Old School'rs......

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 8 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
More Metal?
0vrk1ll

Old School'rs......

Postby 0vrk1ll » Sat Feb 06, 2016 9:51 pm

hey sup....hopefully this post draws the right readers............
bit of a story to it but lets say many moons ago i was a RABID fof fan,had like 1000 songs pretty sure i had the entire fof forum songs postings on my hard drive.....that was long ago.....well i found an old hdd with a library and tried to ,well jump back in the sadle and play some frets..........
time has moved on i dont get alot of time to play but i noticed .....................................
HERES THE PART I NEED A FELLOW OLD SCHOOLER FOR..............i DO NOT know what phase shift is not do i feel i want to learn....i wanna kinda rebuild frets.......but...if i get a fellow old schooler explain to me what PS is,or....some folks wanna help me 'REBUILD' classic fof with ppl supporting WORKING links..i dunno
......Only way to feel the noise is when its good and loud.........
The last forum user
Maupy2

Re: Old School'rs......

Postby Maupy2 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 2:10 am

Phase Shift is basically FoF, but better working and better-looking. Also, you can play other instruments like drums, bass and keyboard.

So in my honest opinion, trying to rebuild fof would be a bit unnecessary, since there's Phase Shift already. Especially since FoF songs work with Phase Shift too. (If they're old songs you might need to open them and save them in EOF first, but they'll work perfectly.)

But hey, if you wanna rebuild fof, go for it. Building a game is fun, so why not, right?
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: Old School'rs......

Postby nobby76 » Sun Feb 07, 2016 3:19 am

Hi ovrk1ll, always good to see an old school'er come back to the retirement home :D

Regarding phase shift.. From the point of view of an old schooler who was a strict fof only player, ive not actually used phase shift. I've just seen a lot of game play and heard what people here say about it.
As Maupy2 said, it is basically FoF.. But generally looks and plays a lot more like rockband. You can use different instruments, i think you can even have multiple people playing at the same time, like one on guitar, one on drums.
It would probably be the closest thing we have to a pc version of Rockband.
The fof songs should for the most part work right out of the box, but you might have to do a slight tweak to some songs to make them compatible properly.

But if you wanted to get back into FoF itself.. Then you will need this thread for Fof + RFmod
That is probably what you used last time, it was the most stable and featured version of fof around, so most people used that. You might have to set admin mode or change the compatibility mode, to make it work properly..
It's been so long since i played, it's hard to remember :D
Also RFmod comes with a load of different stuff included, like different sets of keys or notes, a couple of different themes..

just as a warning...
The download link for RFmod MIGHT throw a spaz and say it's a dodgy file or dodgy website, take notice of what is written right at the top of the RFmod thread, that will probably explain it. The link has been the same one for years and we was all fine back then.
I ignored the warning and downloaded the file anyway, My virus checker didn't suddenly go off when i downloaded it, so i opened, then unpacked it and ran a scan on the folder, everything came back ok..

Good luck either way.

Nobby
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Tech Support”