FoF and my x-plorer controller - Is it possible?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 16 years and 7 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
HeadBang

Postby HeadBang » Thu Aug 30, 2007 6:34 pm

I read somethng about that it's actually possible to use your GH2 controller to work with FoF aswell. I got mine to work just fine with GuitarZero, but well...to be honest GZ just sucks badly compared to FoF :p

It seems like whenever you have come controller plugged in and try to start FoF it crashes before the actuall game even load, Is there a way to go around this? Being able to play it with my guitar would be so sweet.
HeadBang

Postby HeadBang » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:23 pm

Anyone know? =3
robichaud398

Postby robichaud398 » Thu Aug 30, 2007 10:36 pm

sorry, never had any problem with mine...
Just plugged it in and it worked like a charm...
Never heard of that error, but just for the heck of it, use the search button and look at some of those threads.
Sigs are as useless as this statement.

''One search button a day keeps the post flamers at bay!''
HeadBang

Postby HeadBang » Fri Aug 31, 2007 12:27 am

Hmm wierd, Yeah i did check some thread where people had errors when starting the game but couldnt find one that actually said how to resolve it. It was the same before when i installed PPjoy before I got my guitar for GZ.

When I uninstalled it the error went away, so im guessing it has somethng to with drivers for gamepads? or something.

This is the message that pops up.
"Traceback (most recent call last):
File "FretsOnFire.py", line 64, in ?
File "GameEngine.pyo", line 164, in
File "Input.pyo", line 93, in
File "Log.pyo", line 56, in <lambda>
File "Log.pyo", line 50, in log
UnicodeDecodeError: 'ascii' codec can't decode byte 0xf6 in position 40: ordinal not in range(128)"

Any clues?
HeadBang

Postby HeadBang » Fri Aug 31, 2007 4:55 am

Well I deleted all my gamepad drivers, including the one for the x-plorer and let it re-install everything.

Once it said a new driver was found I let it download the drivers by searching the net, everything works just fine. But, when I try to start up FoF having the guitar plugged in the cursed error shows up again...

So i try to simply unplugg the guitar and start up the game again, works fine...can get ingame and everything.

I even tryed plugging in the guitar after i started up the game and it stays up, but then the guitar isn't responsive when you try to change the keys in the options.

God im going nutts here, been up 12 hours straight trying to get this darn thing to work. And im runing out of idéas =/ was my 53$ a complete waste or is there anyone who has a clue about what the error means?

Im runing on a normal windows XP 32 edition with SP2.
Dabrinko

Postby Dabrinko » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:21 am

I installed a program called Xbox 360 accessories and then it worked fine. You can reach it from the "hardware" pages on Microsoft's site.
HeadBang

Postby HeadBang » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:35 am

Dabrinko wrote:I installed a program called Xbox 360 accessories and then it worked fine. You can reach it from the "hardware" pages on Microsoft's site.

Hm I did a search for it on their page but it shows about 20 pages with different accesories downloads. Any chanse you have a link to the one you used? o_O

Or do you think just grabbing one out of the blue would work aswell? =)
uberlulz

Postby uberlulz » Fri Aug 31, 2007 11:08 am

Don't map it in game, just map it out of game using Joy2key to F1 through F5 and enter/shift.
HeadBang

Postby HeadBang » Fri Aug 31, 2007 7:40 pm

uberlulz wrote:Don't map it in game, just map it out of game using Joy2key to F1 through F5 and enter/shift.

Sorry don't quite understand what you mean, I can play it just fine with the keyboard, what im trying to do is fix the error that shows up when i try to start the game with my x-plorer controller plugged in.

Return to “Tech Support”