Cannot add songs-Ubuntu 10.04

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 6 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
DanTheBib

Cannot add songs-Ubuntu 10.04

Postby DanTheBib » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:44 pm

Hey guys,

Basially I have FoFix working fine on Ubuntu 10.04, but I cannot copy songs to the folder /usr/local/game/fofix/data/sounds.

It says I don't have permission, but right clicking and trying to edit this makes no difference. I am the only user on it. Is there a special way to do this I'm missing?

Thanks,

Dan
Dr. Professor Logic
Lysdestic

Re: Cannot add songs-Ubuntu 10.04

Postby Lysdestic » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:46 pm

I'm a little rusty, as it has been a long time since I have played the game under Linux, but I'll do what I can to assist.

If I'm not mistaken, just make a song folder wherever you want, and somewhere in the settings you can select your song directory.

Alternatively (This may or may not be accurate) you might be able to find (or place) a /songs/ folder under /home/yourusername/.fofix/

Please note that a preceding period on a folder or file on Linux systems means the folder or file is hidden.
Derp
slashfan7964

Postby slashfan7964 » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:50 pm

Lys is correct. You do not put it in the "sounds" folder. As he said make a seperate folder called songs and add them in there. When you go to play a song, you'll be prompted to select the directory.

My Song Thread
Current Songs: 98
Secret Project in the Works! Check this signature for active updates!
My second band, Tetanus with Metallicaholic666 is recording a demo tape. Full album to follow.
Xeronage

Postby Xeronage » Thu Sep 02, 2010 2:52 am

Everything besides /home folders should have root privileges. Only your /home folder should contain personal data. This is why you, as a user, cannot directly edit /usr/share/* without an error. You will need root privileges (sudo, su) to copy the files.
The tux power
Borisdsp

Postby Borisdsp » Thu Sep 02, 2010 5:58 am

FoF from repository is sh*t. Try this: (FoFiX)
viewtopic.php?f=32&t=47774
If the game opens create a "songs" folder an copy all the songs there.
Team Meteorito Official Member

Return to “Tech Support”