change key layout for drums phaseshift?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
beast
androidtucra

change key layout for drums phaseshift?

Postby androidtucra » Sat Apr 17, 2021 6:25 pm

Phaseshift automatically comes with a mapped key system for keyboards which is ZXCVB and ASDF, and spacebar for kick drum
Obviously this can't work for songs that have 16th notes cymbals (orange notes) because there is only 1 mapped key for that note, meaning i can only tap one key at a time
Second, I only have spacebar mapped for the kick drum so any songs that have double-kicks i'm gonna automatically fail when playing

So please anybody who knows how to map keys for drums on keyboard do comment on this issue
Thanks ;)
Earlier works:
n00bdirect Hero
Rammstein - Herzeleid (FULL ALBUM)

Currently working :
Puppetz Heroes for Phase Shift with Career Mode, Star Power, and Solo Markings
My own metal album called Capital Punishment: Will be released with separate audio tracks early this year!
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: change key layout for drums phaseshift?

Postby Maupy2 » Sun Apr 18, 2021 11:31 am

There is a tutorial on the official Phase Shift website on how to do this. It's under the readme section. :)
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
beast
androidtucra

Postby androidtucra » Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:31 pm

Maupy2 wrote:There is a tutorial on the official Phase Shift website on how to do this. It's under the readme section. :)

thanks buddy got it :D
Earlier works:
n00bdirect Hero
Rammstein - Herzeleid (FULL ALBUM)

Currently working :
Puppetz Heroes for Phase Shift with Career Mode, Star Power, and Solo Markings
My own metal album called Capital Punishment: Will be released with separate audio tracks early this year!
danielleshrader

Postby danielleshrader » Mon Jan 29, 2024 11:32 pm

If you want to talk to me, please send me a private message. Though I don't often check in anymore, I do have my email notifications for private messages turned on.
penalty shooters 2
Danica589

Postby Danica589 » Tue Jan 30, 2024 12:31 pm

Hi Guys,
Phaseshift includes a default keyboard mapping system with keys ZXCVB and ASDF, with the spacebar designated for the kick drum. However, this setup poses challenges for songs featuring 16th notes on cymbals (orange notes) due to limited key mapping. Additionally, double-kick drum patterns are problematic as only the spacebar is mapped. Seeking advice on remapping keys for drums on the keyboard to address these issues. Appreciate any helpful comments. Thanks! :)
Marcellus

Postby Marcellus » Wed Feb 07, 2024 8:40 am

Danica589 wrote:Hi Guys,
Phaseshift includes a default keyboard mapping system with keys ZXCVB and ASDF, with the spacebar designated for the kick drum. However, this setup poses challenges for songs featuring 16th notes on cymbals (orange notes) due to limited key mapping. Additionally, double-kick drum patterns are problematic as only the spacebar is mapped. Seeking advice on remapping keys for drums on the keyboard to address these issues. Appreciate any helpful comments. Thanks! :)

Navigating PhaseShift's default keyboard mapping can be challenging, especially for complicated percussion patterns. Consider remapping keys to accommodate 16th note cymbals and double-kick drum patterns, which would improve gameplay and enjoyment. Any tips are appreciated!

Return to “Tech Support”