Updating Graphics Drivers - how-to

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 14 years and 8 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Mass Effect FTW :)
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:22 am

BooMaaN wrote:ok thanks, but i still have to be a member to upgrade >.<

Meh, just search for drivers for it on google :p .

Mike.
Songs Finished: 82,
Metallica - Papa Roach - Disturbed - Bloodhound Gang
BooMaaN

Postby BooMaaN » Tue Nov 13, 2007 9:44 am

tnks for all ur help
Mate, Feed, Kill, Repeat!
ExiledFromHell

Postby ExiledFromHell » Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:20 am

I don't know what my graphics driver is and I wanna find out, help.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=819hg5z&s=1
http://i16.tinypic.com/819hg5z.png
both the links are the same
Last edited by ExiledFromHell on Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:20 am, edited 1 time in total.
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:08 am

ExiledFromHell wrote:I don't know what my graphics driver is and I wanna find out, help.
http://tinypic.com/view.php?pic=819hg5z&s=1
http://i16.tinypic.com/819hg5z.png
both the links are the same

From your pic I can see that you have on-board graphics, it's the SiS 760.

Mike.
ExiledFromHell

Postby ExiledFromHell » Fri Nov 30, 2007 8:34 pm

I figured that out, but...I recently figured out, i'm totally clueless in updating this, because I think it automatically updates without notifying me at all.

Oh and another question, How do I apply a new graphics driver, like if i download Direct X or something, it's not "applied" to my computer, its just....there....
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:18 pm

if you download direct x you still have to run it to make it do something, just downloading alone isnt enough to make it work, ( its the same as any other file in the world) you cant expect to Download a .rar file of a song and say " well i downloaded it but its not doing anything" To make Direct x " apply" as you call it ( others might call it INSTALL) just run the direct x program you downloaded.
BTW direct X isnt a graphix driver its a graphix language. Like Open GL. Oh and vary rarely does a graphix card go and update itself. in the last ten years ive never had a graphix card that would go and update its own drivers, in fact i dont think ive ever had a peice of hardware ever go and update itself.
When it comes to updating your graphix drivers ( not direct x ) all you have to do is download it then run it, and it will do it all for you ( but you DO have to run it)
Last edited by nobby76 on Mon Dec 03, 2007 1:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Silverone43

Postby Silverone43 » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:59 pm

easiet way to determine all ur comp specs like processor, ram, and graphic card model and specs is go to the start menu-->run and type in DxDiag if a window pops up just click yes and then another window will pop up on that one click the Display tab at the top and ull have ur Graphics card info. Alot of the manufacterers have ActiveX that determine the type u have for u now hope this helps :)
davyjones

Postby davyjones » Sat Dec 29, 2007 6:51 pm

I tried to update my graphic drivers but all i got was:

Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

So, is it that my computer is just to crappy?

700 MHz
384 Mbit RAM
Nvidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 400
blackshadeV

Postby blackshadeV » Fri Jan 11, 2008 9:52 am

btw.
if you cant find them on the site of the company you can google it like this:
"download driver (graphic card) (name of company from the graphic card)".
for instance "download driver geforce 6200 Nvidia"
sorry for my bad english :(
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Jan 11, 2008 10:48 am

davyjones wrote:I tried to update my graphic drivers but all i got was:

Your PC currently has the latest driver installed for your GPU. No driver update is necessary at this time.

So, is it that my computer is just to crappy?

700 MHz
384 Mbit RAM
Nvidia GeForce 2 MX/MX 400

Id say yes! A GEforce 2 is really old, really really old. If you cant get new drivers for it then you are stuck im afraid.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
RaiDK

Postby RaiDK » Sat Jan 12, 2008 8:38 am

Anyone experiencing any weird graphical glitches after updating to the latest Catalyst 7.12 drivers? Notably CDs displaying 'shimmery' and everything going haywire when you press the caps lock O_o
mattberry

Postby mattberry » Sun Jan 13, 2008 6:40 am

mmsven wrote:So heres something for the many people who are having problems concerning their graphics and need an update.

First find out which company made your graphics card, look on the box or ask someone to find out, then go to the official site and download the newest graphics drivers available. At this point your going to want to set up a restore point incase something goes wrong, click the start button and go to "Help and support" then click "Undo changes to your computer with System Restore" and create the restore point. Now uninstall the current graphics drivers you are using in Control panel/Add or remove programs, restart your computer. You will notice that you are running at a low resolution and graphics load slow after that, this is normal. Now disable your firewall and install the new graphics drivers, then restart again. Now your graphics will run superb but you have to check one thing, go to your System properties/Hardware/Device manager, you should see a Display adapters device, if there is more then one display adapter in it you should disable the one you don't want. Now games and everything should run good.

I'm pretty sure I didn't miss anything. I'm using Windows XP, If theres a different process for other O/S then please post it here.

k well i did that so my game wouldnt lagg but i already have the latest driver is there anything else i can do just private message me if u can help im tired of reading all htese forums i just want to play
Matthew Berry
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sat Jan 19, 2008 10:08 pm

lazy lazy lazy. every one else has to look for them selves. And if your drivers are up to date, and you still have the prob, then id say your kinda stuck. You have tried lowering your graphics setting havnt you? like changing the resolution or how many effects you have turned on? you should have tried that before even attempting to update drivers.
LethalChase

Postby LethalChase » Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:39 pm

Ok i downloaded it but it says my system has the the minimum requirements for this update, Intel® 945G Express Chipset
* Intel® 945GZ Express Chipset
* Intel® 946GZ Express Chipset
* Intel® G33 Express Chipset
* Intel® G35 Express Chipset
* Intel® G965 Express Chipset
* Intel® Q33 Express Chipset
* Intel® Q35 Express Chipset
* Intel® Q963 Express Chipset
* Intel® Q965 Express Chipset
* Mobile Intel® 940GML Express Chipset
* Mobile Intel® 943GML Express Chipset
* Mobile Intel® 945GM Express Chipset
* Mobile Intel® 945GME Express Chipset
* Mobile Intel® 945GMS Express Chipset
* Mobile Intel® GL960 Express Chipset
* Mobile Intel® GLE960 Express Chipset
* Mobile Intel® GM965 Express Chipset
* Mobile Intel® GME965 Express Chipset
Those are the requirements..
Do i have to have ALL of them?
Last edited by LethalChase on Sun Jan 20, 2008 8:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BlackFate

Postby BlackFate » Mon Jan 21, 2008 4:24 am

LethalChase wrote:Those are the requirements..
Do i have to have ALL of them?

Lol, those are all the on board graphics that the update supports. So no, you dont need all of them XD.

Mike.

Return to “Tech Support”