How to tell what difficulty song has?

Help center. Members helping members
Forum rules
This topic is 15 years and 2 months old. Instead of replying, please begin a new topic, or search for another related topic that may be more suitable.
pbiancardi

How to tell what difficulty song has?

Postby pbiancardi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:08 am

I have downloaded many songs and love them all, a lot of times though I pick easy or medium only to get a blank fretboard, is there any option to allow me to only select difficulties that are available in the song? Thanks in advance.

Also what are the difficulty levels? I keep reading about Amazing but I only see Expert in my game? Is Amazing=Expert?
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Re: How to tell what difficulty song has?

Postby Typhus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:23 am

FoF Vs. FoFix:

Supaesay -> Easy
Easy -> Medium
Medium -> Hard
Amazing -> Expert

I don't think that there's an option, in-game, that allows us to only see the difficulties the song has been fretted with. I've noticed that some custom songs only have the difficulties that a song has been fretted but other ones (almost all of them) don't. So, my guess is, this has something to do with the midi chart or the fretting programs used.

If there is a way to "fix" this, I also would be grateful.

Hasta!

Nothing for now...

Click Here -> Latest W.I.P. song is Ride The Sky by Helloween

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
death_au wrote:Power metal covers of pop songs = WIN
+ Frets on Fire = EPIC WIN. Thank you Typhus :thumbup:
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
DaBackStabber666 wrote:I love your frettings :D
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

My Song Thread [ALL DIFFICULTIES] | Alternative/Rock/Metal Genres
Lamb Of God - Ashes Of The Wake -> FULL ALBUM
Lamb Of God - Sacrament -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Lamb Of God - Wrath -> MASTER TRACKS|FULL ALBUM|ALL INSTRUMENTS
Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 am

"Phantom tracks", tracks with only a few notes, are mostly seen in songs made with feedback. The chart2mid converter (or is it feedback itself?) adds safety notes so that the song will be playable in GH. I'm not sure how GH recognizes difficulties (my guess is that it requires notes for all difficulties), but FoF checks if there's any notes for the difficulty part of the midi.

There's programs that helps fretters remove these phantom tracks, however I'm not sure about the quality of those. Most fretters just ignore it and release with the phantom tracks.

You can remove these extra notes yourself so that the unfinished difficulties won't show up, however if you intend to upload your scores to a score server (divra's world charts for example), you will get a new MD5 hash, and the server will recognize your score for a new song.

Short: This happens due to fretters being lazy or not aware of how to get rid of the extra notes.

Please don't dit the song if you wish the upload scores, wait for development to hide these difficulties automatically.
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
kirbix

Postby kirbix » Wed Feb 18, 2009 9:59 am

You can use viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24985 to remove fake difficulties by loading your song folder, going into Tracklist Functions -> Fake notes -> Delete all fake notes.
pbiancardi

Postby pbiancardi » Wed Feb 18, 2009 10:04 am

kirbix wrote:You can use viewtopic.php?f=11&t=24985 to remove fake difficulties by loading your song folder, going into Tracklist Functions -> Fake notes -> Delete all fake notes.

Going to try when I get home, thanks.

No worries with me uploading my feeble scores :)
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:32 am

Uau!

It works, although I've tested this on a folder with songs that haven't been played anytime. So I've noticed that the score changed from "0" to NIL.

Will this be a problem? Does anyone knows if after playing a song the score will show up ok? Right now I can't play so I can't test it properly, that's why I'm asking this.

Thank you!

Nothing for now...

Kotti wrote:One of the many songs Typhus made for FoFH3. Check out his song thread, he deserves more recognition than is getting...
lukarocker wrote:Your latest Arch enemy song made my decision! YOU ARE MY NUMBER ONE FRETTER!!!
nariel99 wrote:But luckily , you find the post and were interested in the project. And the result : a pure moment of epicness in Frets on Fire . Once again thank you...
OPIK wrote:+ All difficulties included. That's PRECISELY why TYPHUS is in my "Personnal TOP 3 Best Fretters" !
dertanz wrote:NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO DON'T EVER QUIT... man you are one of my fav charters :crying: you can't quit... if you quit charting I'd quit playing :crying:
loth wrote:Typhus YOU SO RULE!! I love playing the songs you have fretted! :2thumbsup: Even on Supereasy the accurate representation of the music comes out. What a pleasure playing these, I can't wait for more metal tunes from you. Thanks SO much for doing ALL LEVELS, my fun meter is on high! :thumbup:
THANKS GUYS!!

Check out Puppetz Advanced Song Tutorial, now with instructions on how to use Anchors.
Azzco

Postby Azzco » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:35 am

I think that if there's no notes on a difficulty the score will say NIL rather than 0. Just try to play the song and see if you can select a track that you removed (hopefully not if you did it right).
(k)Ubuntu 8.10 skyscraper 2.6.27-11-generic i686 GNU/Linux KDE 4.2.0
It's not like I dislike sleeping, I really do like it to be honest. It's the whole wake up/go to sleep business I don't like.
DRUMZZZ!
Typhus

Postby Typhus » Wed Feb 18, 2009 11:42 am

Right! that's exactly it. It shows NIL if the song doesn't have that difficulty, but the score will show up ok if the song has the difficulty the score belongs to.

WORKING GREAT!! :2thumbsup:

Thank you!!!

Nothing for now...

THANKS GUYS!!

SketchMan3

Postby SketchMan3 » Wed Feb 18, 2009 2:34 pm

I just use Anvil Studio (a free midi editor) to remove the phantom difficulties and tracks. I don't care if I get a new hash. I just want my FoF songs done properly. If you press the blue fret button, it should change the difficulty that is shown. For example, if only Amazing was fretted, NIL will show up for all the other difficulties.

Return to “Tech Support”