How can I share my 14Gig FOF collection

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 4 weeks old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
WildSioux

Re: How can I share my 14Gig FOF collection

Postby WildSioux » Wed Mar 18, 2009 12:12 pm

acrox999 wrote:How about a SVN??? :D

Yes, would SVN work???

His collection may be too big for one SVN. But have one for each one (GH, II, III, RB, etc...)

It could be set up something like
\Songs\
............\Guitar Hero\
..................................\Guitar Hero I\
...................................\Guitar HeroII\
.............\Rock Band\
................................\Rock Band I\
.................................\Rock Band II\

etc....
linuxmint 7 (Jaunty 9.04), KDE 4.2.3, 32-bit with python2.6 installed running FoFiX-SVN. P4-2.4Ghz, 1gig ram, BFG Nvidia 8400 GS (512mb) - beta driver 185.18.14, 2x X-ploder guitars.
Ruler of Chatrooms
nobby76

Postby nobby76 » Thu Mar 19, 2009 10:42 am

i believe ADRIVE allows you to upload and DL files of up to 1gb in size. Mega upload allows you to DL very large files too, Most tv shows and movies that get released by the scene groups will get reuploaded as a single file to mega upload. i quite often DL 700-800mb movies from megaupload as a single file.
The other alternative is, you could allways setup an FTP server, then just dump all the songs onto there and people could pick and choose which individual songs to download.
If you look into hosting sites that are not that well known ( so no rapid share ) you will find some of the more obscure sites allow you to up/down load quite big files even on free accounts.

Now you probably have more questions than answers :tongue:
LONG LIVE THE NOOBS, THEY WILL OVER THROW US WITH THERE VASTLY SUPERIOR STUPIDITY.
Check out the Tutorial Making songs without having to fret a single note And come check out the IRC Chatroom
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:24 am

WHAT IS YOUR INTERNETS!!! do you realise the traffic your inviting?

but torrents is the way... DO NOT ARCHIVE ANYTHING if you're going to torrent it though.
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 8:35 am

DamienT wrote:Can I somehow put my 14 gig 1680 song file collection online?! I know and understand most of you have an aversion against Torrents so I'll respect the request not to make a torrent

People have an aversion against slow torrents filled with low-quality songs like the first FoF songs torrents there used to be. But seriously, for that amount of data, torrents seem to be the way to go. Like lordhardware said, if the torrent isn't made of archived folders people can choose what files they want to download if they don't need the whole 14gig. It's a good advantage.

catfish08 wrote:One a random note, why does't FoF support .mp3?

Mp3 is a proprietary format, Ogg vorbis offers the same kind of quality for about the same filesize but is open source.
Lin

Postby Lin » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:01 am

What's wrong with breaking them into parts, compressing, and uploading to www.mediafire.com? I'd think that's the best way to go.
My Songs:
Yellowcard - Way Away
Poison - Fallen Angel
Twisted Sister - I Wanna Rock
Thin Lizzy - Emerald
Judas Priest - Judas Rising

Drum player (Very good), Guitar player (Ok),Bass Player (W/e), Keyboard Player (Wtf?)
Mr. Fansonfire
lordhardware

Postby lordhardware » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:08 am

Lin wrote:What's wrong with breaking them into parts, compressing, and uploading to http://www.mediafire.com? I'd think that's the best way to go.

the law of averages for fof suggests that 14gb means 7 gig of great/good/playable/ok songs... id like to pick apart the good ones...

if you torrent them it would be cool if you could also arrange into folders of fretters name (if known ((and they have more then one song)) ) that way we can also have easy access to fretters that are well known to be good.

600th post
WIP:
"Check Your Hardware: Modern Hits" 11/20
"Check Your Hardware: Australian Anthems" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Alternative" 4/20
"Check Your Hardware: Classic Beats" 2/20
"Check Your Hardware: Electronic" 2/10
"Check Your Hardware: Rap" 1/10
not a robot
raph666
Administrator

Postby raph666 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 3:51 pm

lordhardware wrote:
Lin wrote:What's wrong with breaking them into parts, compressing, and uploading to http://www.mediafire.com? I'd think that's the best way to go.

the law of averages for fof suggests that 14gb means 7 gig of great/good/playable/ok songs... id like to pick apart the good ones...

And with mediafire's 100mb file size limit, 14gb represents about 140 separate downloads. Audio files are barely compressed when archived. At best it would make what, 100 separate download links? It doesn't seem like such a fast and practical solution. Other file sharing sites might have higher size limit but still, 14gb is big.
PiePerson

Postby PiePerson » Fri Mar 20, 2009 4:09 pm

Torrenting is DEFINITELY your best bet. With uTorrent (and probably other clients) you can pick the folders you want, so if you organize it well, people can torrent only the songs they want, or the entire thing.
Just pick a good torrent site, because most people on a lot of torrent sites are just idiots who will comment and say "zomg vierus doawn lode mein insted lolololo!!!!1".

~Pie
DamienT

Postby DamienT » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:06 pm

Hi to all,

My torrent is online it seemed the only way to upload without compressing or paying a large sum for an upload site, this is the Link

There are quite a lot of nice song in the pack but it's a load of work to filter the good from the bad (unless I play all the 1600 songs on all difficulties) If there is one song you want simply select that specific file. In a few days a couple of friends of my wil upload the same pack for some extra seeders. And I'll be connected to high speed (2.8mb per/sec upload) internet in a few days.

PLz share, and thank for all the tips and response,

Damien
Need a song ?! It's just one click away.
Knight of Cydonia
Stripes

Postby Stripes » Sat Mar 21, 2009 9:28 am

HUGE thanks :woot:

Return to “Tech Support”