CHART file?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 13 years and 9 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
awsh

CHART file?

Postby awsh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:13 pm

HELP! I just downloaded Dark Matter off of Scorehero.com, yet it only appeared as a CHART file... :confused: I have no idea what to do with this and need help. It doesn't show up ingame, and I want to know how to make it work. Sorry, but I'm a complete n00b at all of this, I only got fofix yesterday... =P Please help.
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Re: CHART file?

Postby amak11 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:17 pm

Use the program EOF to convert the chart file to mid

Link below
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32725
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

awsh

Postby awsh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:42 pm

amak11 wrote:Use the program EOF to convert the chart file to mid

Link below
viewtopic.php?f=11&t=32725

OK, so i downloaded that and now i'm lost again... i have no clue how to convert the file... please help moar?
The Man, The Moose
amak11

Postby amak11 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 7:57 pm

Open the program

file>import chart >[chart file where ever it is]

then save. a mid file should be created in the same directory
Disclaimer: If you take the above text seriously, then you are an even greater idiot then I

onmouseout="this.style.cursor='default'" alt="" />

letylovesjb27 in the Taylor Swift - Fearless Album thread wrote::DDDDDDDDDD thanks soooooooo much, I love all Taylor´s songs and this is already the first place where I finally found them!
Waitin for the others! xoxo

Code: Select all

<@away_xbox> Looks like it's your lucky day Amak11 >:) Since i don't see Amak here ill choose somebody else....
* @away_xbox straps 15 sticks of TNT to Amak11's body. The display reads [58] seconds.
<@away_xbox> Diffuse the timer by cutting the correct wire. There are 14 wires. They are Green White Peenus Indigo Black Gold Grey Brown Violet Turquoise Teal Magenta Mauve and Yellow.
<Amak11> oh really
<Belisario93> hmm
<Amak11> !cutwire Peenus
<@away_xbox> ...snip....
<@away_xbox> Amak11 cut the Peenus wire. This has defused the timer on the TNT! Just try and get it off you without setting it off, ok?

awsh

Postby awsh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 10:23 pm

amak11 wrote:Open the program

file>import chart >[chart file where ever it is]

then save. a mid file should be created in the same directory

ugh... I'm sorry, but with what you gave me, EOF version 1.65 on windows, there is no "import chart" tab under file... So I still can't do anything... not sure what i did wrong or if you have an other version, but it isn't working for me.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:10 pm

1. File->FeedBack Import->Choose your .CHART file->Open
*If it ask you for Music File(.ogg) so->Cancel->New->Choose the .MP3 file->Select->Fill out the boxes(Song Name, Artist)->Use Source Folder->File->FeedBack Import->Choose your .CHART file->Open
2. Song->Properties->Fill in the boxes
3. File->Save As...->notes.eof
4. Done.
awsh

Postby awsh » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:34 pm

acrox999 wrote:1. File->FeedBack Import->Choose your .CHART file->Open
*If it ask you for Music File(.ogg) so->Cancel->New->Choose the .MP3 file->Select->Fill out the boxes(Song Name, Artist)->Use Source Folder->File->FeedBack Import->Choose your .CHART file->Open
2. Song->Properties->Fill in the boxes
3. File->Save As...->notes.eof
4. Done.

I'm getting pretty frustrated now... I have an mp3 file for the song, so i chose that for the music file, correct? It plays on windows media player. So i name the artist and song, click ok, use the source folder, and then a new box pops up saying choose ogg music file... -_- i DO NOT HAVE A FRIKIN OGG FILE! I'm sorry, but this is just getting ridiculous.
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Sun Jun 27, 2010 11:45 pm

You're obviously doing something wrong, as it should be converted to an .ogg file instantly. Are you sure you're using the pop-up window to choose the file?
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
awsh

Postby awsh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:09 am

OK, so following all those steps, after i name the song and artist, a new small window pops up saying OGG settings: Encoder Quality.
What do i do there? What i did was just keep it default and continue, whereas another window pops up saying to choose the ogg file, which for some reason is still not there... i have repeated this around 20 times and still nothing...
Gah.
OzzyOzrock

Postby OzzyOzrock » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:17 am

Yeah, the default should work... ;_;
ImageImage

I haven't touched a GH related game for 6 months. Woo. My (dead) song thread: Contains horrible things.
awsh

Postby awsh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:27 am

OzzyOzrock wrote:Yeah, the default should work... ;_;

Then i have no idea why it isn't... i'm sad now.
Jpop fanatic
raynebc

Postby raynebc » Mon Jun 28, 2010 2:26 am

Feedback import isn't meant for you to provide an MP3, you should have the file in OGG format already. If you have a chart open already (such as if you just created one), importing the chart file will replace what's open in EOF, and you'll be asked to provide the audio for the Feedback chart. If you did convert with the method acrox999 indicated (File>New), then it would have created a folder with the converted audio in EOF's configured song folder. If you didn't specify the default song folder path, it will be in the folder that the EOF program is in. At least at this point, you can provide the guitar.ogg (which was converted from the MP3 you specified earlier), and then you can check the sync. If you provide your own audio, there's never any guarantee that it will match exactly with the chart, especially since some folks prefer to alter the audio to remove silence, etc.

This is a long way to go about it, so if you prefer, you can use free software like Audacity or dBPoweramp to convert the MP3s to OGG files if you plan on doing ScoreHero conversions.
awsh

Postby awsh » Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:47 am

raynebc wrote:Feedback import isn't meant for you to provide an MP3, you should have the file in OGG format already. If you have a chart open already (such as if you just created one), importing the chart file will replace what's open in EOF, and you'll be asked to provide the audio for the Feedback chart. If you did convert with the method acrox999 indicated (File>New), then it would have created a folder with the converted audio in EOF's configured song folder. If you didn't specify the default song folder path, it will be in the folder that the EOF program is in. At least at this point, you can provide the guitar.ogg (which was converted from the MP3 you specified earlier), and then you can check the sync. If you provide your own audio, there's never any guarantee that it will match exactly with the chart, especially since some folks prefer to alter the audio to remove silence, etc.

This is a long way to go about it, so if you prefer, you can use free software like Audacity or dBPoweramp to convert the MP3s to OGG files if you plan on doing ScoreHero conversions.

I'm crying now. Even after finally finding a program to convert the mp3 to an ogg, it still somehow manages to play on windows media player and EOF says it can't load the file because it might not be a valid ogg file. WTF! I used BlazeMedia Pro free demo, btw.
Bridged To The Sun.
acrox999

Postby acrox999 » Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:17 am

Right, you probably doing something wrong. Did you import the MP3 in the same folder as the .CHART file? If its not, then you should put the MP3 along with the .CHART in the same folder.

Return to “Tech Support”