FoFiX just plain sucks

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
Beechwood Aged
devilfingers

FoFiX just plain sucks

Postby devilfingers » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:11 am

LAG LAG unplayable f'n LAG ! project should be scrapped !!! 5+ years and LAG!!! worked perfect for awile now eats 1,710,000mb ramafter a few song! its BS ! GIVE UP! FU FOFIX
ODG :angry:
xorange90x

Re: FoFiX just plain sucks

Postby xorange90x » Wed Apr 06, 2011 7:51 am

I have used Fofix for quite sometime now and it runs very comfortably for me.. The small lag that I occassionally get is because I have an old hard drive, but that isn't the game's fault. It much depends on your system, the setting you choose, the theme and backgrounds/stages your using, and even the fragmentation of your hard drive.

I suggest you download and install Minimem and set it up for Fofix.exe only. It will automatically clear your memory every 30, 60, 90 seconds etc. Depending on what u set it at. That will keep your ram free of the leaks the game has.

Good luck
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Wed Apr 06, 2011 9:40 am

Dont flame the game buddy.

Your drivers are potentially the cause of your disdain towards this game. Install the latest video card drivers from your vender and run it in windowed mode.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Wed Apr 06, 2011 12:33 pm

I quite agree at how horrible fofix is, Phase Shift is a very good replacement for fofix its faster and supports more then fofix probably ever will!
Image Image
Still Alive
wolferacing

Postby wolferacing » Wed Apr 06, 2011 10:29 pm

Tech support is here so users can receive assistance on the issue(s) they present within the first post. As a replier, your opinions should not be involved in any way. You should simply offer advice on how to correct the issue the user is having without being biased. Seeing opinions like "...supports more then fofix probably ever will!" is quite disturbing. Tech support isn't here to be an advertising location for other games. Do you think when people came to Harmonix saying they had problems Harmonix replied with "Use GH"?
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Wed Apr 06, 2011 11:59 pm

you know what though? i know from experience, you get a lag issue with fofix, chances are your never going to get it running at a decent fps, I still cant get more then 12 fps on fofix, and I used to get well over 100, it crashed for some BS reason and screwed the whole thing up! quite honestly, this guy is better off going with PS as he likely wont ever fix the problem. and Im still not very fonde that fofix is just charging ahead with more features when they SHOULD be fixing what causes the lag and massive instability.

I stick by my original comment
Image Image
Beechwood Aged
devilfingers

Postby devilfingers » Thu Apr 07, 2011 7:12 pm

Asskickulater wrote:you know what though? i know from experience, you get a lag issue with fofix, chances are your never going to get it running at a decent fps, I still cant get more then 12 fps on fofix, and I used to get well over 100, it crashed for some BS reason and screwed the whole thing up! quite honestly, this guy is better off going with PS as he likely wont ever fix the problem. and Im still not very fonde that fofix is just charging ahead with more features when they SHOULD be fixing what causes the lag and massive instability.

I stick by my original comment

Thank You ^^ & yes I was a bit frustrated @ the time I posted, but really I WAS getting solid 70 fps before (frame limit on) & one day boom! 20-10/9 fps wTH? I didnt change A thing with my compy 4 GB ram btw,or OS ( nothing updated) and downloaded fresh install just pointed to my old songs folder & still the same BS. SO with all the work w/code for new stuff cant you just FIX the problems now as it would be near perfect if it didnt LAG (which is why im so frustrated @ this game cuz it was fine for 2+ years)
ODG :angry:
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Thu Apr 07, 2011 8:41 pm

Sometimes things update without your knowledge. Some video cards do not support openGL well (Most Nvidia ones). If it's Microsoft default drivers typically they do not work, so we'd recommend upgrading to the latest one from the vendor. Also, disabling shaders will also increase performance exponentially.
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Thu Apr 07, 2011 9:08 pm

amak11 wrote:Sometimes things update without your knowledge. Some video cards do not support openGL well (Most Nvidia ones). If it's Microsoft default drivers typically they do not work, so we'd recommend upgrading to the latest one from the vendor. Also, disabling shaders will also increase performance exponentially.

dude, stop saying "this will increase fps blah blah blah" do you not understand the "but really I WAS getting solid 70 fps before (frame limit on) & one day boom! 20-10/9 fps wTH?" its your precious games crap coding causing the issue, not his computer.. or the graphic card.. or the driver, I know this from experience!
Image Image
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 9:54 am

Asskickulater wrote:dude, stop saying "this will increase fps blah blah blah" do you not understand the "but really I WAS getting solid 70 fps before (frame limit on) & one day boom! 20-10/9 fps wTH?" its your precious games crap coding causing the issue, not his computer.. or the graphic card.. or the driver, I know this from experience!

@ asskickulator. Seems you are the one that doesn't understand. A game WILL NOT , i repeat WILL NOT just break for no reason what so ever. SOMETHING made it break. if it was working before and now its not then something HAD to have happened to change the games circumstances and cause it to fail. Computers dont actually think for themselves like humans, they only do what they are told ( either by a human or by some other information present on the computer ) so SOMETHING did change which is what broke the game. " its your precious games crap coding causing the issue, not his computer.." actually in all possibility it IS his computer thats causing the problem, if it was the game causing it, it would have been broken from day 1 ( nearly two years ago according to the original poster) but whats this... lo and behold its only just broken and he says he didn't do anything to the game. then how in the world could it be the games fault???

@ original poster. are you running the latest drivers, if you are have you tried rolling back tothe previous driver set. occasionally Nvidia and ATI release drivers that are busted and will cause all sorts of issues to computers, ranging from bad fps in games to total loss of desktop this is a very common thing to happen.

@asskickulator. So when amak has been offering advice and you have just been shooting him down, like your the authority on everything fof and PS, he has actually been mostly correct in what he says in this thread and all you are doing is dismissing his advice and bringing out your massive PS fanboyism, if you dont like fof/fofix then don't hang about here, don't offer advice don't do anything. if all you wanna do is advertise PS and get everyone playing it, go do it on a PS website. not here, this is for FOF.
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Black Moon Broods...
aander91

Postby aander91 » Fri Apr 08, 2011 2:03 pm

To the OP, ignore these posts, read this:

HARD FIX: Identify the problem, check drivers, settings, background programs/processes, then solve the problem by updating, changing, or closing.

EASY FIX: Download Phase Shift.
COUNTERPOINT

1st Place-July 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
2nd Place-March 2010 Guitar Charting Competition
3rd Place-August 2009 Guitar Charting Competition
4th Place-December 2009 Guitar Charting Competition

Vidya Game Music arranged for String Ensemble
f*cking ninja's...
Asskickulater

Postby Asskickulater » Fri Apr 08, 2011 4:08 pm

nobby76 wrote:
Asskickulater wrote:dude, stop saying "this will increase fps blah blah blah" do you not understand the "but really I WAS getting solid 70 fps before (frame limit on) & one day boom! 20-10/9 fps wTH?" its your precious games crap coding causing the issue, not his computer.. or the graphic card.. or the driver, I know this from experience!

@ asskickulator. Seems you are the one that doesn't understand. A game WILL NOT , i repeat WILL NOT just break for no reason what so ever. SOMETHING made it break. if it was working before and now its not then something HAD to have happened to change the games circumstances and cause it to fail. Computers dont actually think for themselves like humans, they only do what they are told ( either by a human or by some other information present on the computer ) so SOMETHING did change which is what broke the game. " its your precious games crap coding causing the issue, not his computer.." actually in all possibility it IS his computer thats causing the problem, if it was the game causing it, it would have been broken from day 1 ( nearly two years ago according to the original poster) but whats this... lo and behold its only just broken and he says he didn't do anything to the game. then how in the world could it be the games fault???

@ original poster. are you running the latest drivers, if you are have you tried rolling back tothe previous driver set. occasionally Nvidia and ATI release drivers that are busted and will cause all sorts of issues to computers, ranging from bad fps in games to total loss of desktop this is a very common thing to happen.

@asskickulator. So when amak has been offering advice and you have just been shooting him down, like your the authority on everything fof and PS, he has actually been mostly correct in what he says in this thread and all you are doing is dismissing his advice and bringing out your massive PS fanboyism, if you dont like fof/fofix then don't hang about here, don't offer advice don't do anything. if all you wanna do is advertise PS and get everyone playing it, go do it on a PS website. not here, this is for FOF.

actually, yes the game does randomly stop working with no change in its environment, but I'm done arguing with amak and you, for the record I STILL stick by my original comment
Image Image
xorange90x

Postby xorange90x » Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:15 pm

devilfingers, did you try my suggestion? it will certainly keep the game from eating up your memory.. i encountered the same problem a couple weeks ago, even was brought out of the game to a Windows Out Of Memory error (from Win7). I was thinking what the heck happened. I looked online and seen that FoF does infact have a memory leak, and from my experience with GTA IV when it first released, I knew right away that Minimem would stop it from eating up everything I had. And it did.

I guess it really does come down to personal preference though, if you want to run a small lightweight tool in the background to help the game run good than go for it, but if you would rather not, that's fine too. but for people to come and flame the game which they did not create themselves and give praise to the competition, that doesn't help. I have been a member of the GZ forums for years and back when the game was progressing, we had people come and flame it saying FoF was better. It doesn't matter, we played what we wanted, and if you want to play FoF then deal with the bug and play the game, if you want to play Phase Shift then go play that.
Best. Avatar. Ever.
neostriker73

Postby neostriker73 » Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 pm

1,710,000 RAM? Your computer is seriously screwed, FoFix works on my 2001 computer, which has 1 GB RAM. You probably need to upgrade your drivers.
ImageImage

One of the few Expert+ drum players

Return to “Tech Support”