba1234 » Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:25 pm

Here's one for Vista...run windows update and thats it :laugh:
Last edited by kaiba1234 on Wed Feb 13, 2008 7:26 pm, edited 1 time in total.
rpr

Postby rpr » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:13 pm

Sort of on topic, I switched from an ATI 9600 to an Nvidia 6200, and now the FoF graphics are all screwy. That is with the latest Nvidia drivers, on XP. Someone else posted in another thread that he had the same problem (he had a screenshot that showed the same issue I have) but he said just clicking in the FoF screen with the mouse fixed it. That doesn't work for me...I guess I'll be going back to ATI if I can't get it working.

The only reason I switched it is because I installed GH3 for PC, and it lags a LOT, I thought it might be the card.

Tom
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:18 pm

FOF version?
Color Quality set to 32bit? (Desktop > Right Click > Properties > Settings > Color Quality)

Mike.
rpr

Postby rpr » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:20 pm

I got the same effect with Hering's compilation, latest FoF from Sourceforge, and GH3mod. I'm 99.99% sure it is set to 32bit. It's one of the first things I check after the resolution.
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:21 pm

rpr wrote:latest FoF from Sourceforge

Latest FOF = Worst FOF (full of bugs) therefore it is recommended that you do this-

If you have a load of songs already and dont want to delete them, then move them out of the folder before you do this.

Delete your current fof,
Delete your fretsonfire.ini, and the fretsonfire text document (Start > Run > %appdata%/fretsonfire/)
Download this (full playable release of 1.2.451 with RF-Mod)- https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....id97231
If you dragged your songs folder out, drag it into this,

I believe this is the topic you are referring to?
https://www.fretsonfire.org/cgi-bin....d164624

Mike.
Last edited by BlackFate on Thu Feb 14, 2008 4:25 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tech Support”