XBox 360 Controller strumming help? (Not the Guitar)

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 6 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Jojenga

XBox 360 Controller strumming help? (Not the Guitar)

Postby Jojenga » Tue Jan 31, 2012 3:59 am

Heya everyone. I'm new, and I have a problem with FoF that I really hope there's a solution to.

I use a regular, wired Xbox 360 Controller. Not a guitar controller, but a normal one. I've mapped all the buttons to the correct way they were on the original game for controller users.

Green: LT
Red: LB
Yellow: RB
Blue: RT
Orange: A

But the one problem is strumming. In the original GH3, the strums happened automatically when you used a normal controller, is there any way to make the same happen in FoF?

I await your replies,
Jojenga
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Re: XBox 360 Controller strumming help? (Not the Guitar)

Postby nobby76 » Tue Jan 31, 2012 1:55 pm

Nope, sorry.
Having a no strum mode was considered giving some users a big advantage so it was decided against. If you want to play fof but not use a guitar controller, then why not play fof the way it was originally intended, with your keyboard. Grab your keyboard, turn it upside down and find a comfortable place for your fingers. The keys your fingers are resting on, make those the fret keys. then choose whatever is comfortable to reach as the strum keys.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Jaycoub

Postby Jaycoub » Sat May 12, 2012 11:14 pm

Well, theres a problem with my keyboard... its just a normal windows keyboard so i can't push more than 3 kets at a time exept for F2, F3, and F4. also F4 and F5 together don't work. i have a xbox 360 wireless guitar (the one that comes with warriors of rock) how would i get that to work? [Please reply to me at [email protected] Thanks ^_^]
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun May 13, 2012 8:26 pm

Jaycoub wrote:Well, theres a problem with my keyboard... its just a normal windows keyboard so i can't push more than 3 kets at a time exept for F2, F3, and F4. also F4 and F5 together don't work. i have a xbox 360 wireless guitar (the one that comes with warriors of rock) how would i get that to work? Thanks ^_^]

Actually 99% of all keyboards suffer the same problem. just use other keys to get around it ( see HERE) Or if you would like to use your guitar you will need a microsoft wireless adaptor (check google and then Ebay )

Also as a heads up. you might wanna stop posting your email address publicly like that. its a 1 way ticket to spam and junk mail. Bots and crawlers skim over sites all the time and any email addresses they find they will record and use to send you spam mail, they will also pass it on to loads of other companies, so they can spam you as well...
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
TwoGunToast

Postby TwoGunToast » Sun Jan 07, 2018 4:02 pm

I have a wired Harmonix Xbox 360 RB controller and Ive tried it on FoF (recommended version) as well as a different version plus two different versions of FoFix as well, but it doesnt work even when i use JoyToKey to map it to keyboard functions the game still doesn't recognize the inputs from the Guitar controller (ive tested mapping it and seeing if the inputs work on a Dolphin GC emulator so I know the guitar controller works just fine) but the keyboard works just fine. According to the wiki this controller should work with all version of FoF. the PS2 red SG i had worked with all version of Fof and FoFix. on the wiki it says "compatible with all versions of FoF" for both the PS2 SG as well as the RB 360 controller I have now so why wont the game recognize it at all?

Return to “Tech Support”