Guitar hero Live driver issue

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 8 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
crazyrobban

Guitar hero Live driver issue

Postby crazyrobban » Tue Dec 29, 2015 9:43 am

Hi,

First time poster here.
I used FoF back in the days, maybe like 3 years ago, with an old xbox controller or something.
It was a horrible controller, yet worked perfectly.

Today, I decided to get back into it, and a store close to me sold the Guitar Hero Live guitar for 20$, so I went out and got it.

Now, here's the thing:
The strung bar / pick (whatever it's called) works as long as a fret button isn't held down. As you can imagine, that hurts the gameplay pretty bad...
This problem isn't only in FoF or FoFix, I can see the same behaviour in the "Printers and Devices" control panel when checking the guitar in Windows.

Has anyone ever encountered this? And does anyone know how to fix it?

Am I really the first person to try this guitar with FoF?

Edit
The Controller is for the PS3
Halp!
JohnnyCrawl

Re: Guitar hero Live driver issue

Postby JohnnyCrawl » Wed Dec 30, 2015 9:33 pm

I'm using Phase Shift, and also ran into the same problem with the strum bar. I just decided to set the directional stick for up/down strumming and it works well so far. Only issue now is getting used to seeing Phase Shift's 1x5 fretboard and playing on GHL's 2x3 fretboard.
weirdpeople

Postby weirdpeople » Thu Dec 31, 2015 10:50 am

hmm I have one of these as well and i didn't notice this when i first tried it in windows, but i also didn't try to actually play the game with it either... I'll have to try it when i get home, then ill probably try it on osx and linux to see if its any different.
Developer of clone hero, and Former FoFiX developer
crazyrobban

Postby crazyrobban » Fri Jan 01, 2016 6:02 am

JohnnyCrawl wrote:I'm using Phase Shift, and also ran into the same problem with the strum bar. I just decided to set the directional stick for up/down strumming and it works well so far. Only issue now is getting used to seeing Phase Shift's 1x5 fretboard and playing on GHL's 2x3 fretboard.

Yeah, the 2x3 fretboard is a challenge!
I'm also using the dpad up/down for strumming. But it really feels like I'm missing the point when not using the strum bar. :P

weirdpeople wrote:hmm I have one of these as well and i didn't notice this when i first tried it in windows, but i also didn't try to actually play the game with it either... I'll have to try it when i get home, then ill probably try it on osx and linux to see if its any different.

That would be awesome! I could always dual boot my pc with a linux dist for FoFix if the strum bar actually works there. :)

Also, happy new year!

Return to “Tech Support”