First note image missing in some songs

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 1 month old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
wseyller

First note image missing in some songs

Postby wseyller » Mon Feb 23, 2009 1:12 pm

I have 3 of about about 15 songs I fretted that do not show the first note at the beginning of the song. They used to work fine sometime before the FOFix betas & official release. I updated all my themes to make sure it wasn't an issue. You can play the first note but cannot see it. If it has a sustain then you can see the tail. I added 2 secs of silence and delay to the song and mid. Still no luck.
My Songs - Metallica, Hellyeah, Puddle of Mudd
All songs updated March 03, 2009 (major overhaul, so go redownload them again)
wseyller

Re: First note image missing in some songs

Postby wseyller » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:20 pm

I guess I'll try and more delay than 2 seconds and see what happens.
Wait what
evilbobthebob

Postby evilbobthebob » Mon Feb 23, 2009 2:46 pm

That won't help, you need to adjust the chart itself. For some reason some people have this problem; the first note at time 0 in the MIDI file gets cut off.
All my songs | My Hero Project: A Hero
The Smart Way to Ask Questions

Spoiler:ummmmm hey guys
you suck because I said so
I know everything about art guys
what you make is worthless because you use photos
allow me to bash you and not prove I hold any talent of my own guys
guys guys guys
look at me
I need attention

NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Mon Feb 23, 2009 7:10 pm

It is a bug in FoFiX introduced around 3.100 beta 2. I have mentioned it in the FoFiX thread a couple of times but it has not been accepted as an issue yet.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire
wseyller

Postby wseyller » Mon Feb 23, 2009 9:23 pm

NewCreature wrote:It is a bug in FoFiX introduced around 3.100 beta 2. I have mentioned it in the FoFiX thread a couple of times but it has not been accepted as an issue yet.

Yep adding even more delay did nothing as I expected. I figured it was the FoFiX 3.1 beta and above, because they have worked well before then. Just making sure it wasn't something on my end. I wonder if there is a work around though. There must be some difference in the MIDI that causes this that is just nowing popping its head up, because there are plenty of songs that do work fine. Of course if a fix could be done in FOFiX would be much easier than fixing every song that produced this problem.

evilbobthebob wrote:That won't help, you need to adjust the chart itself. For some reason some people have this problem; the first note at time 0 in the MIDI file gets cut off.

You say adjust the chart. So I'm assuming you might know what adjustment could be made? Could you be more descriptive?

***EDIT***

Ok I figured it out. For every song I had that presented the problem, the first note was on the very first beat marker. Adding delay of course doesn't offset the notes on the beat markers.

Very easy EOF solution if you want to fix this:

Just click on "Push offset back". It will add a beat marker before the first note. The first note will now be on the second beat marker. It did not malest anything throughout the rest of the song. Very easy one click solution.
trinidude4

Postby trinidude4 » Mon Feb 23, 2009 11:51 pm

I tracked down where this issue was introduced. It was introduced in revision 725. In Guitar.py or Drum.py, the variable self.freestyleOffset was introduced and set with a value of 5. If you set it to self.freestyleOffset = 0, then you will see the first notes again. I'm not saying this is a fix since I'm not sure what the offset is really used for, but this is the cause of your problem.
moe~ moe~ kyun~!
FullMetaru

Postby FullMetaru » Tue Feb 24, 2009 2:58 am

Have you tried editing the song using Audacity and just generating silence to make the delay? For my charts, I usually add enough so that either the song is in timing with my chart, or it's in timing AND has room for an opening hihat count.
NewCreature

Postby NewCreature » Tue Feb 24, 2009 7:27 pm

I've found the issue. In "Guitar.py" at line 1803 in the newest revision, the code that detects notes which lie in the BRE zone is hiding the first note for some reason.

Edit: Figured it out and posted a fix in the FoFiX thread. Hopefully they will use it.
"Stop putting so much stock in all of this stuff, live your life for those that you love." - Relient K
EOF - A Song Editor for Frets On Fire

Return to “Tech Support”