Game turns off after pushing the blue fret

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 12 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Charo

Game turns off after pushing the blue fret

Postby Charo » Sun Oct 30, 2011 10:32 pm

Hi, I have GH: Legends of Rock on Win XP. I've added over 100 songs to "Bonus Songs". The problem is that during pushing the blue fret to get to my bonus songs the game turns off. I have no idea what I did wrong and how to fix it. What should I do?
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Re: Game turns off after pushing the blue fret

Postby Asskickulater » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:41 pm

uhhh... one this is the wrong section... 2) I dont really know what would cause that....I would have to guess a bad chart, something the game dont like, I say wipe the game and import songs 1 by 1 and see if you can find the culprit
Image Image
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Mon Oct 31, 2011 1:22 am

Are you pressing Alt+F4? F4 might be the default blue fret.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
Charo

Postby Charo » Mon Oct 31, 2011 9:25 am

Sorry for mislocating my post. Please, move it where it should be.
I use Left Shift as the blue fret but whatever I wouldn't use the problem remains. Probably there's sth wrong with one of the songs or I simply added too many of them.
However, I have spent about 2 days on adding 180 songs and if "importing 1 by 1" means adding 1 by 1 from scratch, I'm so f***ed. Is there any convenient way to move files from one folder to another without wasting so much time? I really don't know how it works
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Tue Nov 01, 2011 2:12 pm

Charo wrote:Sorry for mislocating my post. Please, move it where it should be.
I use Left Shift as the blue fret but whatever I wouldn't use the problem remains. Probably there's sth wrong with one of the songs or I simply added too many of them.
However, I have spent about 2 days on adding 180 songs and if "importing 1 by 1" means adding 1 by 1 from scratch, I'm so f***ed. Is there any convenient way to move files from one folder to another without wasting so much time? I really don't know how it works

nope, if you have a messed up song in there, then the only solution is to add 1 by 1 until you find the issue song, for the record its never a good idea to import in bulk with customs, always add 1 or two and test them then add more
Image Image
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:11 pm

Yeah, I know that the time I tried to add 10 customs in at a time, the game crashed on me the next 3 or 4 times I tried to boot it up.
And having 180 songs in a bonus setlist on a game not explicitly designed for custom songs doesn't really sound like a very good idea, so it may have something to do with the sheer volume of songs that you have.
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:39 pm

blatz89 wrote:Yeah, I know that the time I tried to add 10 customs in at a time, the game crashed on me the next 3 or 4 times I tried to boot it up.
And having 180 songs in a bonus setlist on a game not explicitly designed for custom songs doesn't really sound like a very good idea, so it may have something to do with the sheer volume of songs that you have.

well, I dont know, I had quite a bit of customs in my GH3 before i ditched it.
Image Image
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Tue Nov 01, 2011 4:52 pm

Well, I never actually had that many, it seemed to be too much of a hassle. One day I finally realized that it would be a lot easier for me to boot up FoFix or Phase Shift than have to use GHTCP (or the song list editor before it) and import every song onto my bonus list. :p
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Tue Nov 01, 2011 5:05 pm

blatz89 wrote:Well, I never actually had that many, it seemed to be too much of a hassle. One day I finally realized that it would be a lot easier for me to boot up FoFix or Phase Shift than have to use GHTCP (or the song list editor before it) and import every song onto my bonus list. :p

haha same here, I used fofff for songs and eventually decided to try fofoix, loved it, until it crashed and killed my fps making it unplayable, then Phase Shift came and saved the day =D
Image Image
blatz89

Postby blatz89 » Wed Nov 02, 2011 4:30 pm

I had the same problem, I discovered Phase Shift and played it exclusively for a while, then I got Game Booster and it raised my framerate to godlike levels on my cruddy computer, and I'm beginning to rediscover what I loved about FoFix again xD

Return to “Tech Support”