how to make a midi

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
cookiesnm1lk

how to make a midi

Postby cookiesnm1lk » Sat Dec 16, 2017 8:45 pm

So i downloaded "The Devil Went Down to Georgia" from here viewtopic.php?f=5&t=59721#Guitar_Hero_III_On-Disc
and i'm guessing there's some trick to getting a functioning midi out of the mess of files that came in the zip yes? I just got on this site and am SUPER clueless. help?
cookiesnm1lk

Re: how to make a midi

Postby cookiesnm1lk » Sun Dec 17, 2017 10:32 pm

i'm not looking to use frets on fire. i'm looking to make a sheet music from a midi of this song. which i could do with a program like sibelius, HOWEVER, i need a midi that doesn't come out as a jumbled mess of random notes to do this.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:24 am

This isn't going to work for your purpose, these MIDIs are not a representation of the song's real composition, they are 5 button representations. The only thing you could make use of here is the vocal track. Pro keys is already mostly real music representation, and pro guitar can be converted to real representation, but those features are not in the charts at the link you posted.
Last edited by raynebc on Mon Dec 18, 2017 2:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:17 pm

Try a google search for "free <song name> Midi download" You would be surprised how many results you get.. Or at a real push you could try a google search for " <song name> free sheet music" That again will yield hundreds if not thousands of results.
Last edited by nobby76 on Mon Dec 18, 2017 12:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
cookiesnm1lk

Postby cookiesnm1lk » Sun Dec 24, 2017 8:51 am

easier said than done when i'm looking for the guitar hero version.... sure i searched "Steve Ouimette devil went down to georgia midi" but that didn't pan out.

Return to “Tech Support”