Help: All of a sudden Guitar Hero 3 stopped working (?)

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 7 years and 1 week old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
soleus1402

Help: All of a sudden Guitar Hero 3 stopped working (?)

Postby soleus1402 » Mon Apr 03, 2017 6:29 pm

Hi,
This is really weird. I run GHTCP on PC...been playing for a couple of weeks now, and learned a lot when it comes to importing customs, fixing them when it comes to several issues.
Played last time yesterday, working fine...fixed some offset issues, used EOF to fix some chart issues, and Feedback 0,97b and ACE to add some missing starpower....tried it all out during the process which ment starting and quiting GHIII multiple times...no problems.

Today i continued just as yesterday, but when I want to double left click as usual on the "Play guitar hero" icon I see the black starting screen with the rotating disc, then it shuts down and a window appears:
"Guitar Hero III stopped working, a problem caused the program to not work correctly, the program is shut down etc etc"

I tried system restore to yesterdays restore point, searching forums etc....I dont understand how this could have happened, I have not done anything I didnt do before.

Has this happened to any of you? Anyway to fix it? I really hope not the only solution is to reinstall GHTCP and all songs again. Hope someone knows what could have caused this and a fix.

EDIT:
I tried switching GHTCP to another language, french, and then it started up...with nothing but the original GH3 songs...so its just the English part the shuts down as described above...I didnt add any songs to GHTCP today, i just fixed issues with existing ones...could it be that one of those is the problem causing this?

EDIT2:
Eh, I remembered that in one song, Nickelback - Shaking hands, i had problem with the sound file, just one named in this case guitar.ogg (no other sound files)....it had a part in the beginning where a part of intro "lost" parts of the sound and then after a couple of seconds it comes back for the rest of the song. I put it in EOF and that gives you a .wav sound file as well as a .chart. This sound file worked fine and I could import it instead of the .ogg file in to GHTCP.
After writing all of the above just before I was going to shut the computer down and see if any of you here could come up with some solution I remebered this song and thought I try deleting it completely, longshot I thought...
But this actually worked, suddenly I could launch and play again :-)
I tried as an experiment to add the song again, this time using the ogg and the midi file as it shoud be...but again got the problem...so I guess there is something else with this song.

Should I delete this, or maybe it could help someone experiencing the same shutdown problem?
Cheers
Last edited by soleus1402 on Mon Apr 03, 2017 7:21 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Return to “Tech Support”