What EoF version should I use?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 7 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Addicted to memes
MetalMuxxer

What EoF version should I use?

Postby MetalMuxxer » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:17 pm

Hi.

Currently I'm using an old EoF version, 1.71 if I'm not wrong. I've tried to use the last EoF version but I can't fret FoF songs with that EoF.

I only fret FoFIX songs, and I want to know if there is any new EoF version that can let me fret songs for FoFIX.

Thanks.
AKA Super Blooper
AlexTaylor

Re: What EoF version should I use?

Postby AlexTaylor » Sun Sep 04, 2016 4:32 pm

You can with the most recent version. Whatever the songs have that make them incompatible with FoFiX is because you are putting them there (i.e. Slide notes, not sure what else FoF doesn't like).
Afaik, EOF doesn't add/do anything that creates incompatibility with FoFiX, so keep an eye out to exactly what you're doing and avoid adding anything that FoF doesn't like, and you should be fine.

Also, why only chart for FoFiX. Seems a little weird seeing as that most regulars on this site play Phase Shift and not FoFiX.

Not meant to be a rude or forceful comment, I'm just tired and have some extra sass to give :p
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Re: What EoF version should I use?

Postby raynebc » Sun Sep 04, 2016 5:30 pm

Some Phase Shift features aren't compatible with FoF, and due to bugs with the latter's MIDI parser can cause the game to malfunction. If you're not adding non-FoF features in the chart, there's nothing to worry about. Otherwise you can enable the EOF preference to export "Rock Band files" and an RBN MIDI will be created that only includes the features that are compatible with FoF and Rock Band. You can rename that MIDI to notes.mid when you are ready to try it in Frets on Fire.

Return to “Tech Support”