How to use a guitar?!

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 5 years and 3 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
The last forum user
Maupy2

How to use a guitar?!

Postby Maupy2 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 6:54 am

Yes, I read the topic 'READ THIS BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION IN THE TECH SUPPORT FORUM' or whatever it's called.

Hey.:3
I got a Guitar Hero guitar for my birthday, and I want to use the guitar in FoFix. What adapter do I need for that? And how do I exactly 'install' it, and what software do I need?
Some useful information: It's the Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock guitar, for the PS3. It's wireless.
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: How to use a guitar?!

Postby nobby76 » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:44 pm

To be more specific, its blue tooth.. ( as with all ps3 wireless controllers )
So you simply need a blue tooth dongle for your computer, then pair the guitar to the dongle and you should be pretty much good to go.
You might need to set the buttons up in fofix ( not 100% sure ) but other than that, the guitar should detect in windows controllers as a control device as soon as its paired to the dongle..
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
The last forum user
Maupy2

Postby Maupy2 » Mon Sep 24, 2012 2:51 pm

Thank you!:D
My song thread (mostly guitar)
MY FIRST STORY song thread
A Day To Remember Hero REVIVAL
A Lot Like Birds

My name is Maurits.
They/them pronouns
If you want to reach me, send me a private message. I don't usually log in any more, but I have email notifications turned on for private messages.
legion0

Postby legion0 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:08 am

Did the bluetooth pairing work ? i am trying to pair the same guitar with a bluetooth dongle on my pc but can't get it to pair.

Guitar Hero Warriors of Rock PS3 guitar
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Dec 13, 2018 12:22 pm

As it was asked 6 years ago, id certainly hope he got it connected in that time.

Just to clarify ALL known versions of guitar hero/ rockband guitars from ANY console will work on a pc. Doesn't matter if its an xbox 360 guitar, PS3 or even a Wii guitar, they all work... And most 3rd party guitars work as well.
If you are having issues getting the guitar to pair with the blue tooth dongle i would suggest looking into problems with the dongle.. Have you checked to see if you can pair any other device to the dongle/pc. It should tell you in device manager that you have a bluetooth dongle plugged into your pc. You should be able to see a bluetooth icon in the tray (in the bottom right by the clock) you should be able to make your computer and smartphone pair together if you have a dongle plugged in. If you can do all of that, but the guitar still wont pair, id say the guitar is faulty. If you cant see a bluetooth dongle in device manager and you cannot pair your phone to the pc, then its probably a dongle issue..

When you first plugged in the dongle it should have installed several drivers and then it should have told you "device is ready to use" (like when you plug any usb device into a pc) if you didnt see any of that, then your dongle probably wasnt detected by the pc when you plugged it in. Try unplugging it and putting it i na different usb socket. It will probably redetect and try and install the drivers again (Watch to make sure it does this AND is successful!) If you don't see this then the dongle failed to install on the pc and you wont be able to use it for anything until it is detected and working properly..

It's more than likely the dongle is acting screwy than the guitar is busted.. so id say look more into that side of things..

Good luck
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom

Return to “Tech Support”