Downloading new music?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Lil_Skittelz

Downloading new music?

Postby Lil_Skittelz » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:21 pm

I'm new to the forums - and Frets On Fire itself. I've downloaded FoFiX and heard that you can download music TO the game. I wanted to verify if this is true and also, if it is, wanted to know how to download music to the game.
blatz89

Re: Downloading new music?

Postby blatz89 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:32 pm

How to download music to the game? Download a song from Tune Posting on this forum, then extract the .rar, .zip, or .7z to your songs folder that FoFix asks you to designate when you first attempt to play a song. And there you have it, new music. :p.
Lil_Skittelz

Postby Lil_Skittelz » Tue Nov 22, 2011 7:58 pm

blatz89 wrote:How to download music to the game? Download a song from Tune Posting on this forum, then extract the .rar, .zip, or .7z to your songs folder that FoFix asks you to designate when you first attempt to play a song. And there you have it, new music. :p.

I've downloaded it into fofix, yet it won't play the music. Like, it appears, but as a folder. Can you give me a more in-depth explanation?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Tue Nov 22, 2011 11:10 pm

As quoted from the thread titled " /******READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS SECTION!******\ " located at the top of EVERY tech support page on the forum

1. Download the file to somewhere easy to find such as your desktop.
2. If you have WinRAR good, if not then you can get it here.
3. Extract the file straight into your /data/songs folder or right click it and choose extract here, and then open up your data/songs folder, and drag the extracted folder into your songs folder.
4. If the extracted contents are loose (not in a folder) then you will need to put them in a folder.
5. Open up fretsonfire/fofix and go to play game, if done correctly, then the songs will appear in the list.

This has been asked SO many times now there is no excuse as to why people cannot find out for themselves, there must be at least 100 threads where this is asked and answered. All it takes is a little forethought and your eyes.
It still amazes me that people totally ignore the forum rules in this section ( which are at the top of each tech support page ) where it clearly says....

LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Lil_Skittelz

Postby Lil_Skittelz » Thu Nov 24, 2011 2:31 am

nobby76 wrote:As quoted from the thread titled " /******READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS SECTION!******\ " located at the top of EVERY tech support page on the forum

3. Extract the file straight into your /data/songs folder or right click it and choose extract here, and then open up your data/songs folder, and drag the extracted folder into your songs folder.
4. If the extracted contents are loose (not in a folder) then you will need to put them in a folder.
5. Open up fretsonfire/fofix and go to play game, if done correctly, then the songs will appear in the list.

This has been asked SO many times now there is no excuse as to why people cannot find out for themselves, there must be at least 100 threads where this is asked and answered. All it takes is a little forethought and your eyes.
It still amazes me that people totally ignore the forum rules in this section ( which are at the top of each tech support page ) where it clearly says....

The reason I'm asking is because there doesn't seem to be a song folder - I have sounds, not songs and there is no music in my game. I have the 3.21 version or whatever it is.

-- Edit: Thu Nov 24, 2011 3:12 am --

nobby76 wrote:As quoted from the thread titled " /******READ THIS POST BEFORE POSTING IN THIS SECTION!******\ " located at the top of EVERY tech support page on the forum

When I go in to add the music - there is no songs folder. That's why I want help. I have version 3.212 or something like that and am wondering if there were any bugs because I have looked through EVERY file in the FoFix folder and found no 'songs' folder. I only have 'sounds' and 'vocals'.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Nov 24, 2011 11:41 pm

yes you ADD a songs folder, as the READ THIS FIRST post says you add them to the data/songs folder. so it would be pretty obvious that if you dont have that folder to just make it. It was all written right there on the page. And i know in several places in the tech support area when others have asked about not having a songs folder the response has been " if you don't have a songs folder, just make one" all it would have taken was for you to have read what you was supposed to like it says on the rules and you would have had the answer you need without ever having to make a post.

One other thing.. When replying, if the person you are replying to made a large post, you don't have to quote everything ESP twice...

Nobby.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Lil_Skittelz

Postby Lil_Skittelz » Wed Nov 30, 2011 4:31 pm

Nevermind, thanks for the attempted help anyways - my friend showed me.

Return to “Tech Support”