No vocal in a song and sth else...

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
daront

No vocal in a song and sth else...

Postby daront » Sat Jan 29, 2011 11:01 am

Hey!

I've got a question pertaining to a song "Wanted Dead or Alive". by Bon Jovi. When I've downladed it and played it for the first time the song contained everything, that is: vocal, drums, guitar other instruments (they could be heared). Later I change some stuff in options and from that time whenever I play this song there is only the sound of the guitar, without any vocals or drum's sound. Is there a option that need to be turned on or changed in order to restore the song to its previous status?
One more other thing - I'm experiencing a problem with the Rock Band The Beatles Theme Light. When using this theme I can't play any song to the end cause the game crashes at the very end of a song. Have anyone have the same problem ? Could you offer some other Rock Band The Beatles themes ?
And finally, is FoFix capable of producing the same effect of a missed note as in Guitar Hero, that is turning off the guitar sound when missing a note and not just making weird sound and quieting the whole song ? And can anyone configure a gamepade in order NOT to use "picks" but just use the buttons to hit notes (as in GH III)? Thnks for all the answers!
RyanHemeon

Re: No vocal in a song and sth else...

Postby RyanHemeon » Sat Jan 29, 2011 5:57 pm

Hey dude,

It appears you messed with the audio options. Try the options from the loading screen, turn up all the audio meters to ten. If they are all fine, start a game and press "start" and use the audio options from that menu... it depends where you were when you changed them before.

As for the missed volume thing.. Same place, its called "miss volume" turn it to 0 if you do not want to hear missed notes..

If this doesn't solve your problems then let me know.

also, you will have to use the "pick" button as far as i know.. otherwise all notes would be HOPO... You could technically change the BPM to something really low, like 1 and turn on 8th note HOPO but you'd still need to pick the first note.
daront

Postby daront » Sun Jan 30, 2011 2:30 pm

Hey!

Thx a lot. I solved the problem with the vocal sound. I played the songs in the Practice mode and that is why there was no vocal sound (in Solo mode the problem disappeared). If it comes to the missed notes sound I didn't want to make the sound louder. I waned to make the miss sound as it is in GH where when you miss a note the sound of a given instrument (guitar, bass) turns off and the song goes on without the sound of a guitar.

I also found out that my game difficulty is very high, that is one I miss 4, 5 notes in a row the meter on the left quickly goes down. Where can I change it in my game ptions ? I'd like to play on more advanced difficulties but it's impossible.

What do you mean by saying that I could change the BPM and HOPO values ? How this could solve my problem ?
RyanHemeon

Postby RyanHemeon » Sun Jan 30, 2011 6:25 pm

yeah, just do what i said to make the missed notes sound like in GH... turn the "missed volume" to 0 in the audio options. It will only work like GH if the song has master tracks... 99.9% of custom songs do not have master tracks. The bon jovi song does have master tracks, so it should work fine. Considering you do have the right version.

I don't know about fixing the game difficulty as you claim it behaves.. You should try everything using a solid theme like the rockband one, themes change alot of the way the game works.. You can however turn "failing" off in the main fofix options.. then you can play harder levels without failing, atleast for quickplay.

As for the BPM and HOPO.. I really don't have time to teach you man.. It would involve you learning how to make your own custom songs for the game first.

good luck!
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Mon Jan 31, 2011 12:15 am

well, there's no option to make every single note a HOPO without editing the song... however, fofix should have an option to turn the HOPO frequency to "more frequent" to make them happen more... so try that out... other than that, there's nothing you can do... and strumming is important for the game, idk why you'd want to get rid of it...
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift
daront

Postby daront » Mon Jan 31, 2011 9:33 am

Ok, thanks for all the answers.

If it comes to struming I agree that it's important but it's quite difficult to strum and hit a note when you're playing on a gamepad. Maybe you know some good configurations for a gamepad. I miss a lot of notes when trying to strum and hit a note at the same time on a gamepad (I just can't find the right button for struming - the notes are frets are easy to configure cause I use the L1, L2 etc. buttons).

Don't bother to explain me the details, especially when it comes to creating or editing a song, I won't try it anyway. And I use the RockBand 2 theme (K.i.D's Revision version).
ctrl-alt-deleted
kamakazikilla

Postby kamakazikilla » Mon Jan 31, 2011 4:57 pm

hmm, there's really no good way to play with a gamepad... just play with your keyboard...
My Ongoing Song Thread <--old

############
Union Hero <--- where my new work is being kept
############

Make A Request Here!! I'LL FRET YOU A SONG =D

EOF Sync Tutorial And FAQ
GH Style Notes For Phase Shift
Rock Band Style Notes For Phase Shift

Return to “Tech Support”