Windows 7 Issues

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 4 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Professional Stoner
Mistabone

Windows 7 Issues

Postby Mistabone » Mon Mar 21, 2011 6:49 pm

I recently upgraded my gaming computer to windows 7. I got the python platform installed and the game itself installed just fine. However it lags so bad that the game is nearly unplayable. Is there anything I can do to make this work correctly? This game is one of the few things I use this computer for and if its the operating system causing the issue I wont think twice about doing away with Windows 7 and going back to XP. Thanks in advance to anyone that can help me with this.

PS:I installed python-2.7.1 and the version of the game I used was FoFiX v3.121 Final, if that helps any.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: Windows 7 Issues

Postby amak11 » Mon Mar 21, 2011 7:17 pm

You dont need to install python to play the game from windows binaries. Are your drivers up-to-date?
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Professional Stoner
Mistabone

Postby Mistabone » Tue Mar 22, 2011 3:51 am

Yeah the problem turned out to be my aftermarket nvidia gforce graphics card driver needed updated and the onboard graphics driver from the unused integrated video needed to be disabled. Both of them enabled at the same time was causing major issues with my graphics perfromance. I should have thought to check that right off that bet as I have had a similar issue to this last time around. I appreciate your helps Amak. I owe ya one hardcore for trying to help me. Totally appreciate it dude!!
Djentleman
ZSonicMaster

Postby ZSonicMaster » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:24 pm

I've been having similar issues for the past months. After I upgraded to Windows 7 it started lagging horribly. I have the same version of FoFiX (3.121) and ATI Radeon 9550 graphics card. The driver software is up to date.

I looked at your solution, but the ATI card is the only one on my computer (Therefore there is no integrated card to disable). Any suggestions?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 10:42 pm

hmm, do you have the equalizer showing (the glowing thing above the fretboard)?
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

Djentleman
ZSonicMaster

Postby ZSonicMaster » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:10 pm

Well I actually hadn't loaded up a song since I started having this problem, since the menus were moving too slowly to use. But I started FoFiX, got through the menus, but when I tried to load the setlist, I got a "connection lost" error and then "Optionalerror: Database locked" (or something similar). I didn't realize I'd been having these problems before :/
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Tue Mar 22, 2011 11:46 pm

Ah, try going through and deleting your cache files in where your songs are.

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....

Djentleman
ZSonicMaster

Postby ZSonicMaster » Sat Mar 26, 2011 12:11 pm

I deleted the cache file in my main songs folder, but it didn't change anything. The error is "OperationalError: Database is locked".

Return to “Tech Support”