PS2 Guitar Strum Bar not working Windows 10

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
zergstarmaster

PS2 Guitar Strum Bar not working Windows 10

Postby zergstarmaster » Thu Aug 24, 2017 5:59 pm

I am attempting to use a wireless PS2 guitar with a USB adapter for Guitar Hero III on PC. When I launch GH3, the buttons are mapped incorrectly (green, yellow and orange do nothing, red is green, blue is red, start is also red, etc.) and the strum bar does nothing. I attempted to fix this by using AntiMicro. It detects the device and all of the button inputs, allowing me to remap them, except the strum bar. In Windows (10) under Devices and Printers, there is a PS3 controller. Right clicking, selecting game controller settings, then selecting properties, Windows shows all of the inputs in real time from the controller. The buttons on the guitar register as buttons, the whammy bar registers as an axes, and the strum bar registers as a Point of View Hat. The PoVH is to the left by default, moves to the bottom left corner when the strum bar is pressed down, and is in the top left when the strum bar is pressed up. I have tried pretty much everything inside the GUI of AntiMicro for it to detect anything from the PoVH, but nothing has worked.

Is there a solution for AntiMicro I'm missing, or is this just a limitation of the software? I have tried using Xpadder, that one didn't even let me remap the fret buttons. Is there another program I could use?
Last edited by zergstarmaster on Thu Aug 24, 2017 6:00 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Return to “Tech Support”