how to edit the backing track on songs

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
GeraldTheLizard187

how to edit the backing track on songs

Postby GeraldTheLizard187 » Sun Jan 07, 2018 11:29 am

So, I have had two problems that have really been bugging me lately:
1. I recently downloaded the Lamb of God albums Sacrament, Ashes of The Wake, and Wrath. Soon after loading up the game and beginning to play these songs, i realized that these songs have no drums. So, I was wondering if there was some way that I could replace the audio on these songs with the version that is on the albums (with drums).
2. I have also downloaded the Five Finger Death Punch album The Way of The Fist, and when I played it I noticed that upon missing a note, instead of the usual guitar being cut out for that note, the entire song would be cut out (i.e. if you missed every note in the song normally, you would hear no guitar but you would still hear the rest of the instruments, but in this album, you would not hear anything at all). To counter this, I was wondering if there was a way to completely cut out the feature where if a note is missed, then that instrument is cut out. Thanks!
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: how to edit the backing track on songs

Postby raynebc » Sun Jan 07, 2018 1:43 pm

1. You can try replacing the OGG file with the new audio saved in OGG format with the same name (ie. guitar.ogg), but it might not be that simple. If the album version is a different recording, it might not sync up 100% with the version you were playing with and you would have to edit the chart accordingly.
2. You won't be able to do this unless you have the master tracks (isolated audio of each instrument/vocals) for the song, and then you may run into problem #1 above. Most custom charts don't have this feature.

Return to “Tech Support”