Wireless PS2 Guitar Not Recognized

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 4 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
Althalos

Postby Althalos » Fri Nov 16, 2007 7:48 pm

Okay, here's the problem-
I'm trying to play FoF with a PS2 guitar. The guitar is a React Brand for GH 1 & 2, wireless. I have the wireless receiver plugged into a RedOctane PS2 to USB converter. The PC recognizes the converter, but doesn't register when I hit the buttons on the guitar. The guitar and receiver look fine (*on*, to remove your doubts). Is there a driver I can get to "force" recognition here, or something? Running Windows XP SP2. Thanks.
xbox360922

Postby xbox360922 » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:15 pm

So are the buttons not pressable in the game or what.
Can you go into device manager and see if all of the buttons work? (Or did you, I'm not sure which one I want to ask)
Althalos

Postby Althalos » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:36 pm

The buttons work with GH3 on a PS2, but don't register in device manager on PC. However, hardware profiles says the converter is working properly. Consequently, can't use the buttons in FoF.
Last edited by Althalos on Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:37 am, edited 1 time in total.
Althalos

Postby Althalos » Thu Nov 22, 2007 6:34 pm

Has anyone else had this problem?
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Nov 22, 2007 7:22 pm

im sure other people have used wireless adaptors on FoF, have a look around this section ( tech support ) at other guitar related questions , it is here some where, but its late and im too lazy to try and find you the link ( id have to do exactly the same as you and either just look down the pages or do a search) so i think you could do that yourself :)
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
okonoamaru

Postby okonoamaru » Sat Nov 24, 2007 11:07 am

nobby76 wrote:im sure other people have used wireless adaptors on FoF, have a look around this section ( tech support ) at other guitar related questions , it is here some where, but its late and im too lazy to try and find you the link ( id have to do exactly the same as you and either just look down the pages or do a search) so i think you could do that yourself :)

Hello all,
I have exactly the same problem and I search the forum for an answer but I didn't find anything :p
Here's my post in another forum

I recently bought this guitar hero controller: guitar

Then, to play with the guitar in FOF, I plug it in my ps2/usb adapter:
EMS USB2

But apparently, my guitar is not recognized by windows XP... and because of that I can’t configure the key with joy2key.

I don’t really know where the problem is because my adapter works great with any ps2 pad I tried.

Can anyone help me?
Thanks,
okonoamaru

Postby okonoamaru » Sat Nov 24, 2007 9:07 pm

no one to help ? :(
blazingamer

Postby blazingamer » Sun Nov 25, 2007 7:51 am

Some converters come with an install CD for the hardware. If yours did, use it, it should come with another application that when you double click it, it should add the ps2 controller to the Game Controllers in the Control Panel.

At least that's what mine is like, if your doesn't have any of that stuff, ask for a refund and go to Wal-Mart and get a XBox-GC-PS2 Adapter for 10 bucks, that's where I got mine and it works perfectly.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Sun Nov 25, 2007 10:58 am

okonoamaru wrote:no one to help ? :(

If you made a post somewhere else dont not copy it to another thread. ONCE IS ENOUGH!
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
auzzie dude

Postby auzzie dude » Sun Nov 25, 2007 11:04 am

im thinking that this is a problem with the converter. in the sense that its not powering the wireless receiver properly. if that is the case then there is not much you can do but get a non wireless guitar or a different converter that is known to be fine with wireless stuff.
okonoamaru

Postby okonoamaru » Mon Nov 26, 2007 7:39 am

Okay, I think I should buy an other and hope that it will work with this one :)
Thank all of you for the reply.

Return to “Tech Support”